Braces!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamalovr67

Reaction score
Ok so i am guessing some of you read my other recent topic about teeth pulling. Well, now i am here to talk about BRACES! I tried looking it up online but i just couldnt find it anywhere. So i am asking you tamatalkers. Have any of you had braces or have them now? And do they numb your teeth when they put them in. I have also read that they basically glue them on your teeth with wires. If so, then why do they hurt so much? Oh, and here is a fun one. What color are your braces? I am thinking to get mine bright green.

:D

P.S. I am getting them on tomorrow! :(

Hey Tama,

Well i have my braces right now and there BRIGHT GREEN! For me they didnt numb my teeth... i dont think they do that.All the other stuff you said is true BUT they staple and tighten the wire when they put them on which makes then really sore for a few weeks.

Im ten

I get mine off in November

I got them in June

I have them.

1. It doesn't numb your teeth

2. When they tighten them, it only hurts the first few times

3. After aout a year, they never hurt

All that is true, for me anyways. I've had them a little over a year and now, when they tighten them, it doesn't hurt AT ALL.

I'm getting them in a two weeks. I really hope I can sing with them on. I'm getting them in the least visible possible color, so probably an off-white, if possible.

Good luck with yours, TamaLovr67! :( I'm sorry I couldn't give a bit more advice, but I don't really know much about braces.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have them.
1. It doesn't numb your teeth

2. When they tighten them, it only hurts the first few times

3. After aout a year, they never hurt

All that is true, for me anyways. I've had them a little over a year and now, when they tighten them, it doesn't hurt AT ALL.
After a year it doesn't hurt?

I had mine for about 6 months, but they had such an improvement that I didn't need a retainer!

I was supposed to have it for 18 months, but I only got it one third of the time!

After a year it doesn't hurt?I had mine for about 6 months, but they had such an improvement that I didn't need a retainer!

I was supposed to have it for 18 months, but I only got it one third of the time!
Well most people think it's pain all the time for the next 1-2 years. Maybe even 3. But after about 4 months they stopped hurting when thy tightened them. Sure I'd feel the tighten, but it didn't hurt one bit. And after a year, for me, pain stopped completely.

When mine were tightened it felt like my tooth was getting twisted upside-down. I'm glad the torture is over.

Yea I have them. They didn't hurt when they put them on. Or when they tightened them. But for the first 5 days, it was the most painful experience in my LIFE. My teeth hurt so badly, I didn't eat or drink at all. It was positively terrible. And I would start bleeding whenever i talked for too long because it got caught on to my gum. If you get a flashlight and look into the back of my mouth you'll see little white scars everywhere my braces touch. But, I have some weird kind of braces, so that's not normal at all. Mine don't have colors, they're just metal.

I have braces, and they are the normal grayish kind.

It was uncomfortable to put these two big prongs in your mouth to hold it open, but you get used to it. Otherwise, it's perfectly find and doesn't hurt.

It feels very strange the first week or so....you're mouth isn't big enough to fit over the braces, and it's hard to eat. Plus, they don't look all that great with your teeth. But once you're teeth begin straightening they look alot better and suit your mouth ALOT more!

Good luck & I know you'll be fine. ;D

I recently got my braces. :eek: Well, a few weeks ago to be exact.

Mine is are dark blue. My teeth are getting used to them...slightly...so it doesn't hurt as much. But it still hurts. During the first few days my parents were worried I would get dehydrated (sp?) because I didn't drink very much and it was really hot in my city. Right now, I can drink but I still can't eat things that require very much chewing. So currently, eating an apple is a hard and painful experience. And kinda gross because most of the time I'll start bleeding. :angry:

Good luck with your braces! I hope yours don't hurt as much.

I have braces. They're red right now. =0 I know. Le' gasp.

They don't hurt when they put them on, it just feels weird. After a week or two you should be used to them. They aren't too bad. the only thing I hate about mine are the fact that my wire sticks out 1/2 the time and my braces are always cutting my gum.

x___x;;

Last edited by a moderator:
I have them

If you can get teeth pulled, you can get braces. My teeth are so crooked, so it hurts. It probably wont hurt as much for you.

I had them since Jan. 29. I chew gum, eats nuts, all that stuff they tell you NOT to do. Its fine for me. It doesnt break my wire :unsure:

You have to brush your teeth alot. And you have to chew things up more.

I like them =]. Good luck!

I have braces :eek: They're a hot pink right now, lol. They don't numb your teeth, there really isn't a reason to.They just put some glue on your teeth and put the braces on. For the first few days, your teeth will be VERY sore, and you won't be able to eat right because it hurts so much. But after about 3 days, it gets better :unsure:

wearing braces was no problem for me. i still wear them now and have worn them for about a year. i'm probably gonna have them removed on the 28th. like others have said, they don't numb your gums because since they glue your braces on your teeth, you don't feel any pain. sometimes your mouth and gums might be a little (or very) sore and it might bleed a little but you will soon get used to it. for this reason, dentists give you dental wax which you will have to apply on your braces to relieve your soreness. they also give you various different kinds of dental floss and tooth brushes. food will also get stuck betwween your braces so you will constantly have to brush your teeth. you will also be unable to eat nuts, caramel, popcorn, apples or chew on gum. my braces are normal and i have broken them once (and almost swallowed) it when i ate a lot of potato chips at once.

I have braces. I got another year to go. >< They're black and white right now! Soon to be black and red.

Once you get them in, you just have to get used to the feeling of metal in your mouth. And LOTS of Tylenol painkillers. xD You get used to the feeling after a few days and the only times they'll hurt is whenyou first get them on, and when you get them tightened. Other than that, they don't hurt. Plus if you get the springy things or rubber bands like I have, you can play music! x3 I could play the South Park theme song (or at least some of it) on my rubber bands. xD

i've never been to the denist in my entire life, my parents don't really care about that.

so i'm not sure if i need 'em or not. my teeth aren't perfect but they're ok, and my dad wouldn't pay the money either.

my friend has 'em though she said she doesn't like 'em. but they come off in december i think. her's are black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back