Tamagotchi V2 Connection Issues.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyKuchipatchi98

Reaction score
I got my Version 2 yesterday in the mail. Then today, I put some batteries in it. I was so excited! Then, I tried to connect my V2 to my other tamas... and it didn't work. It keeps saying 'Fail' whenever I try to connect them. I'm sure it's this one, as all my other tamas are working fine when they connect. Is my Tama broken or am I doing it wrong? (I select Ver. 1 in the connection menu.)

could it be that the battery on the other tama wasn't fresh?

You should try. I've tried to connect in my sunroom before and it hasn't worked. Then again, my sunroom has nine windows. XD

It is possible something is stuck in front of the IR. open it up and check things -_-

Did you press the RESET button right after you pulled the tab out of your V2? If not, then it will help for you to completely reset your Tama.

dude use the edit button dont make seprate posts about different problems in the same thread, anyway it could be a really realistic fake

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing tamas since the old 90's ones, and I haven't had this problem before.

I might open it up and inspect it, since it was only £2 from eBay.

I've already done that a few times but it still isn't working. I've also taken the battery out and put it back in again.

Mine didn't come with a tab since it was used, and I reset it but it didn't make a difference.

It can't be a fake, it has the legit bandai logo on the thing itself AND the instructions it came with. It also has all the features a normal V2 would have. It's the purple one with white triangles. Like, the white symbols on the side of the screen. Looks like Japanese letters or something.

And sorry, I didn't know about that... I only joined this website recently. From now on I'll do that, thanks.

When I have another Tama trying to connect with it, I press B on the other tama. On my V2 it doesen't pick up the IR and it still says standby. I suspect the connection has broke, either that or I'm doing it wrong. On the V1 I connect like all V1's do and on my V2 I select Ver. 1. However, I can still press the B button to 'connect' only it would fail to do that.

Extra note - It came with a battery in it but it wasn't working. I put some fresh batteries in there. Do you think it might just be the battery that's dodgy? I'll keep you updated on my V2 whenever anything fishy happens. She's awake right now, she's a Hitodetchi. I'll try connecting again now.

Another extra note - Tried connecting, didn't work no matter what. I guess I'm gonna HAVE to take it apart... it's a UFOtchi now. Aww shucks. Oh well, I'll live. I don't wanna risk taking it apart in case I break it, I'm only 11 so I have problems with taking things apart lol. Oh well. I don't have any other working V2's anyway. It's a shame though...

Anybody got an answer? I tried it again today and it didn't work. I think I should take it apart, but I'm worried if I break it. Oh well, I'll live, it was a good deal for 2 quid.

this happened on my v2 as well. (but i had mine for a long time and started doing that two years ago)

Anyway all i did was press down and the plastic near the IR. and it worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back