The Version 1 Tamagotchi. ♥

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*mimitchi*

Reaction score
I've been looking around TT and noticed no one really talks about the Version 1 Tam anymore.

Those little buggers make up the biggest chunk of my collection, and I love playing with those as opposed to the rest of the newer versions.

So does anyone here still have their old V1's? I even looked on eBay and couldn't find as many listings of the V1 as I found of even Tams from the 90's. I didn't know they had become that rare! They just seem like a forgotten step in the progression of the Tam.

I love playing with my V1's. What about you guys? :furawatchi:

I want a v1 so badddd T__T Whats the difference with the p1(p2) and v1? I see them a lot actually on ebay o.o

I want a v1 so badddd T__T Whats the difference with the p1(p2) and v1? I see them a lot actually on ebay o.o
The Version 1 was the 2004 remake of the P1 and P2 Tams that came out in the 90's.

Probably better known as 'Tamagotchi Connection' rather than V1. ^_^

This is the list of the designs for them. > [Link]

When I searched them on eBay, I only found 3 of them. I've looked for them other places rather than eBay also and haven't found anywhere that sells them anymore. :p The first one I had was the green one. :furawatchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Version 1 was the 2004 remake of the P1 and P2 Tams that came out in the 90's. Probably better known as 'Tamagotchi Connection' rather than V1. ^_^

This is the list of the designs for them. > [Link]

When I searched them on eBay, I only found 3 of them. I've looked for them other places rather than eBay also and haven't found anywhere that sells them anymore. :p The first one I had was the green one. :furawatchi:
Hmmm I've seen a lot...I dont know if they're p1,p2 or v1 xD I just want one of those <33 I only have a v2 >C I got for 10 bucks cause 3 dollar shipping. but I really want a p1,p2, or v1 D: ~looks at the designs~ nvm o.o I've seen only a lot of p1, and p2s xD I cant tell the difference lol

Hmmm I've seen a lot...I dont know if they're p1,p2 or v1 xD I just want one of those <33 I only have a v2 >C I got for 10 bucks cause 3 dollar shipping. but I really want a p1,p2, or v1 D: ~looks at the designs~ nvm o.o I've seen only a lot of p1, and p2s xD I cant tell the difference lol
The major differences are the way they're packaged, really. And the shape and keychain are a bit different, but pictures don't really tell a lot. And the Tamagotchi itself is different, but you'd have to play with it to know that. :furawatchi:

Packaging is the most useful way to tell the difference (if you're buying brand new, that is. xD)

^ Wow so what tamagotchi is this one of the Ps or a v1? I think its one of the Ps(p1,p2)
You're right, it's either a P1 or P2. And you can't really tell a difference in those unless you know the specific designs of that generation (which I definitely don't xD) or if the seller lists it or tells you.

Actually you can tell the difference o.o The ones you showed me looked like a v2 which I have and a p1 or p2 looks a lot different. I see a japanese tamagotchi new sealed on the card (p1? p2? on of those) for 14 bucks o: plus 5 bucks for shipping. I want it T__T I just got a tamagotchi, 3 figures and the tamagotchi movie all in one yestarday though

Actually you can tell the difference o.o The ones you showed me looked like a v2 which I have and a p1 or p2 looks a lot different. I see a japanese tamagotchi new sealed on the card (p1? p2? on of those) for 14 bucks o: plus 5 bucks for shipping. I want it T__T I just got a tamagotchi, 3 figures and the tamagotchi movie all in one yestarday though
I actually meant the difference in the P1 and P2. xD Usually if it's a P2, it'll have a more interesting design on it.

If you have the money, I say go for it. They're great to add to a collection and will probably be worth money one day. But I don't think I'll ever have the heart to sell my Tamagotchis. :furawatchi:

I can never sell my tamas o: I did...once...I just threw like 3 away last year T__T;; I dont have money xD Only my mom and dad. lol they buy things for me ^o^ I begged my mom to get me the v2 on ebay when she was semi drunk xD

I can never sell my tamas o: I did...once...I just threw like 3 away last year T__T;; I dont have money xD Only my mom and dad. lol they buy things for me ^o^ I begged my mom to get me the v2 on ebay when she was semi drunk xD
Pffft. :furawatchi:

I wish I had money to spend, otherwise I'd buy all the Tamagotchi's I wanted to add to my collection! xD

P1 vs. V1, it's simple really. None of the vintage Tamagotchis have the infrared port at the top for the "connection" function. The difference between a P1 and a P2 is pretty noticeable too. P1s usually don't say "Tamagotchi" up at the top. Also, the P1 keychain (not always) will look like a ball and socket-type keychain, while the P2s usually have the "regular keychains. There are differences in gameplay between a P1 and P2 as well, if you ever get a chance to play with both. I think a lot of the differences are very neatly summarized here: https://www.mimitchi.com/html/q2.htm. I've been visiting this website ever since I got my first Tamagotchi in the '90s and I love it. :D

I have a v1, it works well, and looks good, it's just like new! Well, that's because I used to have a different v1, but it broke and I got my friends one that she almost never used! ^__^ Lucky me!

I have an original Tamagotchi Connection. I also have Tamagotchi Connexions from the UK. XD (a yellow one with the orange arrows, and a plain white one)

It has been a while since I've played with them.

@OldSchoolTama: I LOVE that website. I've been going there for a while too. Shame she doesn't update it anymore. ):

@FamiFan95: That's awesome! I'm lucky to have all the V1's I do. I wish I could get more.

@MintyDreams7: I've always wanted a European Connexion. I dunno why. Hopefully I can get one sometime off eBay or something. If there any difference in the UK version and the US version?

@MintyDreams7: I've always wanted a European Connexion. I dunno why. Hopefully I can get one sometime off eBay or something. If there any difference in the UK version and the US version?
There are some subtle differences, like the keychain is different and the shell designs are different from the North American ones.

I can't remember any specific gameplay differences, but I think some of the items might've been titled differently.

There are some subtle differences, like the keychain is different and the shell designs are different from the North American ones.
I can't remember any specific gameplay differences, but I think some of the items might've been titled differently.
I wanted them mostly just to complete the designs that I had. xD

It's just so hard to find them anymore. :/

Some of the Connexion shell designs were pretty boring, actually. But I guess it doesn't matter to a collector. XD

I often find many old Connection versions at used stores like ValueVillage. Unfortunately, they are usually in bad shape. ._.

Some of the Connexion shell designs were pretty boring, actually. But I guess it doesn't matter to a collector. XD
I often find many old Connection versions at used stores like ValueVillage. Unfortunately, they are usually in bad shape. ._.
We don't have a ValueVillage around here, but we do have places like Goodwill but I've never been able to find any there either.

Maybe someday I'll get lucky. xD I looked on eBay recently and found one selling for 1-2 hundred dollars. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back