9/11

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You shouldn't have replied to this if you didn't care.

And you didn't have to be American or have to know anybody who was involved in it to be sad.

OMG stop getting mad at me! If i dont WANT to have a moment of silence, don't try to convince me that i SHOULD. I don't want this day to be sad for me! It's a celebration of a party for me. Got it? Yeah, sure, if i was american or i knew anyone who died, i would be sad. but...come oonn. This day is different to me because its my friends bday.
*i am not replying anymore so dont bother flaming at me any more*
I'm not going to flame anymore, but think about it, a freinds birthday?? to a tragic attack killing 3,000 people. Yes, I am done. Okay anyone who knows anyone that was in the towers?? I'd be interested to hear!

I'm not going to flame anymore, but think about it, a freinds birthday?? to a tragic attack killing 3,000 people. Yes, I am done. Okay anyone who knows anyone that was in the towers?? I'd be interested to hear!
I said i wasnt gonna reply again but..my friends mean more to me than 3,000 Americans i didnt even know so..um..Yeah.

Goodness people settle down! We are here in this topic to remember the people who died in the Twin Towers. SQR, I think maybe you could have been a little more considerate... It was very hard for the people here in America.

I gave a moment of silence yesterday, since yesterday was September 11th.

I maybe Australian, but I know how bad it was.

I may not be American but God Bless you guys.

~SG~

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay guys, let's calm down.

SQR - Please keep in mind what this means to Americans and the rest of the anti-terroristic world in general. It's a huge deal for those who lost their lives, those who lost friends and family, the American people as a whole and for many people elsewhere in the world. You don't HAVE to have a moment of silence but please reply with sensitivity or don't reply at all. :D

I remember I was on my way to my elementry school and we were listening to the radio but I couldn't quite understand what had happened. Just a year or two ago I actually watched the videos of the attacks and my heart just broke - it was so.. indescribable.. and I thank God that more people were not killed.

God bless.

That day was awful.

I didn't live in America at that time, but I was visiting my aunt in Michigan. Just about a week before, we had been in New York.

I was 8 at the time.

My parents pointed out the twin towers to me. I missed them, so my mom told me that I could see them when we came back.

I didn't get to see them. My dad was in New York at the time of the crash, and I would have been there with him, if we hadn't suddenly changed our plans. I can only imagine what would have happened if I had been there. Knowing me, I would have wanted to go there.

Luckily, my dad wasn't near the Twin Towers.

In 2006, we visited Ground Zero. It's sad. It's really sad.

Strangely enough, we didn't do anything out of the ordinary at school. There was no mention of 9/11 from any of the staff. Nothing. Strange.

mm. We had like 5 moments of silence today. One where the north tower was first struck and then when the second one was, and then when the first one fell.. and then another one..

The ironic thing is that my mom planned to take my grandma to the WTC that day. x...x;

and then her plans were ruined when she saw the burning buildings on TV. When I came home I saw the attacks on TV. very sad.

It's pretty sad. I know a lot of people who's family members have died. My camp councelor got a tattoo memorial thing on his shoulder..

For me 9/11 was an event in the worlds history that shouldn't be forgotten. My father woke me up on September 12th at 5am. He sat me down in front of the tv and told me that this is the result of the worlds most powerful countries sticking their nose in other peoples business and then he said that because of this, there will be a war. I was 11 at the time and i didn't understand, but I watched it, and I slowly began to realize that lots of people were dead/dying when i was watching it only mere hours after the tragedy. I lived in a very small town in Australia and I slowly walked to our very tiny primary school that morning. I was in grade 6 and when I walked into the school it was empty. All the older students and staff were in the staff room watching it live. The lower grades were sent home and we just watched what happened all day long. Then when i got home it was still on tv. It was a shock, because no one thinks these things can happen.

7 years later. At 11pm at night on the 11th, the documentary 9/11 was showing. I watched the real footage the 2 Frenchman filmed and it just broke my heart to see the looks on the fireman's faces and that the priest was the first official fatality. This was a very tragic day. *moment of silence*

But we should keep level heads when we think about this. Lets not forget September 11th but we also need to remember that more people died in the world wars. Lest we forget our fallen soldiers.

For me as an Australian, it didn't affect me as it did for the American nation. I believe we shouldn't forget, but I do believe that we need to think about the future and not the past. This was a horrible day, and thousands of people lost their lives for a reason many of us don't know. Was it a religious reason? Was it caused by the American government and how they treated certain people? Was it over oil? We wont know the real reason. Yes, people will say it wasn't over religious matters, and I can guarantee that someone will flame me for saying it was "America's fault" but you need to understand that from my point of view, this was a day that shouldn't have happened but it did, so we need to deal with our grief and our heartache. I believe that after the 10th anniversary, the other countries will forget. We wont have our moments of silence, we wont send our condolences to the American people, we wont talk about it in hushed tones, we will begin to make jokes, we will study it in our schools but it wont be a sober lesson. This day will go down in history as a terrorist attack, but it will soon be forgotten. When all the people who were alive on September 11th are dead or are to young to remember, all that will remain is Ground Zero and the media records. I am not trying to insult or be mean or anything like that. I was asked my opinion and I felt that I needed to express my view. This was a sad day in history that will forever go down as the worst attack on American soil but I hate to say that it wont be the last. Terrorism is not a plague that needs to be cured. It is a war the needs to be fought with a level head and an open mind. All countries have their own rules and beliefs. A kiss on the street of America is a normal thing, but it can land a couple in jail in another land.

Please remember that the Al Queda killed many Americans, but the Americans are just as bad for killing the Al Queda's people and families. When you attack them on their land you are the Infidels who are trying to destroy their religion. When they attack on your land they are terrorists who try to take away your freedom. You may think that killing the people who were behind the attacks will make things right, then your wrong. You are just as bad as the people who flew the planes. I'm sorry if I am causing more harm than good. But you asked for opinions and views, and you got mine.

Let us never forget September 11th.

Please don't think that all Australians feel the same way as Smallquailrooster.

I am Australian and this day breaks my heart. I cry every time I see videos and interviews about the 9/11. I have never been to New York, I have no relatives in America and no-one I know died. This is a moment that shook the world and will never ever be forgotten.

For all the Americans who died, the pilots who tried to fight for their planes, the fire-fighters and the WTC workers - you all died HEROES. <3

[SIZE=7pt]It brings me to tears everytime I see the videos on Youtube or something, it was a terrifying and sorrowful event. Where ever you come from, you should've been affected at least slightly by the horrible tradgey of 9/11.[/SIZE]

*post edited* I think SQR got the hint that noone agrees with her saucy remarks. Let's move on now and only refer to the event in question please. Thanks - TigerLily013

I explained what happened to me on that day and such somwhere else and I dont plan to do it again.

But;

I will say this. My opinion.

This was the country I was born in, and the one I am in now, despite where I have lived in between these two margins.

Even though I was younger when this happened, I remeber being more angry at these people then sympathetic for the victums and their families.

I remeber and still think to this day, How dare they. How dare they come here, and destroy the lives and dreams of innocent people. How dare they come here and kill hope in many Americans and try to make us suffering cowards.

How dare they.

And why would they think our country would scum to the fear that they tried to produce here with those attacks? With the one flight that was driven into the ground to save it from crashing into the white house in DC, they voted to sacrifice themselves to save a key place of our country. Did the terrorists think that they would scum to that fear and let the hijackers do what they wanted, accomplish their goals? To the fear they tried to induce in their hearts? The day we are suspiciouse and afraid of one another is the day we let the terrorists win.

9/11 is not a sad day to me- it is a day to remind us of our pride in being Americans, our strength that comes from one another. This remorseful event reminded us of who we truly are, and show the rest of the world that we can stand up to anything.

We had a moment of silence at our school. Someone's dad died during 9-11. It really is a sad day that brings back sad memories. :blink:

I didn't even know it WAS 9/11 until someone mentioned it.

I asked the date, and she just said something along the lines of, 'We shouldn't mention the date.' I thought she just meant that it was late in the year XD

Then I noticed the flags were at half mast.

They're half mast today too, which confuses me.

I think this is the first year people haven't been so touchy about it. I didn't hear anything on the news about it. Just saw a few random people with shirts on about it.

Maybe America is finally lightening up.

After reading all the replies, I actually agree with SQR. I don't agree with how she said it, but I agree with the basis.

Personally, if I had a friend who had a birthday, I'd be celebrating it, even as American. I understand that it's a hard day, rather, it was a hard day. 7 years ago. I don't believe in dwelling on the past, even if it was a tragedy. I'd rather be celebrating someone's birthday than being depressed over a bunch of people I didn't even know, especially after so long.

Think of it this way. She's not celebrating 9/11 as a terrorist attack. She's celebrating it as something completely different. Something innocent. To bash her and say that she's wrong, is wrong in itself.

Yes, she could have worded it better, but she didn't deserve the disrespect some of you gave her.

My school's retarded. We didn't even have a moment of silence. :blink: And you know what's interesting. You could see everything happen from where our mall is and like where the home depot is. You could see the twintowers from there and all the smoke. >__>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back