They Call Us Show Girls

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, but that just mended mine <3

Caden quickly wiped his eyes with a hand and sniffed a bit when he heard Bri's voice from behind him. He was surprised when he felt her take his hand into hers, but he was grateful for the comforting effect it seemed to have and he sighed as he said, "Will it? I thought for five years that she was the best thing that had ever happened to me. I spent those years of my life with her and now it's over, and where do I go from there? Sure, I'm not old or anything but..." He trailed off and looked down at her. "Your ex called you, too, right?" he said, and while it sounded like a question he was pretty certain that was the case. "It seems to me like you could do a whole lot better than somebody like him. And, well, you've got the five years that I had then to find them," he chuckled humourlessly.

"Well, I completely understand. If things hadn't turned for the worst with Jeremy, I would be married and have a family by now." Brielle sighed and looked at her feet, "And now he's in town. And he called me a prostitute on the phone. So yeah, I guess I've sorta finally realized I could do better... considering he's pretty much the reason my anxiety problem started." Bri trailed off. "What happened with your ex? I mean, if you don't mind my asking.."

Caden frowned at Brielle's story. What kind of guy would say that about a beautiful girl like Brielle, do something to her so bad that it would make her call off her engagement? He shook his head at her question and said, "No, no, it's fine. She was working away for a while, doing a tour with the New York Philharmonic. Things were definitely weird when she didn't take my calls or when she did it was kind of like she wasn't really there at all, but I didn't think too much of it. When she came back here for a few days, we saw each other eventually, and she admitted she'd cheated on me while she was away. I guess I knew things were different for both of us even before that moment"- he didn't mention the fact that something had happened to his feelings in that moment of attraction to her when she was dancing- "but I was still devastated. I had an engagement ring ready for when she came back from her trip for good. But even if I hadn't known she'd cheated, or even if she hadn't cheated at all... I'm not sure I would have been as happy with being married to her after she came back as I was with the idea when she went away." There was a crack in his voice at times, but saying it out loud to somebody else certainly helped lift the feeling a little. "And... What did he do to you? Why didn't you marry him?"

Ughh, I'm rusty. So wordy.This is what happens when you don't take English anymore xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Brielle frowned. She felt so awful about Caden. He was an amazing guy, how could someone cheat on him? "Well, we got engaged, had sex, and a couple days later we got in a fight over some stupid little thing. And it slipped out of his mouth he didn't want to marry me. And when I asked about this sudden change in heart, his response was something along the lines of, 'Well, baby doll, you aren't good in bed. And being as hot as you are, I figured you would be. That's the only reason I proposed to you. Because you were holding out.'" Bri was silent for a moment. "I guess I'm good now, considering I have a waiting list of men wanting to have sex with me..." she said, trying to lighten the mood.

You's so cute <3

Eli didn't answer Bri's question about Mei and himself, to be honest wasn't sure how to answer it because he himself truly didn't know the answer. What had come between them? He was sort of glad when both Brielle and then Caden had to excuse themselves to answer a call. He glanced over at the girl beside him, "Hey there cutie, what brings you here?" he asked her grinning a bit, figuring the might as well do something besides just sitting here waiting for the others to return. And he figured they might be a while, he had a slight lingering feeling that they were peobably having a moment.

What a jerk Brielle's ex-fiance must have been. It was probably just as well she hadn't let him come and see her now that Caden knew what he'd done, because he knew he would tell the prick exactly what he thought of him. He smiled a little bit at her comment about her waiting line of guys, albeit a slightly sad one. He said, "Well, maybe that's true, but the way I see it is that you should have a long waiting list of men who want to take you out, date you, give you flowers, treat you the way they should." He paused and could barely bring himself to look at her, because there was still that spark of something whenever he did meet her eyes, but he did try to keep her gaze. "You're such a beautiful, talented girl, Brielle; you don't deserve any of what you've had to go through." He so desperately wanted to say so much more, but somehow he couldn't bring himself to do it just yet.

Brielle felt herself blushing. "I'm really sorry, for, uhm, freaking out earlier..." she said quietly, "I don't think I was ready to call this a date. But now I am. And thank you for the flowers..." She trailed off and looked down at their still intertwined hands. "You don't deserve to be cheated on, you know. You're a great guy. And any girl would be lucky to call you their boyfriend."

Caden chuckled and shook his head dismissively. "Oh, that's okay. I looked calm on the outside but on the inside I can assure you I was just as adamant that I couldn't go through with it at first as you were," he told her, "I suppose I was just afraid to admit to myself that I was ready again, particularly because it was you. As for the flowers, you're welcome." He smiled then, following her gaze and squeezing her hand a little bit. "Well, the waitresses seem to think so, too. Unfortunately for them, I always, always only have eyes for one girl when I like them, and, well, it seems to me I've had eyes for her longer than even I'd known myself. I don't know, maybe there is a long line of men waiting to date you the right way- there certainly should be-, but I do know of one." He had to pause because, while he had finally started to get out what he wanted to say, he was still nervous about it. "I'd like to take you out again some other time- preferably," he nodded towards the restaurant, "without the other company we've had tonight. But more than that, I'd like to try and be the man you deserve to have, because I really, really like you."

Mei watched the two leave, then peeked out the window momentarily, just to see what they were doing. Ah... holding hands. Excellent. Everything was going according to plan. She looked over at Eli when he talked to her, and she grinned. "Well, I could lie and say it was the food, but I think it was more about hanging out with you." She giggled, then leaned over and kissed his cheek.

Eli felt himself leaning a bit to peer out the window at what she was looking at. He pulled himself back to an upright position again and shook his head. "Well, you must be pleased. And to think, I was actually going to scold you for meddling in other peoples lives and trying to matchmake, but appearantly it seems as though you may not be too bad at it. I mean, sure, everyone could see they liked eachothether but no one actually thought they'd every actually admit it." He had originally thought that her heart was in the right place but forcing them together might only make them push away further, but now it seemed as though she was quite good at figuring out how to get people together.

"Well, I had a feeling that they would go well together. They're very passionate about those they care about, they love music and the arts, they've both been hurt, and they know what it means to love with all their hearts! They're like peanut butter and jelly," Mei said with a nod, before eating more food. She then scooted close to Eli and nestled under his arm with a sigh. "Thank you for coming tonight. I owe you big time! Oh... speaking of which..." She beckoned both the redhead and the overly made-up waitress to the table and discreetly handed them some money. "Thanks for going along with this you two. I know it was probably awkward seeing as you two are together and all, but I'm super grateful. Let's just keep this hush hush, okay?"

"No problem," the redhead said with a laugh.

"It's fine," the made-up waitress said, shrugging. "Anything to help out a friend." They both walked away, after Mei had given them her credit card to pay the bill. She grinned at Eli. "I credit myself with being very devious."

Brielle smiled a little and nodded. "Yeah, I'd really like to go out with you again. But for now, I feel like Mei needs to learn a lesson. Shall we go in and act like nothing is going on yet aagain? Because I know I've been lying to myself since you first came." She looked over at the window of the restaraunt, and after seeing Meimei, she dropped Caden's hand and wrapped her arms around herself. After another moment, she said, "Maybe, just maybe, you'd want to come over for a drink or something?"

Eli shook his head again, "Well you really are an evil little thing aren't you? You really set up this whole thing from the start?" Eli asked her, astounded. The thought that she had even gone to the lengths to get two of them together made him wonder what else she had secretly arranged. He decided to question her about it. "What else have you planned out like this?" He eyed her with a suspicious glance, not entirely sure whether or not he should be afraid of her and her seemingly endless and devious capabilities.

Caden smiled, relieved, but then also in an amused way at her suggestion. "Mmm, you know, I think that's a good idea." To be fair, Mei had been right to try and get them to date, but he wasn't too sure he liked her methods much. He was about to take a step towards the restaurant as she made her suggestion to him. He turned to her and told her, "I'd like that very much. Thank you." He'd been planning on having something a little stiffer than the beer he'd drunk through dinner when he got home anyway, so to have Brielle's company was even better.

Brielle started back towards the restaurant, trying to hide her smile. She opened the door and made her way back to the table. She sat down and said politely, "Well, where were we? Oh, right, about you and Meimei, Eli."

Mehhhh, I fail....

Caden made an attempt at looking as awkward as he had for the rest of the night before they stepped back into the restaurant, sitting back at the table with Eli and Mei. "Sorry about that, guys," he said, pushing his phone, which he'd taken out again to look like he'd been using it, back into his pocket. "Food was great, though, anyway." He sat back to hear what Eli had to say, trying to look away from Brielle as much as he could.

Mm. Me, also.

asdkfjaweasdf';.///

Brielle fiddled with her napkin on her lap. She just wanted this part of the date to be over, and get to the part where it was just she and Caden. She took a sip of wine and called the waitress over, asking for a second glass. She took another drink, looking anywhere but Caden. This was difficult, this little game they were playing. Slowly, Brielle took her shoe off and tapped Caden's foot with hers under the table.

Let the subtle flirting begin (;

Caden couldn't help but look down when he felt something nudge against his foot. At first, it was fine, for he didn't know any better what it was than Eli or Mei, and as he drew his attention back to Eli he caught Bri's eye along the way, just subtly, and somehow he knew all of a sudden what it had been. He had to stop himself from smiling as he tried to slip his shoe off with his other foot, to give her a nudge back. It was probably times like these that having studied acting came in more handy than it actually did in his day job. Trouble was, the more she toyed with him now, the quicker he wanted everyone to finish up and leave.

Oh you (;

Hey, I couldn't help it (;

Brielle remained poised as her foot carressed Caden's. She glanced over at him before taking another sip of wine. She really needed something stronger. She glanced at her phone, checking the time. It was almost midnight. Bri yawned, saying, "You know, we have another show tomorrow. Maybe we should wrap this up soon..."

It's all good (;

Caden half listened as the other half of his mind was on brushing his foot against Bri's beneath the table. He looked at his watch, too, and waited for the verdict. He added, "I decided that we won't have a normal day's rehearsal like usual tomorrow, or from now on until the end of the shows, for that matter, to get in some extra sleep before the next one, but, you're right, it is pretty late." He drained the last of his beer, and put some money down towards the food bill and a tip. "It was fun, though. Good way to celebrate a show well done." They sat a few minutes longer while they all finished drinks and gathered themselves together- such as the business of putting a shoe back on-, before Caden shook hands with Eli, gave Mei a hug, as well as Brielle, for good measure, of course, as though they wouldn't be seeing each other until tomorrow. "Goodnight, everyone," he said waving as they were about to head their separate ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back