Are you a...duh duh duh...Christian?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
but i do belive in mgic and sana b cause im not allowed to sleep in the living room... + i had a losse toth and it fell outu and i told my parents that i was goin to put it under my pillow that nigt... but i pu it under my pillow the next night and i got a toone and too loonies + my household and i and my dads family do NOT belive nd my mums family (but not my mum) R tryin 2 shove it down my throat
Well ok if you don't believe in God- that's respected. But what if we said 'screw the tooth fairy' or something? That wouldn't be very nice, would it.

Please be repectful of others.

But is this movie actualy a fair, unbiases representation? By the sounds of it, it isn't the typical Christian camp [or lifestyle].
Actually, the reviews I heard about say it's very unbiased, it's just a documentary showing clips of the camp (in the actual movie, nobody says anything, they just show the footage from what I know). What I watched someone else put their comments in it, that wasn't in the movie.

All I know is telling them to pray over George Bush, saying it's wrong for other countries to make a religious war in the name of their god (but it's okay for Christians to do it for theirs), being disrespectful to other religions and races and sexual orientations, etc... That's just not right... They were telling the kids to pray in tongues! ^_^

If you're Christian, that's up to you, although of course if it's brought up, I'm going to question your reasoning ( ;) ), but this is a bit too much. They're basically wanting the whole US to be under their religion and to combine church and state, which is ridiculous.

I think that's on the extreme side [there's always the outlires right?]. I know that I, my family and every other Christian I know is definantly not like that.

Well, there are people like that, but the general Christian population isn't that crazy. I went to camp we didn't pray over a cutout, speak in tongues, or be disrespectful to other peoples [that is wrong].

I have no religion... i just beleive in science.

i think having a religion is okay... i just don;t choose too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's on the extreme side [there's always the outlires right?]. I know that I, my family and every other Christian I know is definantly not like that.
Well, there are people like that, but the general Christian population isn't that crazy. I went to camp we didn't pray over a cutout, speak in tongues, or be disrespectful to other peoples [that is wrong].
What DID you do at this camp. I've never been to one...

I almost had to go to some day camp thing to get confirmed when I was living with my mother, but that was for the Catholic setup. My mom didn't trust that she had to sign a paper for them to take our photos and they wanted to use the pictures online...

I didn't believe anything they were saying... So, I didn't end up going and no long after I stopped praying at supper and told my mom I'm not going to be forced to do something I don't believe in. She threatened to not feed me, I said fine and still got fed... She couldn't really do anything.

If you're Christian, that's up to you, although of course if it's brought up, I'm going to question your reasoning ( ^_^ ), but this is a bit too much. They're basically wanting the whole US to be under their religion and to combine church and state, which is ridiculous.
Ok, im FINE with othere religns!

i think your going a little to far with this!

I have Juses, cathlic, any thing you can name!

Ok so you need to cool it ;)

Ok, im FINE with othere religns! i think your going a little to far with this!

I have Juses, cathlic, any thing you can name!

Ok so you need to cool it ^_^
What? I'm saying that Jesus Camp and what they did there is too much. And that combining church and state (as in, using the Christian religion as a general concept in government) is ridiculous because not everyone believes that.

What on earth are YOU talking about?

What? I'm saying that Jesus Camp and what they did there is too much. And that combining church and state (as in, using the Christian religion as a general concept in government) is ridiculous because not everyone believes that.
I will agree- church and state should be seperate and the things that you mentioned that were on the Jesus Camp aren't quite right either.

OoOoOoOo!

I though,.....im SO sorry!

What is Jesus Camp?

OoOoOoOo!
I though,.....im SO sorry!

What is Jesus Camp?
LOL, it's all right.

Jesus Camp is a documentary video taping some Christian Camp this lady, Becky Fischer, setup...

There are clips on YouTube....

I think you'll get the most out of this guy's videos:

https://youtube.com/user/BigAl2k6

In the search bar for the videos he's uploaded, type "jesus camp" so that you don't have to sift through them all. He puts his comments in between...

I think that's the way to see most of the movie, otherwise I can only find about 20 minutes of the movie without people commenting.

@ tamaw/pants: I'm still wondering what you do at a normal Christian camp... ^_^

well i no im not tamaw/pants, but its REALLY fun!

like i went to GA camp (Girls in Actin) and we had Bible studies and stuff, but its SO fun!

well i no im not tamaw/pants, but its REALLY fun!
like i went to GA camp (Girls in Actin) and we had Bible studies and stuff, but its SO fun!
Bible studies.... Isn't that what you do at Sunday School or CCD or whatever you call it?

What else do you do at the camps? I guess I'm curious how it's different at normal camps than at "Jesus Camp."

@ tamaw/pants: I'm still wondering what you do at a normal Christian camp... :huh:
We do Bible studies, have prayer time, go to worship services, sometimes [depending on the camp] we do different 'missions' like repairing houses for people. Things like that.

But it's not all seriousl- we had 'Water Day' where we played water games and got all muddy and soaking wet.

It's pretty cool. I met some cool people there too. :]

We do Bible studies, have prayer time, go to worship services, sometimes [depending on the camp] we do different 'missions' like repairing houses for people. Things like that.But it's not all seriousl- we had 'Water Day' where we played water games and got all muddy and soaking wet.

It's pretty cool. I met some cool people there too. :]
Okay, that's what I figured it would be like, that makes more sense.

In the movie, the kids weren't allowed to tell ghost stories, play in the rain, anything... They couldn't just be KIDS. Nor could they think for themselves, there was a scene where a kid did not raise his hand, so his mom did it for him (literally grabbed his wrist and raised his hand).

There was another scene where a boy was crying because he was questioning god and everyone stared at him like he was insane.

Glad to hear it's a lot more normal at most camps. :huh:

I guess the part I don't get, though, is why do you have to go to church and go to camp, etc.? I mean, why can't you pray in your own home? I never understood the whole thing.

Theres another camp called Caswell

Its at the beach and its SOME MUCH FUN!

Well i havent been but im going this year

You get like 4 hours of free time!

Theres another camp called Caswell
Its at the beach and its SOME MUCH FUN!

Well i havent been but im going this year

You get like 4 hours of free time!
I see.

I guess I'm curious... Why not go to a camp that isn't religious-based? Just a regular camp?

I want to know why it has to be a Bible camp.

I see.
I guess I'm curious... Why not go to a camp that isn't religious-based? Just a regular camp?

I want to know why it has to be a Bible camp.
Well, some very religious people like to go to a camp where they can learn more about their religion. And if they like to go to church and stuff a lot, they can't do that at a normal sleep away camp, but if they go to a religious camp, they can.

Well, some very religious people like to go to a camp where they can learn more about their religion. And if they like to go to church and stuff a lot, they can't do that at a normal sleep away camp, but if they go to a religious camp, they can.
Yep- we can learn about our religion AND have tons of fun too.

We don't HAVE to go to church. We are supposed to- because we can learn more, help each other and have fun with other Christians- but it's not like you can't pray and study at home. I pray throughout the day no matter where I am and that's just fine.

Uh-huh...

I guess it seems like way too much out-of-the-way attention to the religion. I mean, you live by it AND go to mass, camp, study, etc. With being Wiccan, you just live. Follow good morals, have the right ideas in your head, and live. As long as you don't hurt anyone and respect living things, you're pretty much fine. :huh:

I guess I figure that religion really is a setup for when you die. Gives you what to believe in for after death and tells you how to live to get to the right place. So I feel that you shouldn't be spending so much time of your life worrying about where you're going after you die.

....I forgot where I was going with this. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back