Welcome Obama!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't watch the speech, didn't get to. I might have to YouTube it too.

From what you guys said, it ought to be pretty impressive.

I saw the speech today on youtube!

I didn't find it boring, I thought that he was really good. He's not too strict, and he's not too laid back or anything. (well I guess you wouldn't expect the president to be laid back, really...) he had a lot of good thngs to say, I think that he's going to do a really good job. ;)

did you know that Obama used to do cochane, heroine, and crack? (but that was because he couldn't see his parents, he was the only black person he knew, and his family was falling apart)..

I am ecstatic.

I'm not even sure why I chose this election to be so involved in. It's the first year I've actually given a care about what happens to my country.

I agreed with Obama on everything he has said so far, and I have high hopes that he can fulfil his promises.

I do believe in him --- Even if you didn't approve of him being elected, he's the leader of my country and it'd be your best idea to believe in him too.

If you don't, too bad, you're in for a hellish four years.

Yes.

We.

Did.

<3

Last edited by a moderator:
Every school our state probably watched it lol. Our whole school watched it in their classes. We have this Apple t.v. screens in each and every room. Some classes watched the ceremony on the T.V. itself. Our class listened to it on the radio. Everyone thinks Obama messed up. It was seriously the other dude. Its cause he's not used to talking in public. I don't blame him though. You would be nervous too if you were swearing in the next president.

When I first heard of Yo YO Ma i thought it was a rapper...And the poet was annoying..she sounded like a robot...

...did you know that Obama used to do cochane, heroine, and crack? (but that was because he couldn't see his parents, he was the only black person he knew, and his family was falling apart)..
uh... say what???

Where did you hear or read that?

Please provide us with the link to the info :mellow:

(otherwise, that's just a nasty rumour isn't it...?)

Edit: Don't misunderstand me :)

I'm not saying you're lying... I just want to see proof of where you got this info since you are posting it on the forums like it is truth rather than gossip.

uh... say what???
Where did you hear or read that?

Please provide us with the link to the info :mellow:

(otherwise, that's just a nasty rumour isn't it...?)

Edit: Don't misunderstand me :)

I'm not saying you're lying... I just want to see proof of where you got this info since you are posting it on the forums like it is truth rather than gossip.
well actually a kid in my class did a biography on him yesterday. He's a really smart person, so I don't think he's lying...

but I found a link: https://www.iht.com/articles/2006/10/24/news/dems.php the boy in my class said that it was for really personal reasons, he couldn't see his parents, he got teased because he was black, and thre was something tragic that happened about his parents when e was teenager.. I don't remember what he said exactly.

But I know for sure that Obama smokes, because I saw him being interiewed on the Ellen show :)

... but that doesn't mean he won't be a good president, I still think he's doing very well so far

well actually a kid in my class did a biography on him yesterday. He's a really smart person, so I don't think he's lying...
I just read through that link you gave from the International Herald Tribune article (written back in 2006)...

where does it say that Obama "used to do heroin, cocaine and crack" as you suggest... exactly..?

All I can see is one section that says:

... written in his first book, "Dreams From My Father" (1995), before entering politics, that he had used marijuana and cocaine ("maybe a little blow"). He said he had not tried heroin...
that is hardly the same thing... it's just how rumours start :mellow:

I think if you are going to say something like that, please be accurate...?

actually I have a more accurate link to him related to drugs. read the "early life and career" section and it'll explain what he used and why. xxxxxxxxxxx

i don't think jamie_rocks was wrong, just kinda surfed the net a bit and clicked the first page that came..

actually I have a more accurate link to him related to drugs. read the "early life and career" section and it'll explain what he used and why.  xxxxxxxxxxx
i don't think jamie_rocks was wrong, just kinda surfed the net a bit and clicked the first page that came..
Thanks for the link ^_^

That wiki link says

...He wrote that he used alcohol, marijuana, and cocaine during his teenage years
I will just point out again, that all I am asking is where does it say that Obama "used to do heroin, cocaine and crack" as suggested in the previous post.

I don't dispute that he has used drugs - I am simply saying that the way it was phrased was misleading and inaccurate. The kind of statement that leads to gossip which is then circulated as "fact".

well I guess it may very well be just a rumor then.. sorry about the inaccurate post ^_^

I think we should just let it go as a rumor and continue on.. it might be possible, it might not.

I watched the inauguration three more times today, and I've got two copies of his speech.

I don't know about anyone else, but I found it much more than exciting.

I watched the inauguration and I thought Obama's speech was very very good..I cannot believe John Roberts, the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court , messed up the oath. It's okay though because Obama redid it. haha but I'm glad we have a new person in office!

I am 100% republican plus if you want to talk politics I'm free!

Bush is a good man and I miss him. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back