Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very true that the clothing isn't too much of a bad thing, and it's Sync Beatz ideas, not Bandai's, but it just makes me mad that after all of these years of tama fans writing into Bandai about what they want, they decide to go with a completely different path.

What ever happened to thinking about what the fans want? Sure the clothes might be good to get the new Tamagotchi trend kick started into girls liking Tamagotchi, but they've completely ignored the older and faithful fans.

It just feels like we've been pushed aside for the younger audience. There are still tons of fans that want a new Tamagotchi, and have even been sending in suggestions like crazy. Oh but of course, they end up releasing anything but a new tamagotchi, a clothing line.

Also with the clothing line being aimed towards girls it seems,(though i thought they also said women?) it also seems like the boys who love tamagotchi are out of the picture too. Bandai/Sync Beatz has also forgotten about males too, and they do make up part of the tamagotchi fanbase.

So thats what I think. After years of true tamagotchi fans suggestions new and fun features for the tamagotchi, we've been pushed aside for a clothing line, and no news about a new virtual pet. Bandai's a great company and they could possibly make a comeback with this if all goes well, but I feel like we've been ignored.
Truly, to me at least, the most terrifying part about this line of clothes is that it shows that neither BanDai, nor Sync Beatz sees tamagotchi as a brand that has to innovate. No, they see tamagotchi as a thing of the past. Just like how we see people wear t shirts based on Atari, Pac Man, anything "old school"... This clothing line is meant to hit the "retro craze" market. It isn't meant for US fans at all! None of us here! Not even the vintage fans, despite it having their characters. This line is for the people who bought a tamagotchi when the craze happened, and have forgotten about it since.

And don't say that "BanDai Japan has clothes too!" Well, that's different. Tamagotchi in Japan is a hugely popluar kids brand that has its own animated series, it's own section of some Namco themed theme park, and Candy, toys, video games... And most importantly of all.. The tamagotchi toy! What Sync Beatz is doing is different. They aren't trying to make tamagotchi "the big thing" again! No, they are trying to exploit people's memories of the toy from the 90s!

Everyone is being so mean to Bandai...

I have to say, I really like that girl's jacket in the first picture. I love varsity jackets, I would actually wear that. Maybe the shorts with a plain white shirt or something.

I don't know why everyone is being like this- Bandai is trying again! They're opening their factories, their minds, (their wallets...), and we should open our minds, too! Just because this came out and the majority of people don't like it doesn't mean the whole line is going to be bad. I guarantee every single fandom has one thing (or will have one thing) that isn't great. No company is perfect, no person is perfect, and no idea comes without flaws. We should be appreciative that Bandai bothered to take a chance again, and not abandon us Tama fans completely.

Yes, these clothes are not for everyone. But, just take a look at what Target (a very big and wide-selling store in America, for those who don't know) is selling:

d77adb454713e11de96ef6d3d8cdce96_27389505.jpg
6230afa46082b495690c07833aed7101_27389561.jpg
7dc527d8a0f97d6ca8a7a7120e04310a_27389621.jpg

A lot of people nowadays are into this kind of stuff; Neon, flashy, revelaing, want-to-get-noticed...

What Bandai has done seems smart. They've catered to what a lot of people want (Obviously not the majority here, but I can see every single one of my friends wearing at least the shorts in those pictures), and that's what business is about. You can't please everyone- but Bandai is a business and needs to please a certain amount of people.

We need to open our minds and see what else is going to be in this line. It might not be as horrendous as you all think.
It's alright for you. You're a 14-year-old girl who likes fashion and looking nice. But think how it might be for me - I'm 11, I'm not into fashion one bit and I got into Tamas to actively escape clothes and caring about my appearance. It's like it would be for you if suddenly the new trend was looking awful with tangled hair and smelling bad, or if you moved school only to find that the new school was far worse than the last - or all the bullies from the old school moved into the new one.

I guess there's no escape from being in the minority - not for me. I just hope that the app is good and also that the clothes line is short-lived and they produce an actual toy.

And honestly...what's up with this negative attitude to young girls?

Sure the clothes might be good to get the new Tamagotchi trend kick started into girls liking Tamagotchi, but they've completely ignored the older and faithful fans.
Older fans are NOT more faithful than young girls - certainly not the young girl you're currently reading a post by. Why is it that I always have to prove myself to avoid being dismissed as some immature kid with a short attention span? >_>

Last edited by a moderator:
I never even said that you were. No need to overreact over it. I know you're not an immature little kid just by the way you act. xD Which is good

I'm just upset that they seem to have ignored the older tamagotchi fans who don't want all of the cute and girly stuff, especially not clothes.(The clothes are cute, but I wouldn't wear them. It'd be embarrassing for someone my age.) And by faithful fans I also mean the ones who have stuck through with Bandai over the years and are looking forward to a new Tamagotchi, not a whole new fashion line.

Agh, I'm sorry if I sounded harsh to little girls ;_; I wasn't trying to be mean to them, I was just saying that neon, bright, and altogether "loud" clothing is what the designers are making for little girls nowadays.

Lol I agree on what you said about the bright colours, they might have done the right thing there. C: No worries! xD

i really don't mind the clothing line at all id just wear them for home or something and if they had some cute clothes that were good enough to be able to wear outdoors then i'll buy a few i think the only thing i'll buy or like the accessory stuff and like blanket sheets or watever they have, and now that im thinking about it its not really that bad at all i think were all just over-reacting to it we havent even seen everything they have to show for yet so i dont think we should be disappointed just yet or not at all if this becomes a success

and does anyone know when this will launch i hope its this year or in 2013

The clothing.....oh my...

I'll say this: it seems more tailored to...well...girls under 12, 13, not to women 20-29. Not that I'm saying nobody else can wear those, because it's perfectly fine to do so, but they seem more like...I don't know...things that you'd see at department stores in the Girls' section.

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in Bandai. I really shouldn't be, because the stuff they're going to release hasn't even hit stores yet, or iTunes. Who knows, maybe we'll actually enjoy the things they're releasing.

Then again, a lot of people here are guys, and I don't think they'd be very interested in wearing shirts with sequins and flaunting "Patchi Forest Green" nail polish all over their hands.

Oh yeah, one more thing: If they're developing an app, maybe we should keep an open mind to that too. Yeah? ;)

As I've said before, don't be too optistmistic about the "app". From what it sounds like, it's just a port of the original vintage toy. Wow, exciting?

On the other hand, BanDai Japan recently announced their own fantastic looking app.. Heh

The clothing.....oh my...

I'll say this: it seems more tailored to...well...girls under 12, 13, not to women 20-29. Not that I'm saying nobody else can wear those, because it's perfectly fine to do so, but they seem more like...I don't know...things that you'd see at department stores in the Girls' section.

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in Bandai. I really shouldn't be, because the stuff they're going to release hasn't even hit stores yet, or iTunes. Who knows, maybe we'll actually enjoy the things they're releasing.

Then again, a lot of people here are guys, and I don't think they'd be very interested in wearing shirts with sequins and flaunting "Patchi Forest Green" nail polish all over their hands.

Oh yeah, one more thing: If they're developing an app, maybe we should keep an open mind to that too. Yeah? ;)
i agree, most of the people on here are guys so i guess almost everyone hated it because they said so i guess or they didnt like it either, the clothes are a bit too...flashy (very colorful and pink girly looking) for me i'm more into darker colors but not too dark and i think i'll only buy them to wear at home and get a size bigger i'll buy anything else they sell but clothes maybe depends

Yes, but we Americans are stubborn, stubborn people. In Japan a man who plays video games all day and is oohed and ahhed over by all females because he's got the highest score might be worshipped by other game fans, but other non-gamers would be disgusted. In Japan 70 year old women can wear sparkly pink Hello Kitty shirts and she might get nothing but complements. She wouldn't be ridiculed or anything. In America people would point and whisper and try to avoid standing near her because she's "crazy"....

And yet again, Japan is just a more open country. People can run around in TV character costumes like nobody's business, but in America, yet again, they'd be called a freak. Japan is so successful with all of their toy merchandise because the Japanese are really more into embracing their child-like side. They're not afraid of that. But lots of Americans might secretly like to be like that, yet would never admit it because they'd be made fun of.

Blah.
In the UK it's like you described America. There's a girl in my school and just because she's a slow runner and has a tooth problem people bully her and avoid her. If a 9-year-old girl, let alone a 70-year-old woman, brings so much as a Hello Kitty hat into school along with the excuse it was from her grandma when she was seven, she still gets teased.

But mature kids or adults in the UK aren't like that. I have a huge amount of aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins etcetera on my mom's side and most of them were into Tamas as teens in the late 90s. When I show them the newer versions and tell them I have 32, they have fond memories of Tamas and instead of saying they grew out of them, they say how much they used to enjoy them. I think BanDai are trying to make something new to catch people's attention.

But this is not how they should go about getting people's attention. I'm sure these relatives who used to have Tamas have seen the V6 and Tama-Go in stores, but those versions are barely recognisable as Tamagotchi. "A music star created by you"?! What kind of original fan does THAT bring back memories for? And just a glance at the kiddy design and packaging for the Tama-Go will make an old fan think "what is that toy supposed to be?" not "oh, Tamagotchi! I remember them!" They need to make a replica of the P1 or P2, saying "Tamagotchi...Transformed!" or "Tamagotchi Regeneration!" or something. Not a tacky iPhone app or a vintage Mametchi shirt.

I see an awful lot of people here worrying about what others would think of them for having Tamagotchis and Tamagotchi clothes. If you are still a K-12 student I can understand that other students can be mean about things that are different to them. However, I'm also seeing responses from a lot of adults who say they'd be embarrassed to wear the clothes, but would wear them at home.

I want to say something about being yourself... it feels good, it makes you happy, and it keeps you from developing a whole array of psychological problems as an adult. If you love tamagotchis, you shouldn't be embarrassed. If you like wearing sort of strange and flashy clothes that might seem tacky to others, you shouldn't be embarrassed! It is your preference, your happiness, and your life, and anyone who will tease you for that is either just jealous that they are afraid to be themselves or is just a mean person whose opinion doesn't matter anyway.

I'm a 26 year old guy and if any of these tamagotchi shirts were even remotely close to something a guy could wear, I'd wear one. I'm not ashamed to be into tamagotchis. I post pictures of them on my Facebook all the time, and my hundreds of adult acquaintances and friends don't think negatively of it.

I just feel a duty to say this. I spent a lot of my youth hiding my interests and hiding who I really was because I was very different from others, but as a teenager I began to stop caring about what others thought and just express myself for who I am. As long as you are kind to others, you'd be surprised how much people are willing to accept you, even when you are very odd or different. I actually became quite respected by many people at my school for not fitting into a specific mold and being myself. My teachers admired me for that too. Don't feel discouraged to be yourself and like the things you like. There is little in life that feels better than that, and there are plenty of people who will love you just the way you are.

I hope that this is real and not just a fake. But anyways, I really am excited for this! Finally I can go to the store and see tamagotchis! I wonder if it will be in color.

I hope that this is real and not just a fake. But anyways, I really am excited for this! Finally I can go to the store and see tamagotchis! I wonder if it will be in color.
Sadly, as many have said here... It's real, but it's not a tamagotchi toy. Rather a clothing line under the tamagotchi brand. (A really crummy one, I might add.)

Seriously has bandai stopped trying I mean come on people tamagotchi is known for being a fun little virtual pet not a tacky girly you can get it anywhere clothing line with a lame old iphone app.Bandai should try to make new tamagotchis not do what every other company is trying to do.They should just take the design of a tama-go put it in color make cheaper more interesting figures and put in more games and stores.BANDAI HAS STOPPED TRYING.WE THE TAMAGOTCHI FANS OF THE WORLD SHOULD DO SOMETHING OR AT LEAST TRY TO DO SOMETING.EVEN IF WE FAIL AT LEAST WE TRIED.BUT IF WE TRY HARD ENOUGH WE WILL NOT FAIL!SAVE THE TAMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, as many have said here... It's real, but it's not a tamagotchi toy. Rather a clothing line under the tamagotchi brand. (A really crummy one, I might add.)
Yeah, i figured that out last night... It's really depressing, but it looks like Bandai US is going to stop making Tamagotchis. Welp, time to move to Japan!

We have to remember that if Tamagotchi America is done then its not like our american Tamagotchis are going to dissapear just because its gone. We can still get them from Ebay, no problem! Remember - Tamagotchi Japan is not over, so we just have to count on them ;)

This is probebly put of txt btw.OK I'm out so done I've had it up to here with bandai there seriously messing with people so tama Id here I come I commented on the video everybody should also like the comments that are telling the truth about what we want and not what they think we want they should get there heads out of the clouds and think of the fans!!!!! I am devistated tamas were apart of my childhood and theyve ruined there name!! Srry if this was to mean.... This probably means no more playing on music city and I finally got back into tamagotchi I'm gonna go cry in a corner now....

The funny thing bout this is when this epically fails we can say we tryed to help but no. Srry 4 two in a row

I see an awful lot of people here worrying about what others would think of them for having Tamagotchis and Tamagotchi clothes. If you are still a K-12 student I can understand that other students can be mean about things that are different to them. However, I'm also seeing responses from a lot of adults who say they'd be embarrassed to wear the clothes, but would wear them at home.

I want to say something about being yourself... it feels good, it makes you happy, and it keeps you from developing a whole array of psychological problems as an adult. If you love tamagotchis, you shouldn't be embarrassed. If you like wearing sort of strange and flashy clothes that might seem tacky to others, you shouldn't be embarrassed! It is your preference, your happiness, and your life, and anyone who will tease you for that is either just jealous that they are afraid to be themselves or is just a mean person whose opinion doesn't matter anyway.

I'm a 26 year old guy and if any of these tamagotchi shirts were even remotely close to something a guy could wear, I'd wear one. I'm not ashamed to be into tamagotchis. I post pictures of them on my Facebook all the time, and my hundreds of adult acquaintances and friends don't think negatively of it.

I just feel a duty to say this. I spent a lot of my youth hiding my interests and hiding who I really was because I was very different from others, but as a teenager I began to stop caring about what others thought and just express myself for who I am. As long as you are kind to others, you'd be surprised how much people are willing to accept you, even when you are very odd or different. I actually became quite respected by many people at my school for not fitting into a specific mold and being myself. My teachers admired me for that too. Don't feel discouraged to be yourself and like the things you like. There is little in life that feels better than that, and there are plenty of people who will love you just the way you are.
I agree with you. "Don't tease people for being different, tease them for being the same." -anonymous because I don't know who said itBut I don't get it what's with weird clothes? Do they have glitters, because I hate glitters, not everyone likes glitters you know. :angry: Why Bandai? Why? Y U no make Tamagotchis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back