What are you reading now?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rereading The House of the Scorpion (Nancy Farmer)

I'm just about to finish reading Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger. Once I get back to school on Monday I'm either going to borrow Rear Window or anything my english teacher has by Vladimir Nabokov.

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

I got curious about the Hunger Games series so I'm reading that now. I'm currently on Catching Fire.
I did the same and ended up reading the first book over this past summer break. It was convenient because my boyfriend kept the copy he read for his adolescent literature class. Now, I'm going to ask for the rest of the trilogy for Christmas. Collins's writing style is something I could take or leave, personally, but her message is powerful, the plot is interesting, and Katniss is an excellent character and role model.

Now, I'm reading Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry for children's literature class. This is my second go with it since I also read it in 7th grade; I'd heartily recommend the book to anyone in the 6th grade and up. It's actually the second in a series which begins with Song of the Trees, continuing with Let the Circle be Unbroken and others.

Since the college semester is currently in session, I have no time to read for personal enjoyment and hardly any desire to do so once I get a break after marching through a book a week with little to no respite. -_-

someone's face

(yes, literally)

Last edited by a moderator:
I always borrow a few mangas to read at night, but I've got nothing really awesome atm since I finished twice all the Fruits Baskets and all the available Cactus's Secret at my local library... our library is so small.

EDIT: I also love reading classics and downloaded a few on my tablet, but I'm having a hard time with Jane Eyre even tho I love it since my English still isn't perfect x.X English is only my third language...

Last edited by a moderator:
I always borrow a few mangas to read at night, but I've got nothing really awesome atm since I finished twice all the Fruits Baskets and all the available Cactus's Secret at my local library... our library is so small.

EDIT: I also love reading classics and downloaded a few on my tablet, but I'm having a hard time with Jane Eyre even tho I love it since my English still isn't perfect x.X English is only my third language...
Don't feel bad because classics are typically written with higher level language or in a style that has gone out of popular use, so people whose first language is English still struggle with them, particularly when it comes to the Bronte sisters. :p You might like Wuthering Heights which is the most popular novel of Charlotte Bronte's sister Emily.

Latest posts

Back