The old days?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm in a gifted class (for those of you who don't know, gifted means smart, not messed in the head), so my teacher couldn't care less if we HAVE them, the sound just needs to be off, and we can't use them during lessons. and do i remember when the first tama connections came out...i was in grade...two? well, to be honest, i didn't care for tamas...(big mistake)...cuz everyone had one (even my sister). people wanted them so badly (you wouldn't believe all the "SOMEBODY STOLE MY TAMAGOTCHI FROM MY LOCKER!!!" i heard, cuz they had no locks), i also used to steal my sisters and bring it to class, and me and muh friend ricky would connect without my teacher knowing...those were the days...buuuut now i'm in grade eight...so i do when my teacher IS looking! jks, but yaaaa...weeeell...my first tama was a V.2 in grade five...but this kid that everyone liked named james stole it (i lost it, he came to school the next day wit teh exact same one wit teh exact same charrie (teh life saver candy shell, by the way)) and since everyone liked him, they wouldn't belive me when i said that he took it! :lol: ...well, my second was a V.3, but i literally had it for an hour, cuz it glitched and reset itself, so we went back to wal-mart and got my third tama, a V.4...i played with it...but dropped it on the HSR (i live in canada eh...)...but luckely i still had my V.4.5 which i got in a special pack, so it was limited edition. my fifth was another V.4, is was my sister's, but she didn't want it anymore, so she gave it to me, but the V.4 and 4.5 got accidentally sold in a garage sale... :( ...my sixth was a V.5, my friend morgan got it for me for my thirteenth birthday (whenever she buys me one, she buys herself like, three... :lol: ), and my seventh and final tama (pretty big gap between the V.5 and this one) in a music star, which morgan got for me, again for my birthday, and again got herself like three. i say big gap, because she gave me the V.5 for my thirteenth birthday, and the M.S. for my fourteenth birthday (which, by the way was yesterday, soooo...happy birthday to me! :lol: )...wow, i'm probably totally off topic, on a complete wild tangent...i'll end with this...i love tamas, even though at first, i didn't care for them, i have come to love them dearly.

btw these are the designs on the shells for anybody who cares...

V.2-Life saver candy shell

V.3-Snake skin shell

V.4-Binary code shell and (the one my sis gave me) Green background with white flowers

V.4.5-Atlas shell (limited edition)

V.5-Blue abstract shell (i think thats wut its called)

Music Star-Funky groove shell (maybe)

UPDATE: i got a new V.5.5: Blue background with curvy silver lines

i probably didn't name them right, buuut, i luv tamas!

:lol: :lol: :lol: kutchi999 ^_^ :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was the first to get a V2 aswell.
Hehe, I know that feeling I was the first to get a V3! I remember everyone in my school wanted to borrow it and take care of it for a week. :D

:.Chloe.:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do! I was in 3rd grade I think, everyone had one! We were allowed them at school and we connected with everyone! You would have a full friend list in the matter of 2 hours.It was physcotic, but fun ;)

Then the principals of every elementry school had to go and ban them.. that's basically when kids stopped playing with them :D
I do! I was in 3rd grade I think, everyone had one! We were allowed them at school and we connected with everyone! You would have a full friend list in the matter of 2 hours.It was physcotic, but fun ;)

Then the principals of every elementry school had to go and ban them.. that's basically when kids stopped playing with them :(
I was in 3rd grade, too, and absolutely EVERYONE had one. They were allowed at school and I think even a few teachers had them; I can't remember who, though. :( I remember at recess I would run around with my Tamagotchi and connect with random people. It was fun; but I remember how upset I was when I reset my Tamagotchi V1 on the 9th Generation to sync it with someone else, then realized what I had done. :( Still.... I LOVED my Tamagotchi, but I only got about 2 or 3 Hanatchis total over the years.

Eventually my V1 broke, and my sister's did, too, but I still have my V2. My V3's are broken and I think my P1 is kind of messed up, too, but I still get new Tamagotchis now and then. :(

Then, over the years (now I'm in Grade 7), EVERY. SINGLE. SCHOOL. had to go out of their way and ban the funnest toy EVER simply because "oh, it distracts learning and it has mating in it and stuffz." :p

Now almost NOBODY plays them, and I brought my Tamas to school a few times over the last few months before I changed to a different school and all the other kids would tell on me and try to take away my Tama and throw it out the window or something or break it. :( So, basically, what Blupher said is true: most kids have basically stopped having/playing them and I have to add something else: they're scorned all over. :(

How could some stupid adult teacher peoples ruin the potential of such an amazing and advanced toy, AND make kids be all like, "oh, F the Tamagotchis, only B's play them, or morons, or idiots, or sappy little peoples"? How could this happen? It's HORRIBLE!!! What happened to the toy we all loved so much?! I'm getting worried Wal-Mart will stop selling them; they're bringing in smaller shipments I think of the V6 (Music Star) now but STILL it seems like no-one is buying them!!!! :(

But, then again, the school I used to go to was full of iDiOtIc MoRoNs anyway, so I don't know if it matters, or not.... :)

Just as an afterthought, though, this is happening in MANY more places: don't bring your expensive Japanese Tamagotchi Plus Colors to school, if you leave it un-protected or the teacher takes it away, because of all the people who hate and try to break and kill and basically RUIN the status of Tamagotchis nowadays, you may never see it again! :eek: If I get a Tamagotchi Plus Color, I won't be so stupid as to bring my beautiful, colourful friend to school.

But, still.... just REMEMBERING a few years ago, when I could play with my Tamagotchis and take care of them and breed them all I wanted.... and I wasn't so busy.... those were the days. :)

Aah, I remember when I got my first Tamagotchi, my Orange Burst V1. :3

I loved it. & now, looking back, I can't believe the simplicity of it.

I mean, compared to the Tamagotchis now, like the V5 & the V6 with the fancy themes of a family & a band & what not.

I think that if I picked up my V1 now, I'd find it kinda boring.

I mean, no special features, no shop, just caring for the Tamagotchi.

Ah, yes! I was nine years old, in Ireland visiting my family, browsing through some shops when I saw ''NEW! TAMAGOTCHI CONNECTION!!" It was dark blue with white paw prints and polka dots. My mum said I could have anything under 20 pounds in the store. I made a beeline for that tamagotchi...

I was at a loss how to look after him and cried when he died because of my instructions getting too drenched to read.

I brought him back to Australia and a few weeks later Tamas were out and all the rage!

I took that tamagotchi to Fiji and got sand in his buttons, making them hard to press but that was okay.

Now he lives in my drawer...and I wish I could still press the B button.

I really love V1.

V2 was an all new thing soon, and I bought one of those too. Zebra striped. He still works But I have no batteries.

V3 is the version I'm using now, its my favourite besided v1, (original will always have a special place in my heart)

V4 was getting a little complex for the eggy friend i started off with but its okay.

Then when they introduced ''familitchi'' i decided i wouldnt buy another tama in the stores till they brought back one tama on the screen, a bit closer to my dear v1.

Boy, do I feel old!

When I read this 'Good Old Days' I assumed when tamagotchis FIRST came out. IE - the '90's. And yeah, I remember that...hahaha. :)

i got my first one a long time ago

(maybe not that long ago for some of you)

it was a pink v3 with hearts (that had wings on them.)

Yeah... It was fun(also it was easy to get Tarakotchi). Now, when I brought an akai, all of my other friends make fun of me(they say "OMG! U play with girl toys!?" or"Hey Tamagotchi FREAAAAKKKK! HAHAHAHA!!!!") so to get it over with, sadly I had to break a 4.5... :) I even had gen.15 it was also because when I brought it they were like "BREAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and it started with them throwing it and hitting it with a rock...

Tarakotchi Fan

Bye......

Boy, do I feel old!
When I read this 'Good Old Days' I assumed when tamagotchis FIRST came out. IE - the '90's. And yeah, I remember that...hahaha. :wacko:
lol, same here! I was 16 when they FIRST came out in the states (1997 I believe) and I instantly fell in love with them and have been a collector of them since! (even have 2 boxed Gen2 tama's and a digimon) Only US releases I missed was Ocean and Forest cause I took a 'break' from them. :wacko: What a time to take a 'break' huh. :wacko:

I remember when the V2 came out. Every girl had one, and a few boys did too. I then got one and became the master of my town. Everyone always asked me for help and stuff, and When I graduated 3rd grade, my mom got me a devilgtotchi and I went up to my former crush and yelled "A DEVILGOTCHI! IN YOUR FACE!!!" The V3 came and some people abandoned, but my former friend started (He is a jerk now) and I went to his house for dinner once, andwe spent the entire time debugging our V3s, We were getting V4s in a week. the V4 came and go, and I was the only one besides this really unpopular kid who liked them, so I play them in secret. I might bring them to class soon, but only if I had someone to back me up with them being cool.

On a side note, NyanNyan, they never released the Forest here in the USA, it was squealed but they scratched the idea.

On a side note, NyanNyan, they never released the Forest here in the USA, it was squealed but they scratched the idea.
Ahh, well, at least I only missed one tama but what a tama to miss. :D

I remember when they came out in 1997. My first virtual pet was a Komputer Koala Giga Pet. Then, I got a blue P2 Tamagotchi. Even though I am 18, I still have all of them. They rock! :furawatchi:

I rember thouse days. But not quite as you said them.

If think i was an year 3 then at Mornington school. But the thing is... no one at that school had a version one execpt me. -_- Later when version2 came out only about 3 people had them. Thouse games on version twos were was better then the versions now. The later when the version 3s came out bascilly everyone in my school had one (Execpt me) In about 1 hour sharp we had out tamagotchi meomory books full.

But then about 3 monuths later was the no-tamagotchi year. Becase the school had banned them. And thats when basiclly everyone stoped buying tamagotchis.

But that probley happend in most schools around the whole world because it proves it in polls and that very year after they banned them we moved to another school were tamagotchis were allready banned. When i got my version 4 I got a few freinds (My sisters and cousions) But once i got my version 5 I didnt get ANYONE on my freind list! When the v6 got released in New zealand and I got it I havent gotten any freinds on it too.

Why do schools ban it anyway? :angry:

I remember. I was in grade 3 and my friend told me about this new thing called a 'Tamagotchi V1". I wanted one so badly so 2 of my friends each got me one for my birthday. Only problem was that they were both purple so I could never remember which Tamagotchi was which. :huh: Soon enough, everyone in school had one and everyone connected. Then there was the V2, V3, V4, V4.5 and then I stopped there. I now have 10 Tamagotchi's in which I no longer play with but I have kept them all together along with there instructions in a ziploc bag. Yep, all 10 of them. :mellow:

Boy, do I feel old!
When I read this 'Good Old Days' I assumed when tamagotchis FIRST came out. IE - the '90's. And yeah, I remember that...hahaha. :wub:
-_- me too -_-

it was so great ;) when i got my first tamagotchi. it all started in first grade...... i was a girl with a pink v3 tamagotchi with icecream cones on it. i thought it might have just been the most beautiful thing i have ever seen. that year at x-mas i got my very own v3 tamagotchi, well actully 2 of them. there was a clear green won , and a silver won. i was playing it like nuts, i treated it better than myslef , and i truely loved it. but then one very cold winter I was outside with my silver v3 tama , and it was so cold that the screen died, and i tried putting batteries in it but it didnt work :( .

p.s. my green clear won got barried on the beach by some two-year old.

I am now in 4th grade and still loving tamas, but not as much as i used to!!!!!! :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back