Who dislikes the v4-v5 tamas?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm mixed about this.

1) I agree that the v.3 was probably the best tamagotchi ever. (It was my first tamagotchi, and I miss it so badly...) It was very relaxed and insanely fun, and connecting/getting friends/marrying was one of the main focuses.

2) The v.4 (which I'm currently opperating now) is also quite fun, even if getting a job/going to school is a little stressful. It added another point of interest in it for me, but it might not be the same for other tamagotchi collectors.

3) I havn't tried a v.5 yet, but I do think that one is going overboard. It's about raising a family instead of just a pet, and that is an absolutely HUGE change from the recent installments.

Overall, as I said, I am mixed. But I have no problem with the v.4/v4.5 versions.

<_<

"SICKO HOW COULD U DISLIKE A V5 THEY ROCK SO INSTEAD OF DISS'N ALL OF THE REST OF US FIND SOME GOOD REASONS!!!!!!!!!!

POO TO U"

Muffy_1234, there is no need to get rude about it, it is one persons opinion, you have your own. If there isn't something nice to say, you should probably keep it to yourself, rather than do that. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've kinda got mixed feelings for this too.

I liked the idea of the V1-3 best of all, you know, just having to take care of your tama, love it and that would be enough to get different characters- and also more difficult. especially the higher amount of different characters in the v3 was good. but v4 and up, it's just about skill points, if you don't count universal characters. the jobs and such are a bit too much too, i mean really, since when do pets get human jobs? sure, like someone said, dogs can have jobs, but not human jobs like working at a bakery or bank or something. also, the money thing annoys me a bit too. pets don't have money, do they? of course the GPs make tamas more interesting, so all in all it's not so bad, but I think I'd still prefer a tama without money. and yes- the amount, and especially the length of games is pretty ridiculous.

so maybe my ideal tama would be something like the V1, but with many more characters, and maybe GPs. Getting different characters should only be done by how you take care of your tama, and their different traits and personalities should only be shown by how they look, and what they do. (so for example, how different tamas react to items- one could be scared of a teddy bear, another attack it, and a third cuddle it.) There could be lots of games, but they should be of different durations. the shorter ones in the beginning of the list, for if you're in a hurry, and longer ones lower down. The amount of weight loss should depend on not just the duration of the game, whether you complete it or not, but also on what the game is like. for example, a game where you have to think, like something like Shape, would increase happiness by, say two, but you only lose 1g of weight if you win it, and jump rope would make the tame lose 3.

wow, that's quite long. :gozarutchi: sorry guys! :lol:

I agree with you, Evumeimei.

You know, the other day I timed how long it takes to play the v4 games. I wasn't really that happy with the results. This is about how long it takes to play (not exact):

Jumping Rope: 1min 50sec

Mimic: 3min

Shape: 1min 30sec

Dance: 2min 30sec

Flag: 1min 40sec

Which I believe makes an average of 2min 6sec per game. Let me double check *gets a calculator and punches in numbers madly* Yes, I'm right. Seriously, games shouldn't take so long to complete. This is why Shape is so popular with everyone I know who has a v4. Therefore they either get universal characters, or high-intelligence characters (like Mametchi, Mimitchi, Ponitchi, Tosakatchi, Minotchi and Pukatchi).

I want to be able to finish a game on the v4 because of the rule that if you don't your characters don't lose 3g of weight. On the v1 it only took about 30 seconds to lose 3g of weight!

I just got my V5 this afternoon and have been playing it most of the day. I also have a V4.5 going. Right now I still prefer the V4.5 over the V5. The games are weird(the teacup game tends to stop before you can get 100)and the tv game is rather hard.

The screen is also a little hard to see sometimes.

Maybe after I visit the planet(on my way now)and have played awhile longer I may feel more favorable towards the 5th one. :wacko:

i like your idea but i still like v4-v5 have fun! :p :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
:D I agree with someone earlier. Don't like having to log out at each game. Very boring and makes you not want to do all the games.

Also, is it just me or are the amounts of points very small for the effort?

You get 100 to 500 with the earlier games but this one you get 10, 50 or 70 points and the prizes still cost lots of points.

Not excited with the new version.

I think the tv in the v5 is really creative and cool. why hadn't they thought about that before? I mean like tv is a part of everyday life to some of us............ and so is work in the v4 when we are adults. to me I adore all versions of tamagotchis from v1-v5 and i think tamagotchis represent a weird version of us. *blink blink* :p

While I do agree with the whole choosing your pet through skill points thing, which is annoying in its predictability. I kinda wish they would make it less straight cut as to what pet your going to get. I kinda like all the extras like going to school and such, I have pets and they don't do much then eat, sleep, and play. It's kinda fun to have a little simulated like person to control. It isn't all that serous I mean if your Tama doesn't get a job it's not like it will starve or something. It's all about as serous as you make it.

I still like v4-v4.5 but I hate that the characters you get are all based on your skill points and there are times when there are many times when you just dont feel like playin games but V3 really was the best. :p

I like V4, but V5 looks a bit O.T.T. for me. Cause in the Argos Catalogue, it said you care for 3 characters at once, is that true? If it is, it is putting me off a bit, because looking after one is sometimes hard enough if you are busy.

no, you have three characters but you take care of them all at once. (so if you select a meal and feed it, all three will eat at the same time)

right now I only have my v3 going, because of the reasons I stated in my previous post.

I personally don't like the 'controlling a little person' idea. Tamas were originally meant as pets, and I think that that's what they should always be.

I completely agree, I think that the tama v5 especially isn't fun. When I got it, it was quite a dissapointment. I wish that the tamas would stay away from the internet and that they were just more advanced with more characters and features...

maybe ask a friend if you could try theirs for one generation or two, and see how you like it. If you do, great, by it! If you don't- at least you saved yourself some money in not buying it.

If you don't have a friend to lend you one, or they won't let you... then I dunno. what do you like about the famitama, from what you've heard, what don't you like? Try weighing the two up, and see if it'd be worth it.

if you really can't decide, wait for a bit, see what more people say about them, and see if they get any cheaper. In germany, (that's where I live) after about... half a year tops, the price drops by about 5 euros.

I like the v4.5, but I don't like the v5. I liked the old features better-I don't get some of the games on the v5. So, for now, I have my v5 paused and I'm focusing on finding my 1st tama(v3) and my v4.5.

I agree with the points that Evumeimei made.

I wish the games were shorter, and the skill points didn't decide a cookie-cutter path towards which character you're going to get.

but I don't actually see my Tama character earning GP from the games themselves, I see it as me playing with them and earning money for them by playing games. After all, it is YOU who buys them stuff like toys and treats. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back