Who will get Nintendo DSi when it comes out

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm so sorry for spamming. i'm so so so so sorry. anyways i probaly will get if for ma birthday

That just looks stupid o.o Wooo... It has a camera. How special. That's about the only difference, and for $50 more?
I wont be buying one xP I already have a DS and a camera.
I agree but I think for some people it'll be handier than bringing a big chunky camera around.

Not buying it. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
im not sure if ill get one or not because its expensive but if i sell my ps2 and the games plus (im not sure if i have to do this) but ill sell some of my ds games

i might like it and i might not i need to check it out more :( :(

No. It's way too expensive. Besides my DS Lite is in perfect condition. And so is my camera and my voice recorder. Maybe in two or three years when I can get a used one for cheaper? I don't know. It looks cool but the no GBA slot kind of takes it down a few.

Since I'm lazy, I'll ask for one for my birthday.

I'm currently content enough with my current DS.

So I'll be my lazy self and wait a bajillion months xO

It depends. I know you can connect to the Nintendo Shop, but can you connect to the general Internet?

Because if you can connect to the Internet (Like on the iTouch), I may consider. Would be convient when I want to check my email, and when I'm on vacation and want to keep up with my roleplaying. :lol:

EDIT: It's disappointing that GBA games will not be compatible, but will old DS games still work?

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends. I know you can connect to the Nintendo Shop, but can you connect to the general Internet?
Because if you can connect to the Internet (Like on the iTouch), I may consider. Would be convient when I want to check my email, and when I'm on vacation and want to keep up with my roleplaying. ^_^

EDIT: It's disappointing that GBA games will not be compatible, but will old DS games still work?
^I think the DSi can connect to the Internet via WiFi without that program that people have to buy and slot into their DS. (But I'm not that sure. ^.^ ;)

And most of the old DS games would work on the DSi but some games like Guitar Hero or Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, you can't play them or the game loses functionality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I'm going to get one, since my ugly pink DS lite is partly broken. (The top screen is wacko and the microphone is stuffed.)

But I have tons of GBA games, and if my DS lite goes up in smoke or I trade it in, all my GBA games will be useless.

^I think the DSi can connect to the Internet via WiFi without that program that people have to buy and slot into their DS. (But I'm not that sure. ^.^ :furawatchi: And most of the old DS games would work on the DSi but some games like Guitar Hero or Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, you can't play them or the game loses functionality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I'm going to get one, since my ugly pink DS lite is partly broken. (The top screen is wacko and the microphone is stuffed.)

But I have tons of GBA games, and if my DS lite goes up in smoke or I trade it in, all my GBA games will be useless.
Just this post alone discouraged me from getting one.

But I'll keep it on my birthday list till I know of different things I want, because I am VERY content and can't think of anything I want even if I sit around for hours draining my head.

But yeah. I might just get one and keep my old DS as well.

^ I agree.

If I were to get one, I'd keep my DS Lite, and not trade it in. Why would I want a new system in which none of my current games function?

wow. sd card,camera,bright, internet,dsi-ware,downloads all that for $169.00. $40.00 more than DSLite. Cool

Not as soon as it comes out, but soon.

My DS screen is all wobbly, and I don't blame it. It's been dropped down stairs, thrown across fields, stood on, kicked around, used as a doorstop.. I could go on.

I think it's going to break soon. :[

So yes, I'll be getting it, sometime, not right now, not next year.. I think.

I still haven't gotten a Lite, and won't until my DS breaks.
My old DS (the original model) is still going strong, so there's no need for me to get a Lite or 'i. I saw on an advert that you can distort pictures, but when are you ever going to want to do that? If I wanted to take a picture of something, I would use my phone because the camera's good on that and it's A LOT more discreet than pulling out your DSi case and everything!! And also, is the camera decent?

Giraffagotchi

I would like it, but to be honest, I can't think of a reason to buy it. Most people already have a camera, and most people already have their own laptop. Surfing on the internet on a small Ds screen would be way to hard anyways. So to buy a new Ds for something you already have, I don't think it's worth it. That's my opinion ^-^.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back