Braces!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so i am guessing some of you read my other recent topic about teeth pulling. Well, now i am here to talk about BRACES! I tried looking it up online but i just couldnt find it anywhere. So i am asking you tamatalkers. Have any of you had braces or have them now? And do they numb your teeth when they put them in. I have also read that they basically glue them on your teeth with wires. If so, then why do they hurt so much? Oh, and here is a fun one. What color are your braces? I am thinking to get mine bright green. :(

P.S. I am getting them on tomorrow! :p
i had braces. i got them off in january :]

they glue the brackets onto your teeth. the reason why your mouth will hurt is because the wires they put on the brackets have to be tightened to move your teeth around. you will probably feel discomfort for a few days at first, and every time they get adjusted, but it goes away once your teeth adjust too.

i used to get all kinds of colors. haha. my favorite was glow in the dark! for holidays, i would do colors too. red and green for christmas, red, white, and blue for july 4th, green for st. patrick's day, blue and yellow for easter, red, pink, and white for valentine's day, and orange and black for halloween. it's kinda fun haha but you have to do your planning right since you'll probably only get checkups once every month or so.

well good luck with the teeth :]

mine came out great, so i'm sure yours will too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my braces January 3rd :angry:

They're not the kind with colored elastics or any color whatsoever, its this new type that dosent use elastics, the way they tighten them it taking off the wire and putting on a different sized one. Its hard to explain :p

Anyways, the first day I got them on I had to go to school right after, it hurt SO bad! It felt like my teeth were being ripped out of my mouth and it tore my gums. After the frst few days they stop hurting and you dont even nottice their there until the occasional time your lips and cheeks get caught on them, and the more they tighten them the more you get used to it so eventually it dosent really hurt anymore.

Edit:

and I forgot to mention, when they put them on they dont freeze them as it dosent involve them doing anything painful, all they do is put this thing in your mouth that moves your lips away and glue them on xD No pain involved. Until a few hours later when they start working :angry:

:huh: My friend got braces yesterday, and she said that they didn't numb her teeth. But she also mentioned that she didn't have any real pain until a few hours later. Her braces are coral and pink!

I'm sure you'll do fine. :huh: Ooh, and great color choice. Bright green rocks!

Love,

CB

Ok so I got them on Tuesday. It didn't hurt when I got them in. But they are not on the front of my teeth. I have an over bight which is why I had my teeth removed. Well they put braces on my tooth after the canine i think. and to my last moler. Then they put whitish stuff on my moler. They also gave me this thing( I don't know if normal braces have them) I cant take it off and it is a long wire behind my bottom and top teeth. Exept on my top they put it close to my throat and when I would talk my tongue would come up. Then I would gag. I EVEN MISSED THE FIRST DAY OF MIDDLE SCHOOL TODAY because whenever I would get in the car I would gag. Does anyone else have this?

Ok so i am guessing some of you read my other recent topic about teeth pulling. Well, now i am here to talk about BRACES! I tried looking it up online but i just couldnt find it anywhere. So i am asking you tamatalkers. Have any of you had braces or have them now? And do they numb your teeth when they put them in. I have also read that they basically glue them on your teeth with wires. If so, then why do they hurt so much? Oh, and here is a fun one. What color are your braces? I am thinking to get mine bright green. :D

P.S. I am getting them on tomorrow! :p
Yes, I do have braces. No, they did not numb my teeth when they put them in. They give you these little tablets that you are supposed to take, though, that make it easier for them to put your braces in because the tablets make it so you don't have as much spit production.

The reason they hurt is because when you first get your braces, they are shifting your teeth. Which hurts, because it's like getting your nose slowly pulled across your face or something (sorry, that's the best analogy I could come up with :p ). They really only hurt for about four days after you get them. Then they don't hurt at all. Your teeth might hurt for a day or so every time you get them tightened, but mine never did. They hurt the most because the first few days you have your braces is the time when your teeth move the most.

My braces are just a normal silver color; I have a type where they don't have the little bands in the brackets so I can't have colors.

Nevermind :p You already got them. But still, good luck with them and I hope the gagging stops soon.

i hav perfect teeth so i dont know what its like having braces :eek:

does it hurt????

So weird how your bringing that up :p I'm getting them on the 27th of August :ichigotchi: I'm excited :kuribotchi:

Ummm... well... I don't exactly HAVE braces, so I don't know what it's like having braces. But I'll give my boyfriends explanation of having braces (he has them. I forgot what the colors his are though...).

He says that you'll feel pain. A lot of pain. He said when he got them on, it felt like they took a jackhammer and smashed all his teeth :hitodetchi: . Poor guy. I'm pretty sure it feels that way when you get them tightened as well.

I'm getting braces as well. I'm so afraid I'll be made fun of... *shutters* I can't imagine what kind of humiliation I'll feel when that happens...

I have only four brackets on my top teeth, because they have to push them forward. I'm getting a full mouth set soon, before October. THe day I got them, they didn't hurt at all, but the next day they really hurt. A couple days after that, they were fine. Just... don't eat Doritos the first day after getting them.

I'm not getting braces. But if I did, I wouldn't mind! My parents say they look ugly, but personally, theyre actually kinda cool!
Your parents dont want you to get braces because they look ugly!?!?!?!?

Why does it matter what they look like? They straighten your teeth! :)

I had normal uncolored ones. They only hurt a tiny bit at first, and they DONT numb your teeth.

I think the idea of having colored braces is a bit gross..no offence..but it makes you always look like you have food in your teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back