What are you reading now?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, today I bought Summer and the City by Candace Bushnell. It looks amazing and I will get started reading it shortly!

Studying for my pathopharmacology and medical-surgical exams, so I'm reading the textbooks for those. Woooo. :p

The Giver - Lois Lowry

This is an awesome book, about a creepy utopian (and kind of dystopian) society.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently rereading Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes. Its extremely old and I think it was written during the Renaissance. Its a really good book though and the sarcasm and humor is excellent for something so old school.

I tried my hand at some of Plato's The Republic but was bored (athough somewhat fascinated, deep down) almost to tears. I also tried reading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov but I didn't enjoy the subject matter and put it back down. I'm now attempting to read Suetonius's The Twelve Caesars. All of these books are so terribly boring. I need to start reading some good books again.

"The Power of Now" - Eckhart Tolle

The book is a guide to spiritual enlightenment - and how to make it yours without too much comparison to what really "is" spiritual enlightenment. I'm at a place in the book where I'm learning to quiet my mind - which I'm really enjoying how to do. Us West-folk tend to think a little too much! :)

@ Kuribotchi

Read Gathering Blue too if you like the Giver... Its suppose to be a seaquel to the Giver... I'v read that a while ago...

I'm reading... looking at my ID L booklet thing...

Otherwise, My Rozen Maiden manga.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

I've read this a bunch of times, but I enjoy reading it. :3

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I love Jane Austen. As always, I'm reading my pharmacology, pathophysiology, and med-surg books as well because I've got exams on Monday.

Latest posts

Back