All Things Harry Potter!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on book 5 now, but the library doesn't have it and it's too pricy to buy it. Darn it. I saw the fourth movie, and that was kind of interesting, but it ruined what the third task was. And Lord Voldemort and Wormtail sorta ruined some of the suprises I was supposed to figure out by reading it myself.
Maybe you can ask a friend to loan you the book? That's what I did when I didn't have my collection yet. One of your friends is bound to have a copy, I daresay it's pretty popular. :nazotchi: Maybe you can try Ebay if you can, they sell for cheaper online. It's okay that you saw the movie before reading the books. You can always go back to the books, read it yourself, and then fill in any missing details the movie didn't cover. It's still fun that way. Unfortunately, the movies tend to gloss over many of the finer details of the books. This is why I prefer reading the books over watching the movie. I really hope that they do the 7th book justice. I don't care if I have to sit there for 10 hours watching both movies, everything has to be included! :nazotchi:

i am a hp addict. xD siriusly. i even write harry potter fanfiction (if you want the link to my fanfiction profile, feel free to pm me) and i love a very potter musical.

i am a hp addict. xD siriusly. i even write harry potter fanfiction (if you want the link to my fanfiction profile, feel free to pm me) and i love a very potter musical.
I've seen A Very Potter Musical as well, it's quite good. :angry: I also adore Potter Puppet Pals.

so do i! have you seen 'ron's parents'? and my friends and i will sometimes say, 'snape, snape, severus snape' and all of us will join in C:

so do i! have you seen 'ron's parents'? and my friends and i will sometimes say, 'snape, snape, severus snape' and all of us will join in C:
No, I haven't seen "Ron's Parents" yet! I'll be sure to check it out. I absolutely adore "Mysterious Ticking Noise." XD It's too irresistible to not join in for that one. :D One of my other favorites is "

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png." Now, I'm definitely a school lover but this one was just too funny and random! ;) If you go to the Potter Puppet Pals website, they've got a video of Dan Radcliffe on there and he has expressed some interest in doing something like that. Wouldn't that be epic?
Snape, Snape, Severus Snape DUMBLEDORE... ;)

I could borrow it from a friend, but they all yell at me just because they thought I broke the binding which I didn't. They weren't smart enough to know that it was already ripped when they gave it to me. So my mom bought me the hardcover fourth Harry Potter book which is now sitting on the book shelf in the guest room. The hardcover books are SO heavy. They are heavier than the paperback book. Even when I picked up the paperback version of the fifth Harry Potter book, (which I am reading right now) it was WAY lighter than the hardcover book. My teacher told us that for our homework, we had to read at least 20 minutes every night.

This one girl asked him that some kids could cheat so how could he know if they read or not? and he told her that by their grades. I read a lot and I actually like it so I have an average of As and Bs. And I can read words really well when I read out loud. Plus I read really fast. (It took me three days to finish the fourth Harry Potter book) Most other kids are really bad at reading, their grades are also very bad, and they read really slowly. My sister hates to read, and her grades are like Fs and Ds on her report card.

I actually love the hardcovers more than the paperbacks...their extra weight is nice. The paperbacks, like you briefly mentioned, are so easy to crease (the spine and the cover). I'm a stickler when it comes to that as well, so I tend to like the hardcovers more. Also, the cover art seems fuller and more vibrant for the hardcovers. Call me weird, but I love running my hands over the dust jackets and smelling what I like to call the distinct Harry Potter book smell. :p I know, I'm weird.

Anyone doing the midnight premier for book 7, part 1? I'm thinking of getting my tickets very soon.

Anybody got tickets for midnight showing of part 1 yet? I'm thinking of getting mine soon. So exciting! :)

My friends say I'm a Gryffindor, but I am also a Ravenclaw.

I like Luna, she's cool

I have the whole series and I have to say that my favourite book is probably the 4th (goblet of fire)

It is weird when I saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince movie for the first time because I cried when I saw the birdie that Draco put into the vanishing cabinet die, but I didn't cry when I saw DUMBLEDORE die. :huh:

Maybe you can ask a friend to loan you the book? That's what I did when I didn't have my collection yet. One of your friends is bound to have a copy, I daresay it's pretty popular. :nazotchi: Maybe you can try Ebay if you can, they sell for cheaper online. It's okay that you saw the movie before reading the books. You can always go back to the books, read it yourself, and then fill in any missing details the movie didn't cover. It's still fun that way. Unfortunately, the movies tend to gloss over many of the finer details of the books. This is why I prefer reading the books over watching the movie. I really hope that they do the 7th book justice. I don't care if I have to sit there for 10 hours watching both movies, everything has to be included! :nazotchi:

Well, the seventh movie is coming out November 19 or some time around that. So just hold onto the edge of your seat until then. I want to see it sooooo badly. Me and my friend are going to it.

---------------------------------------

MARSHMALLOW FIGHT! .......===(_() .......===(_()

.......===(_() .......===(_() .......===(_()

.......===(_() .......===(_()

Well, the seventh movie is coming out November 19 or some time around that. So just hold onto the edge of your seat until then. I want to see it sooooo badly. Me and my friend are going to it.
Yes, November 19th! I'm so excited! I've already got a ticket for my boyfriend and me to go to the midnight premiere. :) :) :) P.S. I'm watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on TV right now. Might go back and re-read the 7th book.

I am so in love with this series, it's not even funny! When I was in 7th grade, for 2 months straight, the only books I read were Harry Potter books. Over and over and over. They never got old! I am so beyond excited for the movie! It's great with part one and part two because everything that happens in book 7 is important, so nothing can be left out!

I am so in love with this series, it's not even funny! When I was in 7th grade, for 2 months straight, the only books I read were Harry Potter books. Over and over and over. They never got old! I am so beyond excited for the movie! It's great with part one and part two because everything that happens in book 7 is important, so nothing can be left out!
I've read the books over and over again too! I am also glad that they've split the movie into two parts. Too long have they gone leaving important details from the book out of the movies (Dobby, anyone? :p ). When they first announced the two-part finale, I was thinking, yeah, they better split the last one into two so nothing is left out!

Once I see this two-part movie I can die.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once I see this two-part movie I can die.
LOL, yeah. It's going to be so epic!

I can't wait to see it either! It should be fun. I haven't read the seventh book yet.
Are you going to read the book first before you see it? My sister is in the same boat as you: she hasn't read Deathly Hallows yet and is going to wait until she does before watching the movie. There's just so much awesome detail and potential to get wrapped up into the book. I couldn't put it down when I read it!

I saw the movie last night and I have to say, it was the best one yet. The perfect blend of emotions.

Did you go to the midnight showing of it?
I did! It was epic. I already want to see it again and am thinking about re-reading the book. :D The movie will definitely be at least slightly confusing for those who haven't read the book yet. It's a very exciting read, I hope you get the chance to read it before seeing the movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back