What's your current MAJOR pet peeve?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you have to chu an alarm clock to turn it off.

730px-1349668279-190826-002.jpg

People claiming to be Grammar Nazis, when all they do is correct someone's usage of Its vs It's, Their vs There, Your vs You're, and know the contents of a thesaurus well enough to sound eloquent.

Even when you're on an informal discussion board, they still leave snarky responses like "u ned a spell chckr" / "Love the way you spelled X", which... Doesn't really do much except make the person feel bad.

When I'm online, I don't care if someone types like a robot or if they spell "likee ths" as long as it's legible and I can understand the point they're trying to make.

I'd rather talk to someone who types like that without all the flowery language any day.

I know some people only do this because they really don't understand what the person's saying, but people who jump all over the place just for getting "Your" / "You're" wrong? Saying "It is me" instead of "It is I"? Seems kind of rude to me. >:|

I also don't like it when I offer someone valid criticism on a work they enjoy, like a novel or TV series, or tell them what I didn't like about it and they respond with this:

haters-glee.gif

I find it amusing when I know they're only kidding around though. x3

nevermind :babytchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
A story about PONIES vs TAMAGOTCHIS- my new pet peeve:

Once upon a time, there was a God of All Things Awesome. This God ruled over Tamatalk, a land where fans of My Little Pony and fans of Tamagotchi used to live in peace. But alas! This did not continue for long. Tamagotchi fans, outraged at the explosive popularity of MLP revolted!

"Why is MLP so goshdarn popular?" they asked. "Ponies are for girls! I grew out of them when I was seven!"

Meanwhile bronies and pegasisters alike joined hands and wondered, "Don't we have the freedom to enjoy what we want?"

The God, seeing this childish scuffle, could only shake his head. Placing a hand on one Tamagotchi fan's shoulder and another on a MLP fan, he said this immortal line:

"My children. Why do you fail to respect each other's preferences so?"

The God turned to the Tamagotchi fan.

"Son. This land is called Tamatalk. It was created for fans who like Tamagotchi such as yourself. But Tamatalk is a place where people from all ages and walks of life gather. Some of us may have outgrown Tamagotchis and developed new interests, such as anime, The Big Bang Theory, or My Little Pony. And yet those people still love TamaTalk because they like the people, have close friends, and spent a better part of their childhood here. That does not mean they still have to talk about Tamagotchis all the time. The Non-Tamatalk sections are popular because it gives them a break from Tamagotchis and allows them to talk about their interests outside of Tamagotchis."

The Tamagotchi fan protested. "But what's so great about MLP? I saw both seasons and it's just a mediocre kids' show. The Tamagotchi! anime was so much more meaningful and hilarious than ponies will ever be! People who like ponies just have a low IQ."

The God responded, "No two people will have the exact same preferences. You can't expect everyone else to like the Tamagotchi! anime just because you do. That's no different than a complete stranger expecting you to like Gangnam Style, say "OPPA GANGNAM STYLE", do some freaky dance moves and then getting upset when you say you don't like Gangnam Style. If someone likes something more than Tamagotchi, live and let live instead of trolling their MLP-related status updates.

He then said, "What neither of you understand is that you're both on the same boat. Tamagotchi fans may call ponies childish and for girls, but look at what Tamagotchis have become. The new Tamagotchi P's comes in washed out pastel shells filled with jewels and hearts. The characters are becoming sparklier and diabetes-inducingly cute to appeal to young girls. The same young girls that ponies are targeting.

"No matter how big of a fanbase MLP has, much of the world still calls ponies dumb and girly. That includes grown ups as well as young children. But Tamagotchi is no better. How many of you Tamagotchi fans have ever been ridiculed for liking a 'kid's toy from the '90's'? For watching 'girly cartoon characters with sparkly eyes' on nosub.tv? Do neither of you realize how alike MLP and Tamagotchis can be if only you would see past each other's differences?"

"I... I suppose I didn't think of that..." The Tamagotchi fan mumbled uncomfortably.

"Uhhh. Yeah, that's true..." the MLP fan acknowledged.

The Tamagotchi fan, seeing the error of his ways, felt the need to apologize.

"I'm really sorry for all the things I've said. Of course you're allowed to like what you want."

The MLP fan also apologized. "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions by saying ponies were better than Tamagotchis."

The God smiled. "I'm proud of you both. You now know what it's like to respect someone's opinion."

The Tamagotchi fan and the MLP fan then parted ways. Both a heckuva lot more mature than before, they spread their newfound wisdom to other bickering members and soon the silly PONIES vs TAMAGOTCHIS debate was no more. And they all lived happily ever after.

~ The End

When my mama gives me disgusting "food" and expects me to eat it.
When my children say "Ugh! That's disgusting! I hate it!" about a meal I've just spend an hour preparing (after a full, tiring day at work) and a meal that everyone ate quite happily without any complaint whatsoever last week (... and last month and a few months before....) - especially when they really mean "I'm sorry, I've kind of gone off this recipe for now, can you avoid cooking it for a while...?"

I just hate how some people insult your likes and favorites. For example my friend kept telling me Flaaffy is a fail Pokemon. I mean just because I think it's cool and you don't doesn't mean you have to insult it over and over.

People who chew loudly or make gross noises while eating. This is probably my #1!

People who yell at others a lot (like my grade 8 french teacher)

Webdings font just because it makes no sense whatsoever.

When our Vista laptop freezes, but my mom ordered Windows 7 so we will not have this problem. (I'm using our XP computer right now)

Same about the sounds while eating. Or just opening mouth while doing so, ugh.

Webdings is not a normal font anyway, it's just for images in documents.

When my laptop freezes when trying to scroll down an internet page

Waiting for online orders (kobo mini, come to meeee)

When my friend calls me insensitive, argumentative, and overcomplaining, right when she's watching movies on her (expensive, fancy, shiny) iPod touch and painting her nails all day

When I deposit too much money into my bank account and am left to pay my parents for online purchases using exact change (as in $80 in coins?)

People who are afraid of tofu

When certain people forget the legal driving age in my region and hence forget a whole load of other stuff (for privacy reasons i won't say who, what, or where)

"...so please tell me what there's to complain about." ~Onerepublic

• How all these 'anti-bullying awareness' things are more used to boost bullies reputation by pretending to care, rather than to do the intended, to raise awareness and stop bullying (More explanation/rant under spoiler)

This whole ‘anti-bullying awareness’ thing seems kind of pointless. It just seems like another way for the bullies to pretend to care. Yes, I get that bullying is a terrible thing and it claims the lives of a lot of people and sends others spiralling into depression, but I will never understand why people spend a month pretending to sympathise over bullying victims and say they will try to change their ways, then straight afterwards go back to being the bully they were in the first place. It makes absolute zero sense. Being sorry and saying sorry are two completely different things, and actually being sorry usually includes some sort of remorse of some form, I would think. I see all these things on various sites, like 'R.I.P so-in-so, she was so beautiful, so young, like if your against bullying' if you care that much about some stranger that committed suicide, then maybe you would learn from that and not bully that girl you always do in real life?

Everyone is aware of bullying. Everyone is aware of the effects that bullying can cause. And it doesn’t seem to have deterred many, if any.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I put it under a read more for a reason, so it wouldn’t offend too many people because no one usually reads these.

• How all these 'anti-bullying awareness' things are more used to boost bullies reputation by pretending to care, rather than to do the intended, to raise awareness and stop bullying (More explanation/rant under spoiler)

This whole ‘anti-bullying awareness’ thing seems kind of pointless. It just seems like another way for the bullies to pretend to care. Yes, I get that bullying is a terrible thing and it claims the lives of a lot of people and sends others spiralling into depression, but I will never understand why people spend a month pretending to sympathise over bullying victims and say they will try to change their ways, then straight afterwards go back to being the bully they were in the first place. It makes absolute zero sense. Being sorry and saying sorry are two completely different things, and actually being sorry usually includes some sort of remorse of some form, I would think. I see all these things on various sites, like 'R.I.P so-in-so, she was so beautiful, so young, like if your against bullying' if you care that much about some stranger that committed suicide, then maybe you would learn from that and not bully that girl you always do in real life?

Everyone is aware of bullying. Everyone is aware of the effects that bullying can cause. And it doesn’t seem to have deterred many, if any.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I put it under a read more for a reason, so it wouldn’t offend too many people because no one usually reads these.
It's not a major pet peeve for me but I do notice how some folks say they're bullied in school but don't see anything wrong in bullying or being mean to others if the opportunity presents itself.

No one likes to be on the outside. Most of us appreciate being liked and having friends - it's natural, but if you say you hate bullies, why act like one yourself towards someone who is weaker or less confident than you...?

+' timestamp='1350655150' post='3191933'](snip)
Erm, you keep saying Tamagotchi is girly but the debate is about the anime (and not the Yume Kira Dreams one either), and have you actually seen it? Quite a few eps here and there are girly but the majority are all awesome and have adventures and focus on boy characters. Like there's one where Mametchi and his friends go into Spacytchi's house, which is actually a spaceship, but the friends don't know and Kuchipatchi accidentally makes it blast off into space...will they ever get home? :eek: And there's another where Gotchi King gets a terrible disease and Mametchi and his buddies venture into a mysterious cave which may hold the key to Gotchi King's recovery...sorry for blabbering so much but the Tamagotchi is enjoyable for both boys and girls. 8(

When my children say "Ugh! That's disgusting! I hate it!" about a meal I've just spend an hour preparing (after a full, tiring day at work) and a meal that everyone ate quite happily without any complaint whatsoever last week (... and last month and a few months before....) - especially when they really mean "I'm sorry, I've kind of gone off this recipe for now, can you avoid cooking it for a while...?"
I feel your pain, pal, but in my case I have a right to be grossed out by what my mama gives me because it's always either 1. A week past the use by date or 2. Full of stuff she should know I'm allergic to. :p

Now, my major pet peeve is...when somebody just randomly comes along and looks into my room for a split second for NO REASON. What purpose does it serve?! :eek:

my pet peeves are:

kids under 14 with cellphones

Toddlers and Tiaras

school

honey boo boo

being woken up for no reason.

Now, my major pet peeve is...when somebody just randomly comes along and looks into my room for a split second for NO REASON. What purpose does it serve?! :eek:
Maybe someone cares enough about you to check that you're OK (and haven't died from all the disgusting stuff your Mum should know you're allergic to...?) ;]

When characters in my tamas are put to sleep without at least one hungry/happy heart filled...

Erm, you keep saying Tamagotchi is girly but the debate is about the anime (and not the Yume Kira Dreams one either), and have you actually seen it? Quite a few eps here and there are girly but the majority are all awesome and have adventures and focus on boy characters. Like there's one where Mametchi and his friends go into Spacytchi's house, which is actually a spaceship, but the friends don't know and Kuchipatchi accidentally makes it blast off into space...will they ever get home? :eek: And there's another where Gotchi King gets a terrible disease and Mametchi and his buddies venture into a mysterious cave which may hold the key to Gotchi King's recovery...sorry for blabbering so much but the Tamagotchi is enjoyable for both boys and girls. 8(
No, no! You misunderstood what I was trying to say. I never said Tamagotchis were only for girls. I didn't say they couldn't be enjoyed by boys and girls. Let me clarify...

I know the first Tamagotchi anime was more gender neutral. The "girly cartoon characters with sparkly eyes" comment wasn't what I think of them. It's what other people who are unfamiliar with Tamagotchis might think. For example, you could be watching an episode where Ikemen Mametchi appears. Ikemen Mametchi and a few other characters have sparkly eyes as part of their character designs. He's based on bishonen / pretty boy characters from early '70's shojo manga. Manga from this period had a distinct art style which gave everyone sparkly eyes regardless of gender. Also, Ikemen Mametchi is often accompanied by roses and sparkles around him. This is common in a lot of older shojo works to show that a character is charming and prince-like.

But obviously, most people we know aren't anime geeks, so there's no way they'd know any of that! Whereas we see a charming and funny character in a series that guys have an equal chance of enjoying, they'd only see a "girly cartoon character with sparkly eyes." Especially if you're old enough that they think you shouldn't be playing with Tamagotchis any more.

The "diabetes-inducingly cute" was about the characters who will be appearing on the Tamagotchi P's, not the ones in the anime. I wasn't the only one on that topic who thought Bandai Japan took the girlyness and turned it into an art form. Japan's obsession with cuteness and changing the mascot / characters to girlier ones probably does appeal to young girls ( or older men who like cute things ), but outside of Japan an adult ( and especially a male one ) is expected to use smartphones / iPhones and not what they recognize as a children's toy they used to play with when they were younger.

So yeah, sorry for the confusion because a cartoon / anime for girls ( or boys ) only? Pffft ~ ! Tamagotchis ( and MLP and tons of other series people call girly ) should be something loved by both genders! 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back