Ways to get closer to my parents.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think I've given up on trying.

Nothing is working for me.

Tonight she was cutting my nails because I'm "too lazy to do anything myself and I always wait til she can't stand it anymore." So then when she was cutting my last toenail and I was like "Hey mom, this kinda hurts. Ow." And she was like "Okay that's enough. You over exagerate everything. She thinks this is bad and she didn't do anything when she was getting her stitches removed by the doctor. Oh, that's only because she's shy with everyone." in Tagalog. She was making fun of me because I've never been a social person. In fact, when I was little I went to therapy because I didn't talk to anyone at school. It's just what kind of person I am, and she's making fun of me for it.

That's just one of the most recent bad times I've had with her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try telling your parents that you want to be closer to them. if you are nervous about telling them or if you think they won't listen then try to conversate with them more. Prove to them that you are trying hard in school. To be better friends with them try to ask your mom if she wants to go shopping with you to "connect" or watch a movie with your parents. Watching movies together will make you all feel closer together because you will all be laughing or crying at the same thing, also after the movie you and your parents will have more to talk about because you can all talk about the movie.

I'm very close to my parents.

They listen to the same music as me

and they always support whatever I feel like

and my descisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back