tamagotchi nano pictures

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Details on the Nano seem very scant at the moment. I'd like to get one, if only to see how it differs from the Chibi/Mini.

Just got my nano. It's very, very small and egg-shaped (so cute). I didn't get a chibi so I can't really make a comparison. But it has no icons and no status screen. You press A button and you're taken to a screen that I assume says "food" and "play". In the food screen, as per usual you have a choice of a meal and a lolly. The only game that I can play at the moment is one where you catch falling letters, matching the one that is displayed. I don't know if you'll get more games in later stages of evolution. Not entirely sure how to check it's status, but you can press the C button and your character comes up to the screen and makes a happy face (don't know whether it does that all the time or if its indicative of its mood, etc). The screen is clear and easy to see, unlike the chibi (I used my friends' once and found it hard to see). It's cute but if you haven't ordered yours yet I'd probably wait for the price to drop a little, doesn't really seem worth $30.

Update: The nano does poop, you just press A to flush it. And pressing C does show you it's mood, by little bub seems to be upset with me at the moment! Gotta go play with her now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my nano. It's very, very small and egg-shaped (so cute). I didn't get a chibi so I can't really make a comparison. But it has no icons and no status screen. You press A button and you're taken to a screen that I assume says "food" and "play". In the food screen, as per usual you have a choice of a meal and a lolly. The only game that I can play at the moment is one where you catch falling letters, matching the one that is displayed. I don't know if you'll get more games in later stages of evolution. Not entirely sure how to check it's status, but you can press the C button and your character comes up to the screen and makes a happy face (don't know whether it does that all the time or if its indicative of its mood, etc). The screen is clear and easy to see, unlike the chibi (I used my friends' once and found it hard to see). It's cute but if you haven't ordered yours yet I'd probably wait for the price to drop a little, doesn't really seem worth $30.

Update: The nano does poop, you just press A to flush it. And pressing C does show you it's mood, by little bub seems to be upset with me at the moment! Gotta go play with her now!
thanks! i want a simple tama like a chibi. i think i will get one as soon as the price drops

Last edited by a moderator:
I want the Meloditchi plush!

Anyways, the Tamagotchi nanos on HLJ (Hobby Link Japan) have sold out, but Jason on ebay is selling a green one for cheap!

Very helpful, thanks ! ^_^

You know, I was wondering what all this hype about a Tamagotchi Nano was ! Looks like this will be a good chance for me to get back into the Tama spirit again. :)

It's all sounding very similar to the Tamagotchi Chibi/Mii at the moment. I reckon I'll hang on and wait for the price hysteria to die down a bit before I get one; I'm busy saving for a spare Santaclautchi.

I received mine today (wooh!) and am holding off until my current tama dies or flies away. However I did take some size comparison pictures, which hopefully will be helpful for someone.

It is smaller than the p2, I was surprised to discover. It is Quite miniscule.

017.jpg

Then a V4:

018.jpg

And finally the tama-go:

016.jpg

I'm glad I got it, it looks very cute. I can't wait to try the gameplay!

I have started my nano yesterday around 5 PM. Now it's noon and it hasn't evolve !

I wonder if it will grow up ?!

Oh. My nano has evolved a minute ago, 24 hours after having started it. It's a mametchi !

Thanks for the comparison photos PretzelNymph!

It's certainly much bigger than the Mini/Chibi looking at those photographs. The Mini truly is titchy.

I received mine today (wooh!) and am holding off until my current tama dies or flies away. However I did take some size comparison pictures, which hopefully will be helpful for someone.It is smaller than the p2, I was surprised to discover. It is Quite miniscule.
you should log it!

Hey, my nano has been an adult for 8 days now... I'm wondering, will a mtchmaker come ? or will my nano die :( :( :( ?

In addition the the photos provided by PretzelNymph, here are a series of photos I took, showing a side-by-side comparision of the Tamagotchi nano and Chibi Tamagotchi (Japanese version of a Tamagotchi mini.)

They're about the same height & width, but the nano is much thicker. The nano has a higher resolution display.

NANO1.jpg

NANO2.jpg

NANO3.jpg

NANO4.jpg

NANO5.jpg

In the above photo, the screens appear to be the same size, but actually, the nano's screen is a bit bigger than the chibi's. Their relative screen sizes can be judged in the top-most photo.

I think some of the reason for the nano's increased thickness is that it takes 2 LR44 batteries, which are thicker than the CR2032 used in the Chibi.

Also, as hinted at in the 3rd and 4th photos, the rounder design sets the screen lens in a bit, so hopefully it'll be less likely to get scratched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back