What's your current MAJOR pet peeve?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing red lights and thinking they're a spider about to attack me, and an irrational fear of people coming close to me. This happens every time I play Minecraft for more than an hour at once.

When I'm in Tamachat, and I only check it like, every half an hour and I see that people have entered and left thinking I'm afk.

When you enter Tamachat, please say something so that I can see the notification in the tab on my browser and know that you are there.

TYVM.

My newest pet peeve are all these stupid adverts I keep on seeing across sites, mostly on here or on a Wiki site. The ones that get me the most are the ones that say "FOR MEN ONLY" and has this girl that is barely wearing anything. Of course, the IMVU ones tick me off also even though I play it. It's gets annoying to people who see adverts of games that they play urging them to sign up or buy.. >.< And of course there's ones that suddenly play music or something and scare the living crap out of you.... -.-

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to the Youtube/Google+ new commenting system, YouTube is being spammed out by ascii tanks, ascii Hitlers, and worse stuff. :mellow:

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Various types of spam on Minecraft videos:

• adverts for "free premium Minecraft accounts" (AKA viruses)
  • people yelling at each other to call gold "butter" and vice versa
  • people arguing over whether the video is "gay" or not
  • the horrible spam about getting rid of the new YouTube comment system - it literally floods the comment section and there are no comments about the actual video

• One Direction

Justin Bieber
Girls that mainly care about their popularity and looks
Fighting people calling each other gay
People that keep hitting me too hard in Karate
People that think they're better than me in Karate B)
People that act lazy
People complaining about the Tamagotchi Friends (COMEONITMIGHTBETHELASTWORLDWIDERELEASE!!!)
Heavy metal/rock

The alarm clock I lost that has been going off in my NZ room at 7:30 AM every day for the past two years. One of the worst things to lose is an alarm clock that is turned on and set for a really early time when you don't want to get up in the holidays.

People love to use the term "plot hole." Unfortunately, most of them don't understand what a plot hole is and misuse it.

That irks me a lot more than it probably should.

People who complain about the skype on Windows 8 not knowing that you can just install the normal version on it as well.

All these horrible stamps on deviantART with seemingly trollish messages, like "Wii U is for autistic babies!", "Good kids do drugs", "9/11 is my favorite holiday"... @_@ They're not funny.

Aaand when someone actually makes a good stamp, like saying they support the Wii, or that they're against bad stuff like drugs, then the trolls comment on it and swear and whine about it like "you like Wii but the Wii sucks that means you are stupid blahblahblah!"

Deviantart is my pet peeve overall, seriously it's not a serious site anymore, it's full of rubbish. Artists should move to serious art sites.

Also, when your "friend" doesn't respond to your messages for hours just to reply with what a blast they have with their stupid excuses for new friends just to then continue not replying for another few hours. Aka, why my girlfriend is stupid.

YouTube. It hates how I have multiple accounts and as a result it duplicates videos in playlists, subscribes me to random channels I've never even watched, deletes all my subscriptions on some accounts and refuses to let me unsubscribe from channels I don't like anymore.

YouTube. It hates how I have multiple accounts and as a result it duplicates videos in playlists, subscribes me to random channels I've never even watched, deletes all my subscriptions on some accounts and refuses to let me unsubscribe from channels I don't like anymore.
Ugh. Don't even get me started on YouTube. I can't wait for all the game reviewers and LPers I watch to abandon PooTube for something better. A lot of them already seem to be moving on to Twitch.

When people use "anymore" incorrectly. It is meant for use in a negative or interrogative sense.

"I still like this anymore" is non-standard English. ("I don't like this anymore" is correct usage.)

"I still like this nowadays" is correct.

Though "anymore" is still used in a positive sense in some dialects of English. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
People doing unnecessary/annoying things at concerts.

This happened a while ago but I'm still irritated by it. My mum and I drove up to Cardiff for the Rule Britannia Tour (Bullet For My Valentine, Asking Alexandria and Young Guns). It takes over 5 hours to get to Cardiff from where I live. I'm okay with this as I love all 3 bands. It was when I was in amongst the crowd that I started to get annoyed. Young Guns were playing first and everyone was pretty spread out but where I was standing I couldn't move.There was a guy in front of me who had a backpack on so every time he moved it hit me in the stomach. His backpack took up room for another person. It was totally unnecessary to have it. All you need is somewhere to hold your keys, ticket, money and maybe a phone. And to make it worse he was with his girlfriend. Now, this would have been fine except they started making out and I was just standing there like 'Seriously!? I didn't drive 5 hours to see you two kissing!!!!! STOP IT NOW!!!' If they were at the edge away from everyone else it would have been fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back