Welcome Obama!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meowbark

September 2008 Contest Winner
Reaction score
As of 12 PM, EST/11 AM CST, Bush is out of office. Welcoming Barack Obama!

Did anyone else watch the Inauguration in class/work/home? I thought Obama had a great speech!

I watched it at school in the auditorium.

It was boring!

Did you here him mess up when he was doing his oath? He really didn't mess up! My teacher said the guy how was reading it said it wrong. Obama started it, and then the guy said it again correctly. If Obama did mess it up, people would haunt him and tease him all his life!

Anyway, it was boring!

I watched the Inauguration in school. We watched untill his speech, was over. About 5th through 6th period.

My friends and I almost died when they announced Yo-Yo Ma the Cello player xDD

I watched it. He did mess up at the oath. People are already picking on him about that. ]x

I cracked up too when they said Yo Yo Ma. xDD

I did not see it, because:

1st of all: I am Canadian

secondly: I would be at school, and my elementary school doesn't have an auditorium -_- neither would we watch his inaugrigation, because well... we're kind of not American :p

But I really want to see it! I think that he is so much better than George Bush.. George Bush ruined our world in the last years B)

But Obama will make CHANGE, like he said! =P =P (ps, i really want to see his oath ^.^)

You beat me to making this topic. xP

Yeah, we had to watch it in school. His speech was good not that I really payed all that much attention but still. I thought it was "cute" in a sense when he messed up the oath.

I didn't find the speech boring, I found it actually pretty good.

My class cracked up when the old man started saying "Brown can stay around" and all that x3

I didn't find the speech boring, I found it actually pretty good.
My class cracked up when the old man started saying "Brown can stay around" and all that x3
now I really want to see it! :D :D

they'll play tons of reruns of it though, right?

usually the people who don't find it boring, really care about what people are gonna do to the country, and how it can change, and how amazing it is when yet another president is standing in the same place, making their speech to change the world.. =D (not tht the others don't, they just have different ways of expressing their care:p)

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the Inauguration in school. We watched untill his speech, was over. About 5th through 6th period.
My friends and I almost died when they announced Yo-Yo Ma the Cello player xDD
I watched it too.

I LOL'd when that guy pronounced Sasha's name. xDD "Sashha"

My sister thought his name was Yo Yo Ma Ma. xDD

It was funny when he messed up.

I know what kind of Clarinet that guy was playing, its a LeBlanc. <3

I watched it in class. I was also in a play about the Presidents and First Ladies today.

I almost fell asleep listening to the speech. xD I was tired at that time...I had been baking under stage lights x.x

I watched it in class.

When they told everyone to stand up, we stood up.

My class went wild when he finished stating the oath.

To make it even better, it got me out of a French test :)

It wasn't THAT boring. And I'm glad Bush is going bye bye. Lol.
Why are you glad? I'm really interested why people hate Bush so much.

I'd love to hear you guys' reasons of why Bush has been so terrible.

Anyway - My school had it running but something happened and it froze up and then I had to go to lunch.

My mom who saw part of it told me about the little thing with the brown with stay around, yellows will mellow, white will do what's right and THAT is just one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard, outside of things Obama and Biden and the like have said. SERIOUSLY - "WHITE WILL DO WHAT'S RIGHT"?? That is a bunch of bull. Who's the racist now? :/

And the whole crowd booing and singing at Bush was not only disrespectful but utterly un-American. I bet you they couldn't even tell you a reason why he was 'so terrible' except for just say 'cus he was just bad, look at the economy and everything is his fault' but have no back up.

I will RESPECT my new president because I believe in the peaceful transfer of power - unlike some of the ridiculous lefties that bashed and scapegoated Bush the entire time. You don't have to agree with him, but come on, act like an American for goodness sake. [Just to be clear, I don't mean YOU YOU who is reading this post, lol, but just in general]

I just can't wait till this hype is over and we get to work. He hasn't even done anything yet.

[SIZE=7pt]@Tamaw/pants[/SIZE]

It wasn't Obama who said that about the colours, and I don't find anything wrong with saying "White will do whats right" (Though that wasn't exactly what he said, I don't believe)

What else would he say, what rhymes with white?

"White will not fight" Well, thats even worse

"White will not lose sight" That makes no sense. :)

And, I think for the reasons people hate Bush are as follows

-He started and participated in wars, and no one likes them ):

- Many of the things he said came off as him sounding un-educated, like how in Mexico they speak Mexican

and much more, though I'm not American, I try to follow American Politics as best I can.

Anyway, Yes, though I live in Canada, I made my teacher let us watch it ;D It was amazing !

EDIT: I asked some kids who were booing at Bush to give me exact reasons why he was bad. They were like, "Because he is bad!" I asked for one reason why, again. "Because he does bad things!" Then I gave them a look of superiority and said, "If you're going to talk to me like a brainwashed communist I'm not gonna argue with you." They gave me the look. They had absolutely no idea what I had said. That... Is not supprising. Bush was pretty cool. A lot of people thought he was dumb cause he was a redneck or something, because he's from Texas. I was kind of insulted, but it was funny in a way. Ignorance is like a disease these days, huh?

We had to watch it in our classes. My TX History teacher gave us a speech on how this is a big step for the world and she started crying about how terrible racism towards blacks is. We all took it as an oppertunity to text our friends.

In choir, my director was excited, because he said that this was like sticking up our middle finger to (quote on quote) "Stupid Europeans who think they're better than us." Gawd I love him. xD

[SIZE=7pt]@Tamaw/pants[/SIZE]
It wasn't Obama who said that about the colours, and I don't find anything wrong with saying "White will do whats right" (Though that wasn't exactly what he said, I don't believe)

What else would he say, what rhymes with white?

"White will not fight" Well, thats even worse

"White will not lose sight" That makes no sense. :)

And, I think for the reasons people hate Bush are as follows

-He started and participated in wars, and no one likes them ):

- Many of the things he said came off as him sounding un-educated, like how in Mexico they speak Mexican

and much more, though I'm not American, I try to follow American Politics as best I can.

Anyway, Yes, though I live in Canada, I made my teacher let us watch it ;D It was amazing !
I know Obama didn't say that - And okay he said "white can do what is right," I just heard that replayed. That's not in anyway racial to you after talking about in that past how black and Indian people were mistreated ["brown will stick around.. red will get ahead.."]? Sure, it was wrong for people to mistreat others no matter it's a black, white, red, whatever but we have been, well MOST of us, are past that now. In general white people aren't racist how we are made out to be - most of the white people are over it but it seems like some of these people like this man are obviously not.

Started a war? We were bombed in 9/11. Actually, the whole "Bush is stupid" came from the media. He had some interesting mannerisms but Bush is not an idiot. Again, it came from that media propaganda who scapegoat him. It's ridiculous.

Ignorance is like a disease these days, huh?
Very much so.

[SIZE=7pt]@Tama/Pants[/SIZE]

Really, I see what you mean, and I respect your opinion, but what about "Yellow will be mellow" or something along those lines, why doesn't anyone find something wrong/racist with that?

I know the USA was bombed in 9/11 but in generally, I think people dislike Bush for his war related habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back