Tamagotchi - Pets?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
definetly pets,because i cant have a pet and i take care of it like a pet. cool topic!!

But then, they are still kind of like pets in a way.

Even though the tamagotchi V4 omes with very human like features, you still feed it, play with it, take it to meet friends etc. I guess you couls still call them pets.

You can get Tamagotchies that looks like humans, and I would not like it if Tamagotchies become more human like.

I have the version 3, I changed my mind about the version 4, I do not like the idea of my tama to go to school or have a job, I want my tama to be a pet, play, have fun, and to be taken cared of as it was meant to be, not getting serious with shcool and job! it kind of destroy the Tamagotchi consept for me.

I think their becoming to "human esce" ....

and to the above comenter all adavnced life forms hatch through eggs even humans (internally)

I am a big fan of v.3 because jobs and school is too advanced for these creatures . I have a dog and I dont send it to school. It doesnt goto work as a fashion desinger... i think that bandai went a little overboard with this.

There not so much pets anymore.

Yeah, I noticed Tamas were getting slightly human-ish. =/

While binary and Ristar are right, and it's more of a matter of evolution, it's going a bit overboard. Going to school, work, having kids, and everything of the sort. I'd say it is a bit going too far, but they could be trying to teach children about all this stuff. Either way, the v2 will probably always be my favourite tama. Not too complicated, not too simple, just right. :unsure:

I miss the simplicity of the originals but the new ones have elements I really like too.

I would like to see Tamagotchi go back in to more of a pet theme. Give it food, water, let it out, call for it, pet it. Maybe prepare it for competitions like the PKM contests.

Some of the characters can be a bit too human like. That is why I never got the Haneruchis. Why do I want to take care of a human? That's not cute!

Oh I do like the weird characters on the Uratama though. That is super neat. Right now, one of my characters is a boxing glove! :rolleyes: He's adorable. So I guess I would rather take care of a boxing glove character, a diamond or even a table or chair looking character over a human.

Whoa, did I ever go off on a weird direction.

I am not crazy about the going to school and getting a job thing either. While it teaches a basic valuable life lesson to excel in school to get a good job, I don't really like that what should be a little pet is doing that.

Then after a while, I am not so nuts about the babies and generations. I like to have a pet going and know there will be an end in 20 days or how ever long you decide to take care of it. These new tamas force you to kill somethig or tab it up. That is not the best feeling.

That is what I like so much about the old Nanos. They don't evolve much but will after 30 days or more if you chose to keep it going.

Last edited by a moderator:
The version 2 would be best then?

I read that someone had that as their favorite.

I have only owned a v. 3 and two "Bird Watch" Tamagotchi-like before.

They were at least simple, but I miss the pause function on them.

I agree with Hallie! It does seem like they are humans or something like that. I mean who ever heard of a dog or a cat being a dentist or a florist?! But yes some pets do have jobs like guide dogs and animals that help people learn to read and aminals(usually dogs) who work in police work or at a fire station. but I still think they are human in a way, they have feelings and emotions that are quite similar to ours and they get sick and need food like us too. To sum everything up they are like the human life cycle sped up about x20.

Well. I'd say pets. They don't look anything like humans except for maybe a couple of characters (like Makiko looks like a girl). As for school and preschool and everything that is like a human life cycle. But don't think are pets, as in cats or dogs who can't be seen to become bakers or anything in the real world, just think of Tamagotchi as very unique pets that can do their job and go to school in their unique virtual world.

Also humans are eventually able to feed themselves, get toilet trained, open mail themselves etc. But Tamagotchi have to be fed, cleaned up after (even at adulthood) and you have to open mail for them. I suppose that if they didn't have to be then what is the point of Tamagotchi being a virtual pet?

Well, the world grows. More kids today are adult-like. Children are growing up, it's a world-wide fact. Since so many children are more adult-like, they don't want virtual pets. In sheer efforts to keep tamagotchi's alive, Bandai probably decided it would be best for children to play as characters so they have a bit more experience about the real world (i.e. in the V4, you must get a job and earn money). I'm not sure if this is for educational purposes or whatever, but it's probably why the tamagotchi has changed so much.

Though, I do like the simpler tamagotchi V1 and V2.

I think they're pets, very intelligent little ones. You're your Tamas's personal trainer, the intelligent Tamagotchi just asks for your help to choose the most healthy food, a good job and others. They might be intelligent, but they aren't sure what to do. You, as a human, know how to survive, make others happy. As with a real pet, you're responsible for their health and happiness.

Well. I'd say pets. They don't look anything like humans except for maybe a couple of characters (like Makiko looks like a girl). As for school and preschool and everything that is like a human life cycle. But don't think are pets, as in cats or dogs who can't be seen to become bakers or anything in the real world, just think of Tamagotchi as very unique pets that can do their job and go to school in their unique virtual world.
Also humans are eventually able to feed themselves, get toilet trained, open mail themselves etc. But Tamagotchi have to be fed, cleaned up after (even at adulthood) and you have to open mail for them. I suppose that if they didn't have to be then what is the point of Tamagotchi being a virtual pet?
I agree with you.

But some pets do go to some kind of 'School' like if a dog was training to become a Guide dog, or a hearing dog for the deaf. I consider my tamagotchi just something to mess around with when I'm bored, and it keeps me occupied :nyatchi: .

It seems like evolution to me. They came to Earth about 10 years ago, and humans took care of them. Generation after generation, they began to adopt human technology, characteristics, and practices, such as attending school, brushing their teeth, gambling, playing instruments, playing with toys, reproduction rituals, etc. It's fun to spend a week or two with a P1, then take a look at the V4s and see how much the Tamagotchi species has come as a whole in 10 short years, no? But no matter what, they're always dependent on the human race for care and guidance.
This is an interesting topic!

The background story to Tamagotchis has never changed, although they seem to emphasize it less with the newer versions: They are aliens who discover Earth, and in an effort to learn about us, send a ship to Earth which crash lands. A Professor and his assistant find the crashed aliens, and put them in little protective eggs so they can better survive our atmosphere, and thus Tamagotchis are born.

The Tamagotchi aliens the themselves seem to have changed over time as they learned more about human culture, and now they and their home planet is starting to look more like Earth. Maybe a bizarre form of Westernization? :D To me, they always seemed more like an advanced, intelligent species than a pet. After all, they did figure out how to get from their planet to ours somehow, right? :D

At first, I didn't like the new generation Tamagotchis, especially the ones that go to school, etc. But it makes more sense, after some thought. Now, it's more like they live here on Earth, but migrate to school/work until they eventually decide to move back to their home planet, instead of being stuck here as bored adults just waiting to get fed every day.

But what's weird to me, is how does this advanced alien race that creates efficient space travel not understand the concept of potty training? I know Tamagotchi isn't meant to be taken super seriously, but it's fun to think about anyway. :lol:

Cool topic, I would think of them just as pets. They are not very self sufficient and they go to school to learn and have a job after they are done with school to earn money in our human world. I love the new v4 its my first one. I got it at good will for $2.50 at goodwill. I think bandai is using the v4 for an introduction for this generation of spoild rotten bratty kids who dont know the value of family and money (not saying all of them but you know the kind).

**Will add more later**

I think pets but BanDai shouldn't keep making them more "human" like! I have the Ver 4 and seen that they have just changed nothing but more things to collect,buy and educate our little loverable tamas. Much have changed since version 1 the original but I still think our latest "human" like tamas are still our original tams.

Cool topic, I would think of them just as pets. They are not very self sufficient and they go to school to learn and have a job after they are done with school to earn money in our human world. I love the new v4 its my first one. I got it at good will for $2.50 at goodwill. I think bandai is using the v4 for an introduction for this generation of spoild rotten bratty kids who dont know the value of family and money (not saying all of them but you know the kind).
**Will add more later**
omg.... they sell Tamagotchis at goodwill? OMG! I gotta go to goodwill and maybe find another V4, V3, V2, P1, P2, Tamagotchi Angel, and maybe even a Mutsu!

-C.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back