Vegetarians...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=7pt]For people who think most animals are killed humane:
They Aren't.[/SIZE]

tokiohotelfurimmer
I'm sorry - but this is exactly the kind of incorrect information I was talking about in my other post :ichigotchi:

Animals are raised for slaughter and consumption by humans in all parts of the world.

In the Western World - North Americas, Europe, Australasia for example - there are strict industry standards to control how animals are raised and how they are slaughtered.

Any slaughterhouse must confirm to those strict rules or face being shut down and put out of business.

The big food companies (supermarkets, etc.) that use those slaughterhouses check their methods and inspect them too as well as Government Hygiene/Animal Welfare Inspectors.

Of course every now and then there are bad companies who bend the rules or ignore them and they are found out and exposed and usually shut down or fined, depending on the severity of the situation.

But those companies are not most companies - so it is wrong and misleading to say that most animal are not killed humanely.

The facts are that every day of the year most animals ARE killed humanely.

Sadly, every now and then, some animals are not.

Now, can we stay on topic please and discuss vegetarianism - not animal abuse?

Thanks.

i sometimes eat vegetables of course, but rarely. i wish i was a vegetarian though because they always know how to eat right instead of eating meat all the time and chewing candy like i do. ever since i was young i always ate meat, rice and candy so i never took a liking in the plain taste of vegetables.

i sometimes eat vegetables of course, but rarely. i wish i was a vegetarian though because they always know how to eat right instead of eating meat all the time and chewing candy like i do. ever since i was young i always ate meat, rice and candy so i never took a liking in the plain taste of vegetables.
Non Vegetarians know how to eat right as well. They balance their diet. You can still retain a healthy diet even with meat, rice and grains.

Anyway what's the point in not eating animals? o_O
I think some of the issues could be some people who have huge morals and would lecture people on how it's "horrible" to eat Bessy the Cow.

People will always consume pork, beef and poultry. You can't stop someone from doing it. If a person chooses not to eat meat, that's their buisness. Not mine. Not yours.

I eat pork, beef and poultry and I am healthy.

Anyway what's the point in not eating animals? o_O
Adding to what Starman said, some people have also been subjected to going into slaughter houses. That can seriously mess someone up, especially someone who loves animals. Because of what they've seen, it can make them hallucinate when they're eating meat. Sort of a post traumatic stress disorder.

I had that problem for a while myself, but without going to a slaughter house. When I was about 14/15, whenever I would eat a burger, I could swear I could hear it screaming when I took bites out of it. It made me extremely nauseas and I didn't eat meat for about a month or two.

After a while I eventually got over it, but it can, and does happen.

People just have different ways of seeing the foods we eat. Some see it as bad, and some see it as nothing more than choice and variety.

[SIZE=7pt]I don't care if people around me eat meat, that is their choice not mine, I'm not trying to change them, but its extremely bothersome when people are saying 'EaT MeAt! ZomG! You'll DiE if you dont EaT MeAt!!!" Because thats what they believe. I've been a vegetarian for 3 years now, and am perfectly healthy because I get the nutrients which I am lacking from meat, from vitamins and other foods.[/SIZE]

tokiohotelfurimmer. .

People are very diverse, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a Vegetarian.

Yes, there are more ways to intake protein than just meat, however, meat also supplies iron and other essentials. And iron is good for your blood.

It's one thing to be a Vegetarian but it's a completely different story when your a Vegetarian whom doesn't respect meat-eaters ways. If they can respect your wishes, respect theirs and don't try to stop them. You can explain to them that maybe they could consider it because there are some benefits but, if you start an argument or have a big drawn-out story on how they're wrong, then no. YOU'RE WRONG.

Basically what I am saying is that, Vegetarians deserve respect and so do meat-eaters. And Neither 'side' should get teased, yelled at, or be obnoxious to the other 'side's' views.

Personally, I love meat and probably will never become a Vegetarian.

- Kai :)

Adding to what Starman said, some people have also been subjected to going into slaughter houses. That can seriously mess someone up, especially someone who loves animals. Because of what they've seen, it can make them hallucinate when they're eating meat. Sort of a post traumatic stress disorder.I had that problem for a while myself, but without going to a slaughter house. When I was about 14/15, whenever I would eat a burger, I could swear I could hear it screaming when I took bites out of it. It made me extremely nauseas and I didn't eat meat for about a month or two.

After a while I eventually got over it, but it can, and does happen.

People just have different ways of seeing the foods we eat. Some see it as bad, and some see it as nothing more than choice and variety.
Yes, I actually met a girl at camp who was terrified of dead things.

People are very diverse, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a Vegetarian.

Yes, there are more ways to intake protein than just meat, however, meat also supplies iron and other essentials. And iron is good for your blood.

Yeah, but other things supply iron, and edamame have all of the essential amino acids.

I'm not a vegetarian, however, I don't eat some animals like: deer, lamb, rabbit, stuff like that. And I don't eat that much red meat...I do occiasionaly, but I try to stick to the leaner stuff like: chicken, and turkey, or lean ground beef. :eek: And I know some people get treated differently because they are vegetarians, but they should get as much respect as everyone else. They're not different, they just don't eat meat. :blink: :blink:

Ack. I'm veggie for some health reasons, but also, I can't stand to eat lamb, pork, or red meat.

(Poultry is livable, sometimes, for occasion.)

Can you imagine eating a fluffy baby sheep? DD: It makes me kind of sick...

Im a vegetarian. I just love animals, and I don't really like eating them...

Im not a vegan though. I would die without Ice-Cream xD

Im a vegetarian. I just love animals, and I don't really like eating them...
Im not a vegan though. I would die without Ice-Cream xD
I'm kinda the same. It's just I like most bugs as well excluding flies, and midges and mosquitoes and lice and ticks. And anything parasitic. Yuck!

I'm not. I like meat to much to not eat it. But we need to eat meat to be healthy. We can get stuff from vegatables and fruit and everything but we also need something from meat. It's the natural way of life to eat meat. If we all didn't the earth would be way too crowded with animals. But I respect vegeterians.

Im no

I dont have anything agesnt eating Animals. Thats sounds a little weird....

But I do eat meats...and that stuff

I'm not. Can't live without mah meat!!!!!! x3 I have a friend that 'claims' she is a vegitarian, but she eats hot dogs, beef, and pork all the time! >< She just doesn't like chicken! If I lived without meat,well, I guess I wouldn't be living! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back