The Version 1 Tamagotchi. ♥

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Salvation Army is another used store that you can check at, if your town has one.

$100? That's insane. ._.

The original Digimon are the same. People try to sell them on eBay for ridiculous prices. It's too bad because I really want some more. ._.

Salvation Army is another used store that you can check at, if your town has one.
$100? That's insane. ._.

The original Digimon are the same. People try to sell them on eBay for ridiculous prices. It's too bad because I really want some more. ._.
I know! I can remember when I'd go to Wal-Mart and they'd have a whole bunch of V1's for 9 bucks. I'd always go and buy two at a time. xD But they never had the designed ones. They were always plain colors and they had some glittery ones too which I bought. :D

Wow, I didn't know the V1s go that high these days. They're more expensive than Osu Mesu, Morinos, Angelotchis, etc.!

Wow, I didn't know the V1s go that high these days. They're more expensive than Osu Mesu, Morinos, Angelotchis, etc.!
As of now, the most expensive Tam on eBay is a Japanese Devil and it's going for $398!

As of now, the most expensive Tam on eBay is a Japanese Devil and it's going for $398!
Yeah, it's pretty crazy. I was lucky enough to get a Devilgotchi through a friend of mine for super cheap. Eventually, I'd like to have a Santagotchi too...those definitely also take the cake for "most expensive Tamagotchis out there." XD

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. I was lucky enough to get a Devilgotchi through a friend of mine for super cheap. Eventually, I'd like to have a Santagotchi too...those definitely also take the cake for "most expensive Tamagotchis out there." XD
I wish I had money to spend on collecting Tamagotchis. xD I'd buy all there is to buy.

You can see my v1 from my avatar. As you can see, all my Tamagotchis are pink. You can see 3 darker pink Tamagotchis in there, and the one on the left is my v1. You can only see the back there though. :)

You can see my v1 from my avatar. As you can see, all my Tamagotchis are pink. You can see 3 darker pink Tamagotchis in there, and the one on the left is my v1. You can only see the back there though. :)
Is that the Pink Hearts V1?

If so I have that design also. :lol:

I have 2 V1s--a light aqua one and a cream colored one. I play with them once in a while. They are Asian designs, but English language.

I've been looking around TT and noticed no one really talks about the Version 1 Tam anymore. Those little buggers make up the biggest chunk of my collection, and I love playing with those as opposed to the rest of the newer versions.

So does anyone here still have their old V1's? I even looked on eBay and couldn't find as many listings of the V1 as I found of even Tams from the 90's. I didn't know they had become that rare! They just seem like a forgotten step in the progression of the Tam.

I love playing with my V1's. What about you guys? :D
The old Tama's are really good they are not as good as they used to be except the music star and Tama-Go are a little bit better. I really enjoy there simplicity. :eek: And can you try and make that bit of swearing something non swearing like Things?

The old Tama's are really good they are not as good as they used to be except the music star and Tama-Go are a little bit better. I really enjoy there simplicity. :blink: And can you try and make that bit of swearing something non swearing like Things?
I really hope I get the chance to try the Tama-Go, perhaps when they lower the price which I know will be highish. :)

Swearing? I don't recall swearing in my post...

I absolutely love the V1.

The best part was knowing each character that was able to be raised.

I mean, if you got one character, you knew you took good care of the tama. If you got another, then it meant you didn't.

The newer versions just aren't the same because there are so many complicated features.

I got my V1 in May 2008. It is the purple numbers shell (Like the one in the movie!). In fact, if it wasn't for my V1 I may not of started my Tama-Blog! It's even named after it! Anyway I reaied 9 generations on my V1 but then it reset itself! :kusatchi: :( Oh well. I also tried to get the oldest liveing tama on it! It made it to 52 but it must of got unpaused :( Yea I had some rough times with that tama. I never really noticed the recent price change in V1's. I got mine for a total of $14.99 (Free shipping) in a buy it now. I must of got lucky! ;)

After seeing this, it makes my want to start up my V1 again!

Wow! Now that I've read the other posts in this topic, I'm really surprised about the price change!

Eek.. I shouldn't have debugged mine a couple years ago!

@flowersushi: I love them too.♥ And another good thing about the characters was that you actually knew the names and their demeanor, so it was kinda like you actually 'knew' who they were. :( And it's possible to un-debug, also. I did it with a couple of my V1's, but then un-debugged them and now they're fine. Just take a pencil eraser to the debug pad and erase all of the markings you made, and if you got it all cleaned up, it should go back to normal. It worked for me. ;)

@TamaLove754: I really want to get an old Tamagotchi, but I'd probably be one to forget about it or something. :kusatchi: But it'd be a fun project to try. xD And the price change is ridiculous. I remember when they first came out in '04, they were like, $9 at Wal-Mart.

*mimitchi* - I actually got my dad to do it, and he used some sort of welding tool or something.. Haha :kusatchi: Good idea though, and I'll try that with my other tama that I debugged with a pencil!

*mimitchi* - I actually got my dad to do it, and he used some sort of welding tool or something.. Haha ;) Good idea though, and I'll try that with my other tama that I debugged with a pencil!
I had never heard of it being done that way. xD

But erasing it usually works. I did that trick on four of my Tamagotchis, two V1's, one V4, and one V3.

i just need one v1 to complete my collection. Why are they so expensive? :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back