Tamagotchi plus and cellphones?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it maybe be some sort of zany, long-distance Tama Plus that connects with others? I'm at a complete loss here, I have no idea what's going on there.

OOOOHHHH

Maybe it detects if there are other tamagotchis in the area! and then it alerts you and you can send text messages to other tamagotchis! THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!

Speculation about these based on pictoral evidence: I think you can connect to some sort of zany tamagotchi "server" where you can play different games with the tama, and download/trade/give items, or something.

But really, I have no idea what they do. I've posted the link to https://www.livejournal.com/community_tamagotchi , I know there are users (is a user?) who can read Japanese, so we'll see if anybody there can translate.

Either way, there's great images on that site to make icons out of ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, thank you! The pictures are indeed great (^__^). Please tell me if they can translate it, otherwise i'll pass it to a friend of mine, he studies Japanese.

I'd say pass it to your friend who knows Japanese as well. I haven't gotten any useful replies at _tamagotchi yet, and in retrospect, the community member who studies Japanese there might not have net at the moment.

well... the japanese underneath each picture says the colors. 6 colors (

white [shiro]

pink [binku]

red [aka]

grey [guree]

yellow [ieru]

and "water color" [mizu iro] (i guess they mean 'blue' by "water color").

it says the thing is a "ketai" and/or "kaitsu"... i can't quite figure out what ketai or kaitsu is, but that's what it says.

on the description page (https://tamagotch.channel.or.jp/kaitsu/index.html) on one of the paragraphs it says something about "share with everyone" and in a different paragraph, something about "items".

maybe they like... share items (presents) with other people. i dunno.

erg. sry i couldnt be much of a help. looks interesting though. gotta find out what "ketai" is... aahhh it's driving me insane.

OOOOHHHH
Maybe it detects if there are other tamagotchis in the area! and then it alerts you and you can send text messages to other tamagotchis! THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!
[SIZE=8pt]Ah! That would be awesome. I think it would be really cool if it was like a messenger service through Tamagotchis, and other thingies.. Hehe. 8D[/SIZE]

well... the japanese underneath each picture says the colors. 6 colors (white [shiro]

pink [binku]

red [aka]

grey [guree]

yellow [ieru]

and "water color" [mizu iro] (i guess they mean 'blue' by "water color").

it says the thing is a "ketai" and/or "kaitsu"... i can't quite figure out what ketai or kaitsu is, but that's what it says.

on the description page (https://tamagotch.channel.or.jp/kaitsu/index.html) on one of the paragraphs it says something about "share with everyone" and in a different paragraph, something about "items".

maybe they like... share items (presents) with other people. i dunno.

erg. sry i couldnt be much of a help. looks interesting though. gotta find out what "ketai" is... aahhh it's driving me insane.
LOL DorkinDonuts... it says "kai tsuu omedetou!" ... omedetou=congratulations, kai= party or association, tsuu=...? it's in katakana, so it should be an english world or something... but I can't figure out what. And where do you see ketai? Could it possibly be keitai? That means like... phone service... Ohhh I see where you see that. It is keitai, not ketai. Ok, something about phone service and parties... *shrug*

I'd say pass it to your friend who knows Japanese as well. I haven't gotten any useful replies at _tamagotchi yet, and in retrospect, the community member who studies Japanese there might not have net at the moment.
I passed the question, but it might take a couple of days before my e-mail gets answered, so hang in there ;-)

LOL DorkinDonuts... it says "kai tsuu omedetou!" ... omedetou=congratulations, kai= party or association, tsuu=...? it's in katakana, so it should be an english world or something... but I can't figure out what. And where do you see ketai? Could it possibly be keitai? That means like... phone service... Ohhh I see where you see that. It is keitai, not ketai. Ok, something about phone service and parties... *shrug*
where does it say omedetou? ketai. keitai. potayto potahto. my roomaji sucks.

i'm still confused.

i passed japaneseIII with a C. cut me some slack. :-/

where does it say omedetou? ketai. keitai. potayto potahto. my roomaji sucks.i'm still confused.

i passed japaneseIII with a C. cut me some slack. :-/
On the top right of the first page where it has the hearts. The first one says "kai tsuu omedetou!" (it's a link). And I've only taken two months of Japanese 101, so... :/ You should be teaching me, sensei. ;P

i looked at those tamagotchis and i think it'd be a great idea to connect them with cells. i was kinda suspicious because they don't say tamagotchi on them and on the screen it doesn't show mimitchi (like everyother connection). also if they knew about this technology why did they market the tamagotchis who only connect when they're 2 inches away? but like i said these are sooo cool if they are real! if they're gunna sell them, i bet they'll come out around christmas time (when all the other toys do). :D

hey i was looking at the site again and that's not a cell phone the tama is connecting to it's a computer! so i guess the tama comes with software that connects to the internet? i don't kno it's just a guess...

I'm getting one if I can find one in english.... ^_^ And if it connects to Nokia cellphones.

OMG READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the new tamagotchi comming out in nov in japan.... thye go to school..... they can get jobs..... and it just very more relistic!

theres no messenger.... n they still connect the same... i think :S

read more here

hope i helped ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back