Maria&Co.

How to change or influence which family group a child evolves into on the V4?

12 hours ago, tamaninjacat said:

I was a little busy the past couple of days and I'm terrible at the dance mini game, so I fed him a lot of snacks instead.

I don't blame you, I'm not that great at the dance game, either :P

Anyway, I have a couple updates today...

Jim's daughter, whom I named Evie, evolved into Harutchi as I expected. I've been trying to take perfect care of her, never letting her happy or hungry hearts drop too low. I'm also avoiding the mail.
Cal's daughter, whom I named Daisy, evolved into Puchitchi, which I was NOT expecting. At least now I'll get to see what giving Puchitchi two care mistakes will do, without first having to wait several more generations :)

(In unrelated news, I had an Ichigotchi evolve into Debatchi with four care mistakes on my pink V2. I thought that would be enough to get a Tier 4 or Tier 5 adult, but apparently not :P)

• Like 4

By the way, I almost forgot, here's the original .ods file for the spreadsheet that was requested. While .ods files are native to open-source spreadsheet software (which is what I use), they can also be opened in Microsoft Excel, so hopefully you won't have any problems opening it either way. I updated the spreadsheet to include Evie (Test H4) and Daisy (Test P3). You can request an updated version of this sheet at any time in the future, too.

Log.ods

Edited by Hohotchi-HO7
Fixed some typos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you! I use OpenOffice, so it's not a problem for me :)

Anyway, I have a bit of an update: I accidentally gave Evie a time-out because I had just sent her to preschool and didn't notice the heart icon was still selected...I meant to check her stats, but didn't notice I had selected the discipline icon until it was too late :( The same Tama gave me the "dead battery" screen just a couple minutes after, though, so it probably hardly matters anyway... Evie is going to evolve later than she was supposed to now, so I'll have to wait a bit longer to update on the situation. All I can do is hope she will evolve into Young Mimitchi :unsure:

UPDATE: Daisy and Evie both evolved into Ringotchi. Which I was not expecting of either of them; I gave Daisy the two care mistakes, and I took perfect care of Evie...but they both still evolved into Ringotchi anyway. I was kind of happy in Daisy's case, but not in Evie's case.

In Daisy's case, it makes me think Puchitchi's evolution is more random than anything. In Evie's case, the dead battery must have influenced it. Which, if so, is EXTREMELY annoying as it basically punished me over something I had no control over! The Version 4.5 doesn't do that...

Edited by Maria&Co.
Editing to avoid posting twice in a row.
  • Like 4

Interesting on your results. They certainly bring a twist! I actually wonder if Puchitchi's evolutions are a combination of care and randomness. Perhaps, for example, Puchitchi may evolve into either a Mame or Meme teen with 0-2 care mistakes, but lesser care can only bring Meme teens. Have you ever gotten any Mame teens from Puchitchi with bad care in the past? It might be a good avenue to test Puchitchi with more care mistakes (all three of our Puchitchi tests so far had only 0-2 of them). If we see Mame teens even with a high number of care mistakes, this might mean that care mistakes don't influence evolution at all. There are a lot of possibilities!

Too bad with Evie; luckily, if you marry her to a Mame partner and she has a daughter, you can try again next generation if you feel like it!

In other news, Mewtwo and Amber were married today, and had two baby boys. They will be my next test subjects over the next week or so. Unfortunately I do have to go on a long trip for a few days over the week, so they will spend this time paused at home. So their growth will be delayed, but I'll report back eventually!

• Like 4

I've got some exciting news about Spyro's child! I married him to a Masktchi and he had a baby girl (Lapis) that evolved into a Mohitamatchi! I was honestly expecting her to evolve into a Mizutamatchi (or at least a Puchitchi) but this is a welcomed surprise. I want to aim for a Nikatchi, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

On 2/26/2020 at 6:24 PM, Maria&Co. said:

MOHITAMATCHI
Evolves into Young Kuchipatchi and Young Dorotchi with 0-4 care mistakes.

(Evolves into HinoTamatchi and Ichigotchi under the same circumstances Harutchi evolves into Ringotchi and (likely) Young Androtchi.)

"Evolves into Hinotamatchi and Ichigotchi if its happy hearts drop to 1 heart at any point, but are filled before it makes an attention call."

Based off these parameters, how much neglect is enough for Nikatchi, but not so much that she evolves into Ichigotchi? How many training calls should I miss, but not so many that she evolves into Hawaikotchi?

I'm thinking maybe five care mistakes (just outside of the 0-4 needed for good care Kuchi teens) and one/two missed training calls. Let me know what you guys think the best course of action is for raising her.^_^

Universal [Debatchi] + Universal [Masktchi]= Mohitamatchi

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, tamaninjacat said:

I've got some exciting news about Spyro's child! I married him to a Masktchi and he had a baby girl (Lapis) that evolved into a Mohitamatchi! I was honestly expecting her to evolve into a Mizutamatchi (or at least a Puchitchi) but this is a welcomed surprise.

Congrats! I had a feeling marrying two Universal adults would result in MohiTamatchi; based on my experience with marrying a V4 to other versions, MohiTamatchi seems to be the "default" child character on the V4 (the "default" child character on the V4.5 seems to be Tamatchi). Uh...I hope that makes sense :P

24 minutes ago, tamaninjacat said:

Based off these parameters, how much neglect is enough for Nikatchi, but not so much that she evolves into Ichigotchi? How many training calls should I miss, but not so many that she evolves into Hawaikotchi?

I'm thinking maybe five care mistakes (just outside of the 0-4 needed for good care Kuchi teens) and one/two missed training calls. Let me know what you guys think the best course of action is for raising her.^_^

I would definitely say five care mistakes, as that's the requirement for Kuribotchi to evolve into Boxertchi and Yakantchi on the V4.5. I wouldn't risk intentionally missing any training calls. I'm honestly not sure if that affects anything -- other than obtaining certain Universal characters -- but regardless, I wouldn't risk it for the possibility of obtaining Hawaikotchi.

Personal update, Daisy evolved into Maidtchi today and I plan on marrying her to a Kuchi adult once she's able to. Then (assuming the child evolves into MohiTamatchi, which I mean...it should) I'll be able to try the five care mistakes to see if I get Oniontchi or Nikatchi.
Evie evolved into Mimitchi, but I plan on marrying her to another Mame adult so I get Harutchi again; if it's a boy, I'll try three care mistakes to see if that turns Harutchi into the Meme family. If it's a girl, I will take P E R F E C T care of her, not letting A N Y care slips occur, and since I just recently changed the battery and it hasn't faltered since yesterday afternoon, I shouldn't have any issues with that...I hope.

Anyway, good luck with Lapis! I hope she evolves into Nikatchi!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Maria&Co. said:

I wouldn't risk intentionally missing any training calls. I'm honestly not sure if that affects anything -- other than obtaining certain Universal characters -- but regardless, I wouldn't risk it for the possibility of obtaining Hawaikotchi.

That's probably the best thing to do for her. This will also give us a more controlled test where we're only testing one care variable at a time. You're probably right about the training just being for Universal characters, so it might just be best to avoid purposely lowering it in any of our experiments for now. I only assumed it had influence because of the previous versions.:P Daisy's child will definitely be helpful in this case. 

Also, good luck with Evie's child! I'm exciting to see what you find out no matter if it's a boy or a girl.^_^

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I gave Lapis five care mistakes today, but she still evolved into Young Dorotchi. She currently has three training bars which I think means I missed a training call, but that likely doesn't matter. Here are some recommendations for future trials/what I think might have gone wrong in this one.

1. Despite the care mistakes, I left her stats too high. I got all of her care mistakes through hunger (I'm being extra vigilant of skill points after Spyro), but I kept her happy hearts super high. Then, after she got the five care mistakes, I took near perfect care of her. Five might be the right number, but maybe you need to keep their stats super low otherwise (nothing above two hearts).
  2. More care mistakes are needed. We can try ramping up the number of care mistakes until one of us gets a Nikatchi/Oniontchi or a Universal teen, which ever comes first. 

I'm open for any ideas, so let me know what you guys think we should try next with Mohitamatchi.^_^ 

Edited by tamaninjacat
I've got an update and I want to avoid a double post.
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2020 at 2:36 AM, tamaninjacat said:

I gave Lapis five care mistakes today, but she still evolved into Young Dorotchi.

That's very odd! It may also prove my theory that all the Kuchi teens are considered "bad care".

Despite the care mistakes, I left her stats too high. I got all of her care mistakes through hunger (I'm being extra vigilant of skill points after Spyro), but I kept her happy hearts super high. Then, after she got the five care mistakes, I took near perfect care of her. Five might be the right number, but maybe you need to keep their stats super low otherwise (nothing above two hearts).

Hmm...that may be. Just two days ago, I had a Kuribotchi evolve into Boxertchi with three care mistakes but sloppy overall care, so maybe keeping the stats low does play a factor in obtaining the "bad care" teens. On the other hand, I've obtained Obotchi twice by keeping the stats very low on average, so I'm not quite sure.

It's also possible that a variety in the type of care mistakes is required. Like on the V2, I've seen giving Propellertchi three care mistakes for empty happy hearts result in Dorotchi, a Tier 3/average adult. While giving Ichigotchi four care mistakes, two for empty hungry hearts and two for empty happy hearts, resulted in Debatchi, a Tier 2/above average adult. (I guess that's kind of the reverse of what's going on here, but you get the point)

More care mistakes are needed. We can try ramping up the number of care mistakes until one of us gets a Nikatchi/Oniontchi or a Universal teen, which ever comes first.

That's the most likely possibility if you ask me. I'm going to try six care mistakes the next time I get MohiTamatchi or MizuTamatchi to see if that works.

Daisy the Maidtchi should be able to marry later today; hopefully she's offered a Kuchi adult today so I can speed things up a bit!
(As for Evie...she gave me the dead battery screen AGAIN today even though I changed the battery less than a week ago :angry: My Black Spark V4 is being VERY difficult lately...)

Edited by Maria&Co.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Maria&Co. said:

(As for Evie...she gave me the dead battery screen AGAIN today even though I changed the battery less than a week ago :angry: My Black Spark V4 is being VERY difficult lately...)

If this is an old and well-used unit, have you tried to VERY carefully bend the battery contacts back up with a small flat-head screwdriver? I noticed that you mentioned this issue in your log, too, and I'm wondering if it's erroneously telling you that you need to change the battery because it's not making proper contact and is therefore thinking that the voltage is dropping off when it actually isn't, or something of that nature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Penguin-keeper said:

If this is an old and well-used unit, have you tried to VERY carefully bend the battery contacts back up with a small flat-head screwdriver? I noticed that you mentioned this issue in your log, too, and I'm wondering if it's erroneously telling you that you need to change the battery because it's not making proper contact and is therefore thinking that the voltage is dropping off when it actually isn't, or something of that nature.

I guess it's kind of old and well-used, but confusingly my chocolate argyle V4.5 is more so and I haven't had any battery problems with it.

I took a look at the battery contact, and it was nearly flat! I bent it up a tiny bit with a small flat-head screwdriver as you suggested, but it will take a bit to see if it actually worked or not. Thanks in advance!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Maria&Co. said:

I took a look at the battery contact, and it was nearly flat! I bent it up a tiny bit with a small flat-head screwdriver as you suggested, but it will take a bit to see if it actually worked or not. Thanks in advance!

No problem! Good luck, and I hope that this is all that it is. :)

For what it's worth, I'm not too surprised that you found that it was flat. :lol: A running change in the materials used for the V4.5 might explain why you haven't experienced similar with that one, I would guess.

• Like 4

Hi! It's been a while, but I have some updates. Mewtwo and Amber left their babies and both just evolved into the Child stage. Metwtwo's son, who I called Mewthree, surprised me greatly by becoming a MohiTamatchi, despite having no Kuchi genes whatsoever! Fuji, Amber's son, became a slightly more predictable MizuTamatchi. I didn't take perfect care of them (their hungry & happy hearts dropped to 2 once) so maybe that's why they got these results.

On 3/6/2020 at 3:10 AM, Maria&Co. said:

I'm going to try six care mistakes the next time I get MohiTamatchi or MizuTamatchi to see if that works.

Since I have both of those now, I perhaps I can try this trick with both of them! I'll also have their hearts fairly low (maybe up to three maximum, to avoid Obotchi?), which may be a factor, as tamaninjacat pointed out. Hopefully, this will get me Oniontchi with Mewthree and a Kuchi teen with Fuji! I'll update in a day or two.

• Like 4

On 3/6/2020 at 10:19 PM, Hohotchi-HO7 said:

Hi! It's been a while, but I have some updates. Mewtwo and Amber left their babies and both just evolved into the Child stage. Metwtwo's son, who I called Mewthree, surprised me greatly by becoming a MohiTamatchi, despite having no Kuchi genes whatsoever! Fuji, Amber's son, became a slightly more predictable MizuTamatchi. I didn't take perfect care of them (their hungry & happy hearts dropped to 2 once) so maybe that's why they got these results.

I've obtained MohiTamatchi nearly every time I've married a Mame and Meme adult by connection, so that's not at all surprising to me :) I think the stats dropping is why it happens.

Anyway, I have an update. Remember Daisy the Maidtchi? Well, she married a Tarakotchi via the matchmaker. I named her son Rick, and he evolved into MizuTamatchi. I fell asleep for about a half hour while he was a baby, and when I woke up, his hungry hearts were empty and there were three poos on the screen. So that probably explains why he didn't evolve into MohiTamatchi as I have every other time I've married a Mame adult to a Kuchi adult.

Anyway, I gave him six care mistakes over the course of yesterday (three from hunger, three from unhappiness). I didn't miss a single training call, though. And somehow, someway, he evolved into Young Kuchipatchi just now! I was a little shocked, but also a bit amused at the same time.

I guess we're going to have to try something else to get Oniontchi and Nikatchi. My next best guess is seven or eight care mistakes, but that's probably too strenuous. Keeping the stats fairly low may also play a part in it, as @tamaninjacat theorized. I was going to marry Evie the Mimitchi to another Mame adult to try for Harutchi, but now I think I'm going to marry her to a Kuchi adult to get MohiTamatchi so I can try for Oniontchi/Nikatchi again.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Evie the Mimitchi finally married a couple days ago, but I wasn't able to marry her to a Mame adult. I feared that if I waited any longer, she would evolve into a senior because, even though her age counter was borked, the device still keeps track of the Tama's actual age. She married a Tenpatchi, a Kuchi adult, on my Earth V4.5.

Her son (whom I named Edd) evolved into MohiTamatchi as I expected. I gave him five care mistakes over the course of today; three from hunger and two from unhappiness. Afterwards, I kept his hungry and happy hearts at a maximum of three hearts, and let them drop several times. I think I may be safe from HinoTamatchi and Obotchi, but we'll have to wait and see. I didn't miss any training calls, so I'm definitely safe from Hawainotchi.

I'll update tomorrow on which teen character he evolves into!

UPDATE!

He evolved into Oniontchi!! :D

mjub3HH.jpg

Not only did I never completely fill his hungry and happy hearts, they were also halfway empty when he evolved! (for the same reason, Greyer the KuchiTamatchi evolved into Kujakutchi...bleah :P).

Based on this, it definitely seems that keeping the stats low has an impact on whether the "good care" or "bad care" teen is obtained; not only before it evolves, but also when it evolves. It would make sense, too, since I've obtained Y. Mametchi, Y. Kuchipatchi, and Y. Dorotchi with four care mistakes, which is generally considered "bad care", while otherwise keeping their stats fairly high.

Edited by Maria&Co.
  • Like 4

On 3/10/2020 at 4:19 PM, Maria&Co. said:

He evolved into Oniontchi!! :D

That is amazing!:D

On 3/10/2020 at 4:19 PM, Maria&Co. said:

Based on this, it definitely seems that keeping the stats low has an impact on whether the "good care" or "bad care" teen is obtained; not only before it evolves, but also when it evolves. It would make sense, too, since I've obtained Y. Mametchi, Y. Kuchipatchi, and Y. Dorotchi with four care mistakes, which is generally considered "bad care", while otherwise keeping their stats fairly high.

This would explain why a lot of our experiments resulted in "good care" teens even though we were giving them a ton of care mistakes.:P So would this also be the key to obtaining Oniontchi/Nikatchi from Mizutamatchi? I know you got Rick to evolve into a Kuchi family teen, so were you keeping his stats high otherwise?

On a personal note, Lapis got married to a Zukyutchi and they had a baby girl (Samus). I mostly ignored her during her baby hour which resulted in her evolving into a Mizutamatchi and not Mohitamatchi (just like Rick). I've obtained three care misses (from hunger) so far, but I've had her on pause since yesterday. I've been keeping her stats below four hearts the whole time, except for one instance when I took her to the toilet (I wasn't expecting it to fill a happy heart). I'll continue to keep her stats low and see if that gets me a Nikatchi. 

Now I wanted to announce that I might not be be able to post as often for awhile. I'm starting a new job on Tuesday, so that won't leave me much time to run my V4. I'll certainly still be lurking around the forums and making posts here and there, but I won't be able to contribute much to the this thread if my V4 is going to be growing at a snail's pace.:P This isn't a goodbye or a resignation of any kind, but I just wanted to let you guys know why I won't be posting as frequently. Once the dust settles and I get used to my new schedule, I'll be back to running the V4 as frequently as I can.^_^ I'll likely be posting this weekend since I plan on unpausing Samus tomorrow (she's been paused because I'm trying to change my sleep schedule), so I'm not going on hiatus yet.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, tamaninjacat said:

This would explain why a lot of our experiments resulted in "good care" teens even though we were giving them a ton of care mistakes.:P So would this also be the key to obtaining Oniontchi/Nikatchi from Mizutamatchi? I know you got Rick to evolve into a Kuchi family teen, so were you keeping his stats high otherwise?

I would assume so. Immediately after Rick's sixth care mistake, I filled his hungry and happy hearts completely and kept them high until he evolved.

I think I'll have either Rick or Edd marry a Meme adult to get MizuTamatchi so I can try what I did with Edd when he was a MohiTamatchi. I don't think I'll be at risk for HinoTamatchi or Ichigotchi, since the aforementioned children both seem equally likely to evolve into them.

9 minutes ago, tamaninjacat said:

On a personal note, Lapis got married to a Zukyutchi and they had a baby girl (Samus). I mostly ignored her during her baby hour which resulted in her evolving into a Mizutamatchi and not Mohitamatchi (just like Rick). I've obtained three care misses (from hunger) so far, but I've had her on pause since yesterday. I've been keeping her stats below four hearts the whole time, except for one instance when I took her to the toilet (I wasn't expecting it to fill a happy heart). I'll continue to keep her stats low and see if that gets me a Nikatchi. 

Good luck! Maybe any further care mistakes should be from unhappiness; accumulating care mistakes from hunger may be more risky (it would make sense, but it's just a theory).

Catching a Tama before it makes a mess fills two happy hearts; I was kind of surprised the first time I discovered that.

Also, congrats on the new job! ^_^

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, tamaninjacat said:

except for one instance when I took her to the toilet (I wasn't expecting it to fill a happy heart).

8 minutes ago, Maria&Co. said:

Catching a Tama before it makes a mess fills two happy hearts; I was kind of surprised the first time I discovered that.

Can I just point out how hilarious this is? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3