The United States of Zombieland

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide ran out of the restraunt she had been eating at with her family. everything was a blur, zombies,parents,dead,what,now I go home easy. Not so easy, I'll find police easy right?

So Adelaide ran down the street blindly running to where she thought a police station might be. No such luck, one deserted st after another. Adelaide stopped and panted for breath. She noticed something fluttering in the wind, a map. Great now to find a police station. Looking at the map Adelaide realised she had been running in the wrong direction. She started back up the street

Last edited by a moderator:
Lionn held his breath and moved closer ever so slightly, doing whatever it took not to make the slightest noise. Raising his frying pan, he slithered his body to the door and took a moment to stop. In those few seconds, he calmly counted to three in his mind before saying, “Where are you, you son of a—“ Rage flashed before his eyes when stepping in the doorway, close to striking whatever it was in the head. Bringing it down slightly with speed, he stopped just in time before smashing the kitchen utensil on a man. He was tall with a decent build, sporting short messy brown hair and a plaid shirt. It was another survivor. “What in the…” he commented.

Only a second behind the other man, Springdale snaked himself along the cold wall near the entrance, the grip on the bat so tight that his knuckles began to bear white. It was kill or be killed, and in any moment Springdale was going to strike. Biting his lip, he dropped the shotgun he found and raised his bat above his head, leaping forward.

“You’re goin’ down you mangy-“

Screeching loudly, the bat fell to the ground and he swiftly ducked, protecting himself from the frying pan that was about to splatter his (not so bright) brains across the dirtied floor.

“Ahm sorry sir, don’ hurt me!” he shouted, eyes squeezed shut, “I beg you, spare me! Ahm jus’ like you!”

Lionn looked down at the kid practically rolled in a ball in front of him, screeching to spare his life that he was just about to take on accident. Letting out a deep breath, he dropped the frying pan and ran a hand across the back of his neck. “Get the hell off the ground kid, stop acting stupid, I’m not gonna kill you.” Looking around the room and spotting the shattered glass, he rolled his eyes. “You’re a moron, why would you break glass like that, you know those things are attracted to noise.” Turning his back, he was about to just walk away, no sense in meeting a complete idiot and bringing him along. He had enough headaches already.

Shivering ever so slightly with fear, Springdale peeked from a space between his fingers behind the hands shielding his face. This man was tall, taller than where he stood at and wore a button-up shirt that was open at the top, revealing a muscular build behind it. A pair of lipstick lips were on the collar, giving off the impression that this man was nothing but no good. But, that didn’t stop Springdale, despite the differences at first glance; he had just found another survivor. At the moment, it was like his loneliness was cured that instant.

“Oh thank ya’ sir, you are a saint!” he exclaimed in a relieved tone, grinning like child. “Ahm so glad ya didn’t sink that skillet into mah cranium, man, I would be a goner!”

Laughing nonchalantly, he stood up and regained calm composure, picking up his bat and shotgun he had dropped earlier. “Mind telling me who ya are?”

"Two knives" He answered calmly. "And yourself, got any other weapons on you?" he said, questioning her while keeping his eyes glued to the side of the road through the window of the passengers seat. Proceeding curiously, he turned to Phoenix and looked at the side of her face and then turned his sights to the back of the car, searching underneath the seats quickly and then looking out of the back window. "Why are you headed to Arizona then? Is it safe to ask or will I get my head blown off?" he said casually while sitting back into place on the seat and refocusing his attention to the side window.

Lionn gave this kid the weirdest look when turning back around, he could already tell he was a pain. He had a short attention span and the most annoying accent in the world. Grinding his teeth, he pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance. "No, no names. Those don't matter anymore. Call me Lionn, where I'm headed in California." he said, "Look kid, I don't know you. I don't wanna know you."

I might add a girl character later on, so just to give you guys a heads up if I randomly post a form.

Springdale shoved the weapons into his left arm and held out his right, wanting to give his new 'mate' a friendly handshake. 

"No names? I understand, I mean this disease or whatev' it is sure do make things different huh? I mean you can't even go outside without havin' ta worry 'bout being ate right up!" he nodded, still holding that dirtied hand out, "Lionn? As in, Lionn California? Hey man, we should stay tagetha! It's righ' by where ahm headed, call me Springdale."

Recieving no handshake from the man he lowered that hand and shoved it into his jean pocket. Springdale rose an eyebrow and widened his hazel pools, eyeing this stranger up and down. He didn't have any manners, that's for sure, and by the looks of it it seemed like he was running from the law. Decorating his fingers were rings upon rings, one of them he noticed having an odd symbol on it. 

"You been travelin' alone?"

Phoenix nodded, motioning towards the back seat of the car. "A shotgun and a crowbar. I use the crowbar the most." She resumed the drumming of her fingers, turning the steering wheel slightly to the left, and kept silent for a good few moments after Hazelwood's question. "It's where my parents live," she said finally, slightly quieter than she'd spoken before. "I don't know if they're still alive, I just want...I just want to see."

Lionn glanced at the man's hand just once and directed his attention elsewhere, completely ignoring whatever the redneck was saying besides bits and pieces. "Woah there, what makes you think I'm taking you with me?" he said, narrowing his eyes. This kid didn't have a lack of sense in him, did he? Full-blown stereotypical redneck right here. "I wasn't, but I just slaughtered a friend of mine I was with because he turned into one of them."

A frown suddenly flashed upon Springdale's lush pink lips, cocking his head to the side slightly in confusion.

"W-Wha'?" he stammered, "Wait, whah can' I come wit' ya?"

Stepping backwards and pressing his lithe back against the wall, he breathed out and gave his head a light scratch in deep thought.

"Ahm sorry 'bout your friend an' all, but come on man, we're both headed all tha way 'cross the country, let's stick this one out!"

Just at that moment, his attention was suddenly directed towards the man stumbling into gun shop. Moaning and vomiting up blood, he staggered his way to the hick rapidly, wanting to sink those yellow decayed teeth of his into the male's warm flesh. Springdale gave a loud screech and dropped the shotgun, raising that baseball bat above his head again and bringing it down with force on the zombie's soft head. A loud crack could be heard, and the moaning came to an abrupt stop.

"Look kid, I'm not taking you with me." Lionn said firmly. "I have enough problems to deal with, and a redneck isn't gonna be another one!" He rubbed his temples and in an annoyed tone, turned to give his final statement to the kid. "You're stupid, and have absolutely no sense in you, I can already tell you're gonna be a pain in my--" he was cut off by the sound of groaning and suddenly the screech of Springdale in front of him. Frightened, he reached for his frying pan and jumped back, about to strike but the job was immediately done. Looking down at the body with a hole in his head made Lionn think. "Maybe you aren't as stupid as you seem."

Breathing heavily, Springdale stood froze, still holding the baseball bat up whilst eyeing the mangled creature on the ground. The hick brought the weapon down a second time, only making sure it was dead for good. Specks of blood could be apparent on his clothes now, dirtying them more than what he planned. Countless number of footsteps could be heard in the distance, and this made Springdale panic just a tad. The only thing floating in his mind at that moment was, a whole group of these things were coming, right to them.

"Aww shucks, ahm flattered an' all, but if you don' wanna stick tagetha then yur on yur own. I suggest ya run, now."

Springdale picked the shotgun off the ground and tossed it over to the other male, indicating that he should keep it. Gripping the handle of his bat, he gave the male a pat on the shoulder and was on his way. Stepping outside and onto the middle of the street, he rose his bat and began bashing it on a downed metal trash bin, creating a loud racket that caught the hoard's attention immediately.

"Ya ugly ol' things, come're, I'll give ya'll somethin' ta munch on!"

Lionn flinched when Springdale gave it another whack, splattering bits of blood everywhere. His eyes widened when hearing the others, his breathing quickening. "No No, wait!" he shouted, catching the shotgun and watching the kid run out. He felt like the biggest jerk ever, doing this to the other one, and right now, the kid was risking his life for him to just get away. Strapping the shotgun to his back, he ran out and stood beside the redneck. "Don't be so stupid kid, you're with me now." Taking out his pistols, he rolled his neck and stared at the group of zombies running towards them. "Let's go!"

Hazelwood soon came to light that this was definitely a touchy subject that should be avoided, "I see, I hope they are...for your sake" he spoke softly this time, his tone had changed to a more quiet, friendly one as he looked out of the front of the car, noticing something running towards them, it looked big. As he stared closer, he managed to make out a figure messily coming towards them. "Time to roll, we've got a biter ahead of us" He said straight up, a hint of excitement in his voice as he went to his side with his right hand, grabbing his machete tightly and pulling it out. The sound of the sachet opening was like a nail on a chalk board, however it didn't seem to phase him as he began laughing and then patted Phoenix on the right shoulder gently "I'll see you in 5 minutes, or I will never see you again, it's your choice" He stated directly in a very serious tone before turning his entire body towards the passengers seat door and pushing it open with force, the next thing anyone would see was Hazelwood diving out of the car, rolling as he hit the ground and dust lifted to the air.

"Now thas wha' I like ta here!" Springdale exclaimed in excitement, flashing a pair of pearly whites with glee. When a few of the creatures dove at him, he staggered backwards and regained his stance after a few seconds, only before expertly swinging at them and knocking them to the ground in one hit. Yelling loudly, the only thing that could be heard between each was his cheerful laughter, showing how much he actually enjoyed bashing heads in of the dead.

Lionn gave a small smile, shooting down a few coming at him, but his attention was glued on the redneck, who was taking down pretty much half the hoard. The kid was crazy, sure these things were once people, but he was having fun while doing it. Getting distracted, one of the infected suddenly took him down, pinning him on his back. Clawing at him and snapping those jaws, the only thing coming from it was its squeals. "Springdale!"

Nickname: Willows

Looks: It doesn't take more than a single glance to figure out this one’s not completely there. Scathingly vertically challenged at five foot five and weighing only one hundred and twenty pounds, Willows appears very harmless and young to the majority that set eyes upon her, which couldn't be further from the truth. She's a whopping firecracker ready to slam her effectual fists across your jaw if you sass her the wrong way and she probably trumps you in age unless your something of the unique flavour. Dark lashes frame her blue peepers, complimenting her peaches-and-cream complexion. Her skin's not exactly swarthy in colour but she's never been translucent; not the unusual pigmentation of a sopping piece of wet paper. Her cheeks are a little more shallow, accentuating her prominent cheekbones and full, bowed lips. Thick, long, choppy handfuls of obsidian locks tumble across her forehead and ears. You might've had a weird feeling that she cut it herself but you'd have no way of knowing. It's not exactly horribly done but there's something feral and untamed in the way her layered locks fall, as if they were sheared with dull blades while being in a particularly abstract mood. Un-straightened they curl into ocean waves, revealing a whole different person.

Personality: She is the darkest horse receding at the edge of the herd, barely noticeable but still snorting at every remark she doesn't agree with. Her defence mechanisms are exhausting. Her rough exterior leaves little to be desired. While she may occasionally offer a helping hand, Willows doesn't stray too far from her comfort zone. Her unwillingness to let people walk through her front door often shuts down any initial thoughts of companionship or acquainted friendship. Best described as a predator, she moves as one, holding a dangerous potential in her movements and attitudes. These are traits that many have tried weaning her away from, to no avail. She's a shot of whiskey doused in cheek-puckering rye. Strong and goes down stinging, burning down your throat. You swear you won't have another. You won't speak with her. But, you do. And she hates you for it. Willows is not the type of person you would notice right away, not unless you were really looking for her. The less people that notice you, the more you tend to be able to get away with. That isn't to say that she can't stand out or draw attention to herself if she wants to, her preference simply lies in remaining under the radar. She's not without her imperfections. Beneath that veil is something different, a blossom yet to bloom. The harsh environment of her mother and father made her like this, so she is only a diamond in the rough.

Weapons: 12 gauge pump-action shotgun.

Other: -

Adelaide arrived at the police station and went inside. The place was deserted... Oh thought Adelaide not now. She ran into the private headquarters no one. She heard a movement behind her and turned to find a zombie at the door way. GO AWAY! shouted Adelaide. The zombie obviously didn't understand because he kept advancing. Adelaide clutched her whip. Yah! she shouted hitting the zombie. He looked dazed for a second and then kept advancing. Adelaide tried again hu hu hu she hit the zombie. No luck confused and anxious she turned back to the police desk. A butter knife sat on the desk. Better then a whip thought Adelaide picking it up. Then she threw it right at the zombie. That did the trick the zombie fell to the ground dead or should I say dead again? I'll keep that thought Adelaide pulling out her butter knife she pocketed it safely in her pocket. I'll go to the airport thought Adelaide. She turned and strode out the door.

Accepted~

Phoenix stared out of the window for a second, then pushed the door open. "You think I'm gonna miss out on all the fun?" she asked, quickly reaching into the back and pulling out her crowbar, then she climbed out of the car and closed the the door quietly. "You're travelling with me. Even if I hate you, I'm joining you with this." She held the crowbar tightly in her right hand, shoving the gun into her pocket with the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back