Alone in Darkness

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"When a vampire bites someone and lets them live, the two form a strange connection. They can read each other's thoughts, always find each other, and feel each other's pain. It can be painful, especially for a human." Damien explained. "The only way to stop it is if I either turn you into a vampire or kill you."

Faylinn remained silent, looking at the floor until Ember came in, stopping dead in the doorway. "You really don't know when to quit, do you?"

Damien shook his head. "This is all just a missunderstanding..." he told Ember. He looked down at Faylinn, not knowing what to do.

Ember looked between Faylinn and Damien. "Sure, because she's looking really great right now." A long pause. "...Tell me you didn't."

Damien stayed quiet, before quickly getting out of the house. Why didn't anyone understand he was just trying to help? But no, everyone made him out to be the bad guy. Fire in his eyes again, he ran home and slammed the door.

Ember watched as Faylinn got to her feet, still shaking slightly. "I-I'm gonna go home. See you soon, yeah?" Before Ember could protest she had left the house, watching the ground as she headed home.

Damien laid on his bed, just looking at the dark ceiling above him. He was mad and upset. Maybe it was because for once he tried to do the right thing, and everyone hated him for it. But deep down he knew the truth. He was slightly jealous of Ember and Faylinn's friendship. He didn't get how any immortal could be that happy, he didn't get what it was like to have a friend.

When Faylinn got in she turned out to be home alone. Perfect, now she stress and worry in private. Had it worked? Had he really turned her into a vampire, or had he just healed her? Groaning, Faylinn realised a way to find out. Getting up, she found a piece of paper, dragging the edge across her finger. She'd either heal or pick up on Damien feeling her pain... really, Fay wasn't sure which was better.

I honestly don't mind xD Either option creates angst for both her and Damien x)

Hm, I actually have a good idea...

Damien felt a small pain in his finger, and he knew Faylinn was hurt. He was frustrated at his failure, so he decided he was going to try again. Tracking her down was easy, and he knocked on the door. Please, let me in. I'm trying to help you. Damien told her telepathically.

Tell o:

Faylinn jumped when she heard Damien's voice in her head, but quickly took it in her stride.Why? So you can bite me again?

Faylinn is going to be a vampire, but still have the connection with Damien because of how much blood Damien took from her. That way Damien has a reason to actually care that Faylinn is still alive.

Don't you get I'm trying to help you? Damien asked, frustrated.

Oh dear xD

I can't see how hurting me is going to help! Faylinn said, but already she was beginning to believe what Damien was saying. Hence why she opened the door a few minutes later.

Damien walked over to Faylinn. He looked at her, confused. "I don't get it...you are a vampire. But I felt pain before when you cut your finger." he sighed softly, not knowing what to do. "I'm going to protect you, I won't let anything ever hurt you, I promise. You don't deserve to suffer like this..."

Faylinn was similarly confused. "I-I don't get it." She said faintly. Then she gave a weak laugh, attempting to lighten the situation. "Well, at least I don't have to worry about those council people attacking me and Ember's friendship now..."

Damien slightly cringed at the mention of friendship. Sighing, he turned around. "Well, I'll be going now." he said softly, walking out the door and back home.

"Wait!" Faylinn yelled after Damien, but he had already gone. Sighing, she went back inside and texted Ember, starting to panic slightly. 'Need to talk to you. Come here?'

Hopefully, Damien wasn't picking up on this.

Damien stopped, Faylinn told him to wait. This was already annoying him, but still, he promised to protect her. Turning around, he walked back to her house. "what?" he asked.

Faylinn heard Damien and returned to the door, biting her lip. "Look, it doesn't matter. Ember's on his way, you should go." A pause, before Faylinn said in a rush "I have no idea how to survive as a vampire."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back