Braces!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=7pt]My mother is a dental hygenist. She's had braces before, and she says they don't hurt. You have to be careful what you eating though, because it gets stuck and its hard to get it out.[/SIZE]

When I got my braces off everyone at school keeps asking, Nikki is there something different about you??? and I say yes! and I smile! So they say Ohhh you got your braces off. Beautiful smile by the way!! Lol. Like thats the only pretty thing about me. Its the teeth lol.And thats it. My P.E. teacher came up and said, Did you get your braces off?? And this lunch teacher whos really nice and funny came up to me and said theres something different about you! And i told her. And she said, I got mine off too! High Five! So we high fived! LOL.

I'm getting braces in 3 days and I'm quite anxious. But tons of people at my school have them, so at least there's one thing I don't need to worry about and that's teasing :rolleyes:

*removed*

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is everyones posts being removed?! And no I've never had braces good luck with them.

Edit: TamaMum (for info)

Posts are edited to removed rudeness and inappropriate behaviour on the forums.

If your reply does not break the site rules it can stay.

We expect every member to remember that if they want to express their opinion they should make sure it is expressed in a polite, respectful way - or don't bother to reply....

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my braces yesterday.

They didn't hurt much when they got on. But now for some reason every time my teeth contact with something with pressure (like biting, brushing) it hurts so much it makes me scream! :D So I can't have any food that requires chewing, only soup and noodles and porridge. Will this eventually go away?

I just got my braces yesterday.They didn't hurt much when they got on. But now for some reason every time my teeth contact with something with pressure (like biting, brushing) it hurts so much it makes me scream! ;) So I can't have any food that requires chewing, only soup and noodles and porridge. Will this eventually go away?
Yes - it will go away.

It takes your teeth a few days to get accustomed to the braces and being pulled into new positions. Whilst they are getting used to it, you will feel pain and will find it more comfortable to eat soft foods.

Most people find that the pain decreases over a couple of days.

i think im going to have to get them :( :( :( :( :( !but i dont want to :'(

i think im going to have to get them :( :( :( :( :( !but i dont want to :'(
Eh, look at the bright side.

It's a temporary nuisance to having good teeth.

Just remember to wear your retainer(s) after you get them off. I made the stupid mistake of not wearing them and my teeth shifted back to how they used to be >.<

Never had braces, and I probably won't ever need them.

Lots of my friends have them or are getting them shortly.

I'm guessing i'll get them, but not anytime soon. xP

Cecib :(

when i got them on they didnt hurt, so i felt like i was on top of the world because i thought that all of the people who told me said that it killed lied, later i tried to eat a cookie, but i couldnt bite, so for the next few days, it even hurt when i ate yogurt!!! if you have brothers,DONT get bright green!!!!!!!!!!!!, oh and when you get your braces in bring an extra shirt, because they put something on your lips to keep your mouth open for like, 2 hours, and you cant swallow so you drool all over your shirt XP

Ok so i am guessing some of you read my other recent topic about teeth pulling. Well, now i am here to talk about BRACES! I tried looking it up online but i just couldnt find it anywhere. So i am asking you tamatalkers. Have any of you had braces or have them now? And do they numb your teeth when they put them in. I have also read that they basically glue them on your teeth with wires. If so, then why do they hurt so much? Oh, and here is a fun one. What color are your braces? I am thinking to get mine bright green. :D

P.S. I am getting them on tomorrow! :D
I have braces right now, and have had them since about May 2007. Like everyone else, they really hurt for a day or two, but if they hurt for almost a week like they did for me, see your orthodontist. He or she may have tightened them a little too much. Repeat for every time you get your braces tightened (like how I did yesterday - ugh)

Why not get bright green?

When I get them, I am gonna get orange and glow in the dark.

Cecib ^_^

My braces are probably the most painful thing I've ever experienced in my life. They destroyed the side of my cheek, I can run my tongue along there and I feel all bumps and tough skin, the scars I have. The last time I got my braces tightened I didn't eat for 49 hours it hurt so bad. I know my experience differs from others. It also made singing in choir very difficult, because it's constantly changing the shape of my mouth so I have to relearn to sing over and over again. SOMETIMES I JUST WANNA RIP THEM OUT! *I've made several attempts in the past*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back