The Red Zone

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"At the Rapid River Coaster-" Cade gestured up at the tallest, loopy water roller coaster ride, "It happens like twenty times a freaking day. A group of middle school boys come up, and they wail and scream like freaking six year olds because they think that I want to lose my job for their stupid sake."

Emily laughed softly, "Yeah I know. So tell me more about yourself, what do you do when you aren't kicking people off of water slides?" she asked leaningf herself against the brick wall of the locker/change room building.

Cade joined Emily by the wall, feeling relieved by the shade the roof of the locker building cast on them. "I do soccer and cross country running. Sometimes, basketball. I go to the high school near here, I'm a sophomore. I get mostly.. A's. Although maybe a B too." He laughed.

"Wow...." Emily said in slight awe "Busy." She too was enjoying the comfort of the shade and the cool relief it brought. " You must never have any free time," Emily noted lightly.

"No, I do. Not too much, but free time exists for me. Now that I told you about myself.. Tell me about you." Cade reached into his pocket, and munched some skittles.

Emily looked up at him, "There isn't really much to tell... I'm sixteen, I get pretty good grades - 92 average. I just got my lifegaurding liscense thing, I don't really play sports- not nearly coordinated enough," She chuckled "That's about it..." She shrugged finding that her eyes had drifted. She was now looking back out to the splashing water of the wave pool again. She wasn't sure if it was because it was the section that needed most attention or if it was because she really wanted to be able to be in.

"Cool." He smiled at her, and then looked up at the sky. "Ugh.. It's so hot! I looked on the thermometer earlier, and it was 100 degrees!" Cade unhappily wiped sweat off his forehead, and then suddenly jumped into the wave pool.

"Yup, hottest day all year." She laughed as he ran into the water. She stood on the side watching, the waves rushing up the incline and brushing against her feet and her sandals. She walked around to the sidde and climbed through a set of ropes and up a short ladder. She leaned against the cool metal bar of the tiny fence that lined the raised wall of the pool overlooking the water.

Cade dove under for about ten seconds before resurfacing and climbing back out. "Ahh.. Much better, you should dive in there too." He shook the water out of his eyes, and then blinked a couple of times.

"Can't." Emily told him twirling her whistle around in her hand. "On the clock." She leaned herself over the waist-level rail at him. The rail was designed to keep the lifegaurd's post safe but yet still keeping it able to be hopped for a quick resvue. But on Emily it was up to her lower chest, keeping her extremely safe and securely on the raised platform.

"Okay. I'll see you later then." Cade winked at her before walking back to the Rapid River Coaster. "Great.." He muttered in unhappiness as a group of girls that looked to be at least 11 came up him, giggling. "Hey boyfriend, wassup?" One of the girls batted her eyebrows at him. Cade stepped back. "Either go on the ride, or I'll kick you out." One of the girls made a fake shocked look before saying, "Oooh, Mr. Cranky today."

Cade finally just walked back and then gestured toward the ride. Luckily, the girls obeyed him and climbed in and Cade started the ride. Relieved, Cade sat down on a stool.

Emily leaned over the side her eyes flicked around the surface of the water. After a couple of minutes ahe wandered aroud some more trying to find someone who needed something from her, or something for her to do. She wandered around for a while. She picked up a few inner tubes and restacked them by the lazy rivers entrance. She found herself watching the clock again, waiting for her shift to be over.

(Hey Mystic, are you going to RP in your Heart's Desire RP?)

Cade put up with another thousand (or what felt like a thousand) customers before he finally saw that it was break time. He stood up, stretched, and headed to the employee cafe to grab a snack.

( I actually have no idea what is going on but I might, why?)

After making several loops of the park and stopping at a couple of rides and attractions and such Emily was finally allowed to go for lunch. She was starving, but thankful that employees had a special section if food and stuff seeing as most of the in park food was overpriced. She headed off to the employee cafe area.

"Oh hey," Emily said smiling at Cade. She quickly bought herself a salad and handed the lady a bill and a small pile of change, leaving a decent tip and headed over to one of the big chairs after grabbing a fork and a bottle of iced tea.

"What's up? I had to put up with a group of giggling, flirty 11 year old girls." He rolled his eyes. "I never thought I'd see the day 11 year olds would be in love with me." He took a bite of his sandwich.

"Nothing, kind of tired ..." Emily responded opening the plastic container that held her lunch. "Hmm, that sounds fun. " she giggled softly " Lucky you, not everyday that you'll get a group of girls hitting on you."

Emily laughed gently, the corners of her lips turningup into a slight smile. "Hey it's still something right," she said pouringsome of the dressing onto her salad before continuing. " I think it would be kinda cute, and sort of sweet." she told him taking a bite. " I mean, I think that everyone sort of needs that little confidence boost sometimes ya know, "

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back