AHHH SOMEBODY KILL ME!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Happy Tama:.

Reaction score
BTW I HAVE A WII! SO I WAS READING THIS ELECTRONICS MAGZINE AND IT SAID SOMETHING LIKE THAT OMG!!

I hope Nintendo won't come through my window and melt my wii LOL!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? That sucks.. because my friend really wants to get one.

Because they come with a wristband some people forget to put it on....
no the 1st wrist bands were cheap and broke but the fixed it already.

i got my wii launch day so i know the that there not lieing about the cheap strap. good thing when it it broke it hit the couch and not the TV.

and nintendo's not stupid (oops ya they are :huh: ) but not stupid ENOUGH to recall a system that is selling so well

[SIZE=11pt]Where did you hear that from?[/SIZE]

Last I heard, Nintendo is upping production because it's so hard to find one in a store!

If you are reporting something like this, you really need an article to backup what you are reporting.

Nintendo's president acknowledged Friday ( Fri Apr 27, 2007 ) that the shortage of the hit Wii game machine was "abnormal," and promised production was being boosted to increase deliveries by next month.

"We must do our best to fix this abnormal lack of stock," Nintendo President Satoru Iwata told reporters. "We have not been able to properly foresee demand."

The comments came a day after the Japanese manufacturer of the Wii — which comes with a wand that can be used as a sword, tennis racket or fishing rod depending on the game — reported that sales nearly doubled for the fiscal year, lifted by robust sales of the Wii and the DS portable, a handheld video game.

Kyoto-based Nintendo Co.'s net profit jumped 77 percent to 174.29 billion yen ($1.47 billion) in the year through March, up dramatically from 98.38 billion yen a year earlier. Sales soared 90 percent to 966.53 billion yen ($8.13 billion).

The Wii has pummeled its rivals in a head-to-head battle in next-generation video game consoles involving Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 3, which has been plagued with production problems, and Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360.

Iwata refused to disclose the monthly production capacity for the Wii, and said it was too early to say by how much the production was being raised.

But he said efforts were under way to increase production, and more machines will get delivered to stores around the world.

"We will do our best to offer the machine for those who are waiting," he said at a Tokyo hall.

The Wii's motion-sensitive remote control wand has made it hit even with people unaccustomed to playing video games. It faced some minor problems early on with its wand, which flew out of the hands of some zealous players, snapping the strap and at times crashing into TVs. But that hasn't dented profits, and the console is still flying off store shelves.

Nintendo, which also makes Pokemon and Super Mario games, is planning to sell 14 million Wii machines for the current fiscal year through March 2008, having sold 5.84 million Wii consoles worldwide in the five months since its release late last year.

Sony has sold just 1.84 million PlayStation 3 machines so far worldwide, while Microsoft has shipped more than 10 million Xbox 360 consoles worldwide.

The PlayStation 3 went on sale late last year in the U.S. and Japan, and in March in Europe. Xbox 360 beat rivals to market in 2005.

Nintendo also has a big hit in the DS, selling more than 40 million since its launch in late 2004. The machine comes with a touch panel, introducing new easy-to-play games such as raising a dog that players can pet on the screen. Nintendo expects sales of 22 million more DS machines this fiscal year.

Iwata said Nintendo is now producing 2.5 million DS machines a month to meet bursting demand, the highest production ever for a Nintendo game machine.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved

https://www.newsvine.com/_news/2007/04/27/6...-wii-production

https://gonintendo.com/?p=12281

I am only finding articles where production is being increased.

Wii is also supposed to be coming out in colors... eventually.

I really wanted Santa to give me a Wii for Christmas. :mimitchi: :mimitchi: :mimitchi:

I read it from the magazine but hopefully they won't take it of the market. And if they do I will send my Killer Bunnies after them c( ('.') Just Kidding. But I also heard in some website (which I forgot the name) that people want to sue since some wii controls broke thier plasmas tv.

Okay, Mothra next time I'll share the article which I also read from :)

They're only breaking TVs because people forget to put the wristband on and they slip out of their hands xD

*crash!*

Jimmy's mom: Jimmy, what was that noise?

Jimmy: NOTHING!

Jimmy's mom: Jimmy, did you break your TV again?

Jimmy: Mebbe....

Jimmy's mom: Oh, now we have to get one out of the basement again! That is the 14th time today!

xP

I always put the wristband on, though... I wonder what sport that happens the most in. I would think maybe bowling, tennis, baseball... In golf if it slips out of your hand wit will just land on the floor or something.

♪~tk710

I think it would be tennis and baseball

(off Topic) I made micheal Jackson on the Mii Channel YAY!!

It's kind of good that they are recalling them since they are a major problem right now. I didn't see what the hype was about anyway.. My friend has one and a new big screen tv and was bragging, and this sound mean but I'll laugh really hard if it breaks theirs because they are really snobby to me! But on the minus side it sucks cuz well, you know they cost enough money and I'm sure people enjoy playing them!

I don't see how people are always chucking their WiiMotes around. I never come close.

I play Twilight Princess, WarioWare and of course the sports it came with.

There was a WiiMote strap recall but that is old news.

I don't see the Wii disappearing any time soon.

Have ya been to wiiHaveAProblem.com ? funny stuff. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back