Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They just keep saying "very soon", so whenever. As for the app itself, I'm looking forward to it because, I always wanted a Tamagotchi on my phone, and luckily I just recently got a new smartphone.

Sorry for the double post. Either the site hiccuped or my computer did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really feel left out by not having a smart phone or tablet. Even if I did I wouldn't have much interest in a Tamagotchi App anyway.

To me, an app isn't a pet like the real world Tamagotchis are. An app is just a video game. Not something I could care about or get attached to. I'm not even sure how well an app would work. Real Tamagotchis are on all the time and if you keep them with you it's fairly easy to remember to check it often and care for them properly. And even if you don't Real Tamagotchis will remind you by beeping. But a Tamagotchi app wouldn't be onscreen when you aren't using it. It would be easier to forget about it when you're doing something else and come back to a half dead Tamagotchi swimming in it's own fecal matter. I wonder if the app will have reminders to check your Tama pop up. Something like that would make it easier to remember to care for it.

Even with a smart phone I wouldn't spend the money for an app because I have a bad history with things like that. When I'm raising a real Tamagotchi I check them obsessively and try to give them the best care I can. Because real Tamagotchis exist in the real world they seem like real pets. I care about them and want the best for them. But every virtual pet I've ever had that exists only on a computer screen ( Petz, Black and White, Creatures ) has either been neglected or abused. At best I get bored and forget about them and at worst I torture them for fun. They aren't real to me. They're just video games and the things that would make me feel like a horrible person were I to do them to a real Tamagotchi don't bother me at all to do them to a computer pet. A real Tamagotchi is a creature. An app or a computer pet is just a machine. A cheap imitation. Sterile. Soulless. Merely a collection of ones and zeros.

I'm glad the app exists for those who want it and I don't begrudge Bandai for creating it. But until real Tamas are once again available on store shelves Bandai won't see one more cent from me.

Just a bit of an update, i got my $100 gift card today! It's American Express, not Visa, interesting choice. Thanks Tama Life!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if I missed something or not, but how do we know the app will be an actual pet? By looking at their website, it's all about about fashion and REMEMBERING the old tamagotchis... I don't think the app will be much diferent from the website, unless I missed something.

If you check out the blog they're posting pictures of the app and it looks like a vintage tama only i color. Idk how it'll work but seems like an actual tamagotchi :)

If you check out the blog they're posting pictures of the app and it looks like a vintage tama only i color. Idk how it'll work but seems like an actual tamagotchi :)
Ok, just checked out the site and it looks like a tama! Hopefully it won cost too much, maybe even free!

It also seems like they added more minigames than just that simple left or right game from the original P1 Tamagotchi. I can certainly get behind that.

I do really hope it will be free, at least for couple of days... I really can't put any money on my android/google play account.

So... they're more or less rewriting the GameBoy 1997 Tamagotchi game to run on a smartphone?

Seems that way... I think it's a good thing. Making tamagotchi more available to a wider range of people. Not that I have a smart phone that could run the app, but whatever. Seems like a good idea to me.

I'm really looking forward to the app. I've been waiting for a vintage Tamagotchi app for the iPhone for almost two years! Looks like there will finally be one. :D

Guys it's planned to be released in Spring this year...... but anyways more news -

dab4851b92bb95448a8ce14da818892f.jpg

Heres something they've kept for awhile, but its pretty cute. They have an album on Facebook where it's all vintage characters and a little information on it, really cute here are some other ones:

acf82f23dcf04a22f51e4fff47bdc8ab.jpg

Maskutchi

963d8e6777b4283ab811bb3e9b725ca2.jpg

Kutchipatchi

5d8f89853dcfd2d1cc26b058d61b4c70.jpg

Kutchitamatchi

eb12a4f7a25ac525f2aca9c3e228bb7e.jpg

Marutchi

a9e5228bd45d15690d31594656ee1d55.jpg

Tarakotchi

2d7e7f74439bc1d576d7137f45404621.jpg

Mametchi

a1aa0facebbd891bbb3739eb57e1df4c.jpg

And the best for last......Tamatchi! C:

-TamaTamatchi

Just checked the recent updates, and the app does seem to be a remix of the G1 Tamagotchi with new features, included but probably not limited to...

-Color pixels

-Unlockable wallpapers and color schemes

-More games

-Collection archive to keep track of previously raised characters

-Retro mode

I'm still hoping for added characters and / or updates that add more versions or characters, but I am locking this in as a day one purchase (Or download if it turns out to be free) on my iPad. It's a good thing I got an iTunes gift card recently and still have plenty of money left over. :lol:

Hello! Good evening everyone!

Sorry, I've been extremely busy... So happy to log in before I go to bed tonight! I don't know if I'm allowed to say the exact date of the app launch but all I can say is "VERY SOON". I already saw and played the app because we filmed the commercial and it is a toy, inspired by the original vintage Tamagotchi but upgraded more options and customization. (You can see screen prints of it on the TL blog) I know there's a free version and 99cents without ads.

Hello! Good evening everyone!

Sorry, I've been extremely busy... So happy to log in before I go to bed tonight! I don't know if I'm allowed to say the exact date of the app launch but all I can say is "VERY SOON". I already saw and played the app because we filmed the commercial and it is a toy, inspired by the original vintage Tamagotchi but upgraded more options and customization. (You can see screen prints of it on the TL blog) I know there's a free version and 99cents without ads.
._. why would there be ads on a tamagotchi.

I still have mixed feelings for Tamagotchi LIFE and the app. I personal like taking care of a plastic egg then a app device tho

Orandatchi, there have to be ads on apps because programming isn't free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back