How to change or influence which family group a child evolves into on the V4?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a lot of interesting data to look through in that thread. The posts date back to before the US release and only a couple of months after the European release, so this was all very new at the time. 

And in one instance Puchitchi was recorded of evolving into Young Kuchipatchi...? I kind of thought, "must be a mistake", but I'm wondering if it really can evolve into Kuchi family teens? Mostly because on the V4.5, Hitodetchi (Puchitchi's equivalent) has been recorded of evolving into Kometchi (Young Kuchipatchi's equivalent) and Yakantchi (Nikatchi's equivalent).
There is a chance that, due to how new the V4 was at the time, this particular finding might be a mistake. It's possible that the person got their names mixed up because there weren't many resources to work with at the time. On the other hand, this finding might not be a mistake. If that's the case, then the V4.5 toddler evolution patterns might be more closely related to the V4 than we initially thought.

Also, it seems I was wrong on one thing... it appears MohiTamatchi CAN evolve into Young Memetchi.
Did the poster specify if they got this result through good care, poor care, or just plain randomness? Maybe the "most likely" family evolution theory has been debunked.👀

On a more personal note, Ame evolved into Mametchi, just as planned! I should be marrying him off tomorrow or Saturday. :newmametchi: :wub:

There is a chance that, due to how new the V4 was at the time, this particular finding might be a mistake. It's possible that the person got their names mixed up because there weren't many resources to work with at the time. On the other hand, this finding might not be a mistake. If that's the case, then the V4.5 toddler evolution patterns might be more closely related to the V4 than we initially thought.
It's very much a possibility that it was a mistake, as I initially suspected. But even to this day, not everything about the V4's evolution is known... so it's very hard to say whether it's a mistake or not  :huh:

V4.5 child-to-teen evolutions are definitely very similar to that of the V4; the only major difference is that Kuchi and Universal family teens are both obtained in a completely different manner (The entire Universal family evolution is pretty much completely opposite of how it is on the V4). Tamatchi's evolution patterns are identical to Harutchi's (except it's far more likely to evolve into the Meme family), Hitodetchi's evolution patterns are identical to Puchitchi's (except possibly for that Kuchi family thing), Kuribotchi's evolution patterns are nearly identical to MohiTamatchi's (Except it can't evolve into the Kuchi family with perfect care), and KuchiTamatchi's evolution patterns are nearly identical to MizuTamatchi's (except it's FAR more likely to evolve into the Kuchi family).

There is one other major difference however: the happy hearts draining or emptying doesn't automatically result in an evolution to the "bad care" teens like it does on the V4.

Did the poster specify if they got this result through good care, poor care, or just plain randomness? Maybe the "most likely" family evolution theory has been debunked.
There were two or three cases of Young Memetchi evolving from MohiTamatchi, but not one of them specified the level of care. I think the "most likely" family evolution theory may still be correct, because it's pretty much in line with my own experience; maybe it just doesn't apply to everyone.

On a more personal note, Ame evolved into Mametchi, just as planned! I should be marrying him off tomorrow or Saturday. :newmametchi: :wub:
Congrats!  :)  Good luck with your next generation, I hope you manage to get a Kuchi family teen ^_^

If you get MohiTamatchi, I advise against checking the letters in the mail; getting a snake or poo will drop the happy hearts to 1 or 0, which instantly wipes all chances of obtaining Y. Kuchipatchi or Y. Dorotchi :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got an update on my V4. Ame got married to a Pukatchi and they had a baby boy. I named this boy, Clyde, and he evolved into a Mohitamatchi! Finally! I'm definitely going to take your advice and avoid the mail. This is probably unessesary, but I'm going to make a "marriage equation." It's just so I can have an easy reference for past marriages. :p

Mame [Mametchi (intelligence)] + Kuchi [Pukatchi (intelligence)]= Mohitamatchi

That's good news! Good luck with getting Young Kuchipatchi! Remember to make sure the hungry and happy hearts never drop below three!

Also...one of the first Tamas I had on my Black Spark V4 was a MohiTamatchi named Clyde :eek:

I also have an update; I had named Moe's son Andre today, and he evolved into MohiTamatchi! I'm going to try a little something different; I'll let his hungry hearts empty several times and maybe let the happy hearts empty once or twice, and only fill them when the attention icon turns off. Hopefully that will turn him into Oniontchi and not HinoTamatchi!

I don't know how or why, but somehow Andre evolved into Young Kuchipatchi, even with four (maybe five) care mistakes...that's the first time I've EVER gotten him with anything other than perfect care! Based on this, Oniontchi and Nikatchi must come from downright AWFUL care... Or maybe it's because I jumped into perfect care after accumulating all those care mistakes? Or, maybe just one more care mistake was required to obtain Oniontchi... Or maybe MohiTamatchi's evolution works exactly the same as Kuribotchi's except which family it evolves into with perfect care? Agh, so many possibilities, all of which seem plausible  :eek:

Whatever reason, I'm just glad I didn't get a Universal or Meme teen! Based on this, I think @tamaninjacat's "most likely family" theory for MohiTamatchi definitely applies. I have a feeling it only evolves into the Meme family as "punishment" for letting the happy hearts drop too low, but filling them before it counts as a true care mistake  :p

Also, I'll be able to test your "most likely family" theory with MizuTamatchi today  ;)

I had MizuTamatchi evolve into a Kuchi family teen!!

I mentioned in my log that I had a Togetchi marry a Sebiretchi through the matchmaker, and as expected, his daughter, whom I named Debbi, evolved into MizuTamatchi. I tried the same thing I did with Andre: I allowed three care mistakes for empty hungry hearts, and one care mistake for empty happy hearts. I also missed a "for no reason" discipline call, but I don't think that did anything. Anyway, I woke up to the sound of her evolving this morning, and, expecting to see Ichigotchi...

lmdBrfY.jpg

...SHE EVOLVED INTO YOUNG DOROTCHI!! :D   I was VERY excited about this! This is the first time I've EVER seen a MizuTamatchi evolve into a Kuchi family teen!

Now, I think I know what influences what each child character evolves into...

Harutchi evolves into Young Mametchi or Young Mimitchi with one or no care mistakes, but evolves into Young Androtchi or Ringotchi with two or three care mistakes, or if its happy hearts drop too low BUT it is otherwise given very good care. It may evolve into the Meme family teens with four or more care mistakes, but I haven't been able to try this out yet.

Puchitchi evolves into Young Androtchi or Ringotchi with one or no care mistakes; anything else causes it to evolve into a Meme family teen.

MizuTamatchi evolves into Gourmetchi or Young Memetchi with one or no care mistakes, but evolves into HinoTamatchi or Ichigotchi with two or three care mistakes, or if its happy hearts drop too low BUT it is otherwise given very good care. It evolves into the Kuchi family teens with four or more care mistakes.

MohiTamatchi normally always evolves into the Kuchi family, but if its happy hearts drop too low BUT it is otherwise given very good care, it will evolve into HinoTamatchi or Ichigotchi. I still don't know how many care mistakes are required for it to evolve into Oniontchi or Nikatchi.

Obviously, there are still quite a few evolutions that I don't yet know how they work...but as for now, I'm just REALLY happy to finally have obtained a Kuchi family teen from MizuTamatchi ^_^

I had MizuTamatchi evolve into a Kuchi family teen!!
That's amazing! You've made a real breakthrough when it comes to toddler evolution. :eek:  Given that she evolved into Young Dorotchi, it looks like the "most likely family" theory might not be true.

Harutchi evolves into Young Mametchi or Young Mimitchi with one or no care mistakes, but evolves into Young Androtchi or Ringotchi with two or three care mistakes, or if its happy hearts drop too low BUT it is otherwise given very good care. It may evolve into the Meme family teens with four or more care mistakes, but I haven't been able to try this out yet.

Puchitchi evolves into Young Androtchi or Ringotchi with one or no care mistakes; anything else causes it to evolve into a Meme family teen.

MizuTamatchi evolves into Gourmetchi or Young Memetchi with one or no care mistakes, but evolves into HinoTamatchi or Ichigotchi with two or three care mistakes, or if its happy hearts drop too low BUT it is otherwise given very good care. It evolves into the Kuchi family teens with four or more care mistakes.

MohiTamatchi normally always evolves into the Kuchi family, but if its happy hearts drop too low BUT it is otherwise given very good care, it will evolve into HinoTamatchi or Ichigotchi. I still don't know how many care mistakes are required for it to evolve into Oniontchi or Nikatchi.
This all looks good to me. I'm definitely going to base my trials off of these parameters.

On a personal note, Clyde evolved into a young Kuchipatchi! Finally! He's due to evolve into a Kuchipatchi tonight. I think I'm going to marry him to a Meme adult because I'd like to get Mizutamatchi and see if I can replicate your results. I'll update when he has a kid. ^_^

Unfortunately I wasn't able to have Harutchi evolve into the Meme family (I think I know what I did wrong, though, I'll get into that). But I DID make an interesting discovery regarding the Universal family!

In my log, I mentioned Debbi had left behind her son and I named him Ned, and he evolved into Harutchi. I also mentioned how I took the same level of care of him as I did Debbi when she was a MizuTamatchi; however, he evolved into Hawainotchi, a Universal teen. I bet that what I did wrong, was that his training bar was only filled by two. I didn't do it on purpose, though, it was simply a result of attention calls for empty hungry and happy hearts leaking into his discipline schedule.

Based on this, I'm pretty confident that Hawainotchi and Hawaikotchi come from a very low training bar, and Obotchi and Ojyotchi come from rarely-to-never filling the hungry and happy hearts higher then two hearts.

Based on this, I'm pretty confident that Hawainotchi and Hawaikotchi come from a very low training bar, and Obotchi and Ojyotchi come from rarely-to-never filling the hungry and happy hearts higher then two hearts.
That means there's a pretty thin line between "bad care" and "neglect". Do Obotchi and Ojyotchi also need a low training bar on top of the hearts thing? Or just low hearts? 

As for Clyde, you may or may not have read that he passed away. -_-  After restarting the V4 I was gifted with a baby girl (Guava) that evolved into a Mizutamatchi. Since she's a Mizutamatchi I'll be able to try for a Kuchi teen. I'll be sure to watch out for training calls, but I'm mostly going to do what you did for Debbi.

That means there's a pretty thin line between "bad care" and "neglect". Do Obotchi and Ojyotchi also need a low training bar on top of the hearts thing? Or just low hearts? 
I don't think so. The last time I got Obotchi, I took very sloppy care of it as a child, but I don't believe I missed any discipline calls.

As for Clyde, you may or may not have read that he passed away. -_-  After restarting the V4 I was gifted with a baby girl (Guava) that evolved into a Mizutamatchi. Since she's a Mizutamatchi I'll be able to try for a Kuchi teen. I'll be sure to watch out for training calls, but I'm mostly going to do what you did for Debbi.
That's too bad... But I hope you have good luck with Guava! I hope she will evolve into a Kuchi family teen ;)

Guava has unfortunately evolved into and Ichigotchi (and now a Memetchi). I gave her four total care misses (three from hunger, one from happiness), but she still evolved into the Meme family. I immediately started taking perfect care of her after getting all of her care misses, so should I have kept her hearts low? Or is it because she's a first gen Tama and she doesn't have any Kuchi genetics? She also had four bars of training which may have been one too many since you mentioned that Debbi had a missed discipline call. I'm going to marry her to a Kuchi adult, so hopefully I'll be able to try again soon. I'll probably do one extra care miss+one missed discipline call just to mix it up a little.

I suspect child-to-teen growth on the first generation works differently, on both the V4 and V4.5. I once had a Puchitchi evolve into Gourmetchi on the first generation even though I gave it PERFECT care, and Puchitchi normally evolves into the "bad care" Mame teens with perfect care. Similarly, I've seen Tamatchi evolve into the Meme family teens twice on the first generation, but every other time I've obtained her, it evolved into the Mame family (Universals don't count). KuchiTamatchi also seems more likely to evolve into the Kuchi family on the first generation.

I don't think the fact that you jumped into perfect care after Guava accumulated four care mistakes had anything to do with her evolution, because I did the same with Debbi. The missed discipline call may have something to do with it, but it's most likely simply because it was the first generation.

Next time you get MizuTamatchi, you should definitely try one extra care mistake and/or a missed discipline call. Be careful the care mistakes don't occur too close to discipline calls, or the discipline calls will be bypassed entirely. I'll try the same next time I get MizuTamatchi (which probably won't be very soon :p ). Next time I get MohiTamatchi, I'll try five care mistakes to see if it evolves into Oniontchi or Nikatchi.

On a side note, I currently have a Harutchi named Cal whom I've been trying the same thing I did with Debbi, except I haven't missed any discipline calls. I really hope he evolves into a Meme teen! Hopefully I won't get a Universal teen again. I think this is the most I've ever hoped to get a Meme teen, honestly  :)

Hi! I've just been reading this thread and I'm very intrigued by the progress you made through Version 4 evolution research. I encountered similar questions (especially surrounding genes) when I was using my Version 4s, but couldn't quite figure out the complexities behind Child/Teenager evolution. So, great work! If the Tamagotchi was an academic subject, you would have come through with a significant discovery! :D

If you'd like, I can boot up one of my Version 4s and help your research. That way we can test theories and answer some remaining questions faster.

Hi! I've just been reading this thread and I'm very intrigued by the progress you made through Version 4 evolution research. I encountered similar questions (especially surrounding genes) when I was using my Version 4s, but couldn't quite figure out the complexities behind Child/Teenager evolution. So, great work! If the Tamagotchi was an academic subject, you would have come through with a significant discovery! :D
Wow, thank you!

If you'd like, I can boot up one of my Version 4s and help your research. That way we can test theories and answer some remaining questions faster.
I think that would be a good idea, if you don't mind, since collecting data can get a bit slow at times. I appreciate any extra help  :)

UPDATE:

In a shocking twist of events, Cal evolved into Young Mametchi! This makes me think Harutchi's evolution patterns are more similar to MohiTamatchi's than MizuTamatchi's...whatever the case, Harutchi's evolution is definitely stranger than I thought :eek:

Very strange is that I've had Harutchi evolve into Ringotchi more than once with perfect care; the only thing I did wrong being the happy hearts dropping too low once or twice. Next time I get Harutchi I'll try either two, three, or five care mistakes to see if I'll get anything other than Young Mametchi.

Hi again! Thanks for letting me help!

I actually decided to start two of my Version 4s for the research, so we can double the workload! I hatched the first one from an egg and named the baby boy "Mewtw", short for "Mewtwo" (Get it, because he's a test subject :p ). My first order of business was to see how first-generation Baby/Child evolutions worked. I took very good care of the baby and it evolved into a Harutchi. So this may have been care-based, or it was just a random result. Perhaps I can do more testing of first-generation Baby/Child evolution sometime later.

DSCN0004.jpg

dscn0012.png

Me getting Harutchi was actually quite convenient. I decided to follow up on your recent research and give it two care mistakes (though with good training) to see if this gets a Mame or a Meme teen with no genetics involved. I'll update you on the details when Mewtwo evolves!

With my second Version 4, I decided to download the previous data so I could also do some research with some family background. I found a 7 year-old Masktchi named Gina, which was also convenient because she would be eligible for the Matchmaker soon. Half an hour later, I married her to a Tosakatchi and she got a baby girl. This can give me multiple things to investigate when Gina leaves; firstly, if the baby got Meme genes from the Tosakatchi, and secondly do more testing on Child/Teen evolutions.

dscn0011.png

I will be away over the weekend, so I probably won't be able to report on this for a few days. But I'll be back eventually!

Guava left her baby boy (Spyro) early this morning and he evolved into a Mizutamatchi! My plan is to give him five care misses total (3 from hunger and 2 from happiness) and to miss a training call (so he should have 3 training bars total). Hopefully this will result in a Kuchi teen especially since his dad should be passing his Kuchi genes.

Meme [Memetchi (fashion)] + Kuchi [Minotchi (intelligence)]= Mizutamatchi

I hope that works! It's possible that Guava evolved into a Meme teen because she didn't have any Kuchi genes (or any genes at all for that matter :p ). Don't be discouraged if you get Obotchi, there's always next time :)

One thing I'm curious about is whether or not missed discipline calls actually count as a Care Mistake; they definitely don't on the V4.5, but I'm not entirely sure whether they do or not on the V2 and V4... Based on my experience, I think sometimes they do and sometimes they don't, but I'm really not sure...I guess I'm being kind of vague here. :huh: Next generation, I'll have to try missing one discipline call BUT otherwise take perfect care.

Hi again! I had to have most of my Tamas on pause over the weekend, but today Mewtwo finally evolved, and into a Young Mametchi no less! I was quite surprised because I gave him at least two care mistakes (possibly three) and so I thought he might drop to Young Androtchi or a Meme teen. I attempted the two care mistakes by dropping the Happiness to zero twice (with the aid of the mail system) and waiting for the Attention icon to wear off. However, Mewtwo actually got sick the first time before I noticed the Attention icon go away. So I'm not sure if the sickness actually created a separate, third care mistake or not - do you two know at all? Anyway, Young Mametchi did surprise me a bit, but perhaps evolutions in the first generation are different. I think I'll evolve Mewtwo into a Mametchi and see what I do from there.

At the same time, Gina the Masktchi left her baby, enabling me to begin another experiment. I named the baby girl Amber (If you know the Japanese version of the first Pokemon movie, the Mewtwo created by Dr. Fuji had a human friend named Ambertwo who was a clone of Dr. Fuji's real daughter, so it continues the whole "test subject" name theme), and raised her the same way as Mewtwo. Just then, Amber evolved into a Puchitchi, which I think corroborates the claim that genes can influence Child stage evolution, even from the parent's partner (which was a Tosakatchi). With Amber, I'll give her one care mistake and see if this evolves her into a Ringotchi (as suggested earlier in this thread).

I'll update again in a day or so when Amber evolves!

Hi again! I had to have most of my Tamas on pause over the weekend, but today Mewtwo finally evolved, and into a Young Mametchi no less! I was quite surprised because I gave him at least two care mistakes (possibly three) and so I thought he might drop to Young Androtchi or a Meme teen. I attempted the two care mistakes by dropping the Happiness to zero twice (with the aid of the mail system) and waiting for the Attention icon to wear off. Anyway, Young Mametchi did surprise me a bit, but perhaps evolutions in the first generation are different. I think I'll evolve Mewtwo into a Mametchi and see what I do from there.
That's an interesting discovery! Based on this, I have two theories: Harutchi either evolves into the Meme family with very bad care, or it simply can't evolve into the Meme family on the first generation. I think my second theory may be correct, as it also seems to be true of MizuTamatchi with the Kuchi family. But it's hard to say.

I currently have a Mametchi and an Androtchi. I'll try having one of them marry another Mame adult through the matchmaker to see if I get Harutchi; then I can try two or three care mistakes to see if my second theory is correct or not.

Next time I get Tamatchi on the Version 4.5, I'll have to try the same (strangely with Tamatchi, I've only seen her evolve into the Meme family on the first generation :p ).

However, Mewtwo actually got sick the first time before I noticed the Attention icon go away. So I'm not sure if the sickness actually created a separate, third care mistake or not - do you two know at all?
It's fairly normal for a Tama to get sick when a care mistake accumulates. I think it only counts as a care mistake if the sickness is left uncured for an extended period of time, though I haven't been able to test that yet as I always worry it would die before then.

Anyway, good luck with Amber! Based on my own experience, Puchitchi normally evolves into Young Androtchi and Ringotchi with either one or no care mistakes.

Latest posts

Back