Are you a...duh duh duh...Christian?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am Luthran. But no one knows about that. Thats why it's not a choice :)

Well, I beleive in all teh things.

Correct me if I am wrong, but he DID die for us. He was killed because he did something good for us, right?

I am probably wrong, because I never studied that stuff, but I beleive in karma ;]

I am Luthran. But no one knows about that. Thats why it's not a choice :)
Well, I beleive in all teh things.

Correct me if I am wrong, but he DID die for us. He was killed because he did something good for us, right?

I am probably wrong, because I never studied that stuff, but I beleive in karma ;]
He was blameless his whole life but the Jewish people were not happy with him claiming to be God. So they crusified him and he took our sins on the cross for us so that through him we don't have to suffer the consequences of that sin. The only thing you have to do is take his gift. :]

Oh, so I was sorta right, sorta wrong? : /
Sorta. :]

[bTW- does anyone know how to do the cross out words thing? Like in bamcr's siggy?]

What other 'ideas and theories' are there? For starters- the creation theory. That something or someone had to create it. From the Christian standpoint it was God [God with a capital 'G' meanign 'I am what I am', Jehovah Jira, you get the point] who created everything- earth, gravity, time, air, all of it.
The chances of evolution

Why do we look the same? Could it be... the same creator?

So the find these bones- a tooth, an arm- and then they think they can just totaly tell what the skull looks like? How does that make any sense? If you recall there have been many 'links' that have turned out to be a fraud or scienctificaly incorrect anyways. One was discovered fake 20 years ago but yet they still have it in science books!

My evidence is 1) ruling out evolution because it goes against many things in science. It's alot of info but browse through some of this page- Ten Reasons Why Evolution is Wrong. That's some science for ya.

2) The Bible. You may say it's not right, or not 'scientifical' enough for you but I totaly believe ALL of it because if one part is wrong how can we believe all of it isn't. It's not some scam or a personal boost for someone [which I can discuss later if wanted but that would take a little bit because there's evidence in the credibility of the Bible too]. So I believe God created the world in 6 real, 24 hour days and rested on the 7th.

About getting smarter- personaly I think we are getting dumber. Just look at us- we could barely live without technology. It's not us evolving, it's us building on it.

Wheew, sorry for the long post but there's lots to cover. :]
If it wasn't because it's so late I would read it but....too tired :rolleyes: Although I am Christian...I don't go to church. Although you are right about some things. If we did evolve...where did the little bacteria thing come from? That's something to think about. I think that God might've made the first few living creatures and then those creatures evolved into humas. (I'm sorry if I'm upsetting anyody who disagrees with me I'm just saying what I think) Although I might not be right though.

Although I am Christian I don't go to church....I think it's boring really (no offence) I don't know why....my grandma used to make me go to church but I always ended playing with the other kids.

((how did evolution get mixed with religion?))

Being catholic and christian are the same thing ;) . I don't have a religeion. I don't believe in any of that stuff. I trust the facts. Science disporves so many things that there to beleive and I trust science. I don't believe in it as you can't but that's what I trust.

There are some religeions I like more than others and find more believable.

Oh and tamaw/pants you use this:

Code:
[s] [/s]

Technology such as Video Games, television, the internet-those things are not making us smarter.

Technology that scientists use are making the scientists smarter, and us more informed.

"Because Evolution utilizes random mutations as the main engine of their postulate, we can then use the laws of probability to exam their claims. Many evolutionists cry foul here, but they have no reason to do so as they also use probability to lay out their claims."

Tell me. Where the hell did a creature like the platypus come from?? Really. (God?

TELL ME WHERE GOD CAME FROM. HE COULDN'T HAVE CREATED HIMSELF. THAT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

SOME HORRIBLE MUTATION THAT'S WHAT.)

Same with humans.

Thank you for the websites.

Let's look at the odds of god creating something.

With the evidence you have so far,

um, none,

we've got the odds in our favor (people who believe in evoluion)

You're a million years behind us.

"They use ad-hominen attacks and accuse creationists as being stupid and unable to understand their “science”."

"They will talk circles around you and call you stupid if you don’t know what they are talking about."

What the f*** do you think you're doing?

GOD CREATED EVERYTHING...IT CAME FROM GOD.

IT CAME FROM GOD, GOD CAME FROM GOD.

GOD GOD GOD.

SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE.

There's no way either of us will prove something to each other.

"Other microevolution issues we look at are selective breeding in dogs, cats or cows for example. If we let these all breed together they would all fall back to some common denominator animal. But you can see how far the genome will stretch when you look at a teacup poodle and a rottweiler. But they never created another species."

BECAUSE IT TAKES MILLIONS OF YEARS FOR A SPECIES TO MUTATE! THIS MUTATION IS DUE TO ENVIRONMENT CHANGES THAT OCCUR THROUGH TIME.

"Creationists believe in natural selection but we doubt the role mutations play in evolution and know if we can show that mutations cannot be part of the engine, then evolution will have lost its’ power."

...what do you call down's syndrome? That is a genetic mutation!!!! There are hundreds of them, and if those people multuply with people of their type, etc, etc, then the whole population will have down's syndrome. It happens over time. It is indeed, a RANDOM thing that ACTUALLY HAPPENS; It can ACTUALLY HAPPEN to a whole population over time.

"But none of these processes can add any data to the genome, they just move data around."

What happens when you move it around in JUST the combination where we grow hair all over our bodies? Then, we only develop a certian part of our brains, loose our opposible thumbs, etc? Then, we are monkies. They have dna too, guys.

If you know that god is real, then prove it.

Don't speak in tounges, because people with scitzophrenia do that as well.

"1. The mutations must be positive and allow the organism to procreate and pass them on.

2. The mutations must add information to the genome of the organism.

To date no evolutionist has pointed out such a mutation and if they exist they must be exceedingly rare"

...because they are so rare, that they only happen every 30,000 years or so?? I could do this with the whole website.

"A mutation almost always involves a loss of information or just a copy of information"

ALMOST ALWAYS. NOT ALWAYS. ALLLMOSTTTTT always.

"They don’t believe in Creation because that would make them have to answer to God."

God? God is everything happening right now. I am God. I answer to Him everyday. Many evolutionists believe in God. They just don't believe that we popped up out of nothing!

This website is just condrtradicting Science.

"Another problem with the primitive atmosphere is the presence of oxygen. Oxygen would destroy much of the organic compounds so the evolutionists came up with a reducing atmosphere or one without O2 and with CH4 as the main carbon carrier."

...there weren't trees OR people, so what do you suppose the atmosphere was made up of?

Kids, when you're in 10th grade you'll go to biology class.

Your teacher will TEACH you evolution.

Hopefully you'll learn something in that class.

"Paleontology is rife with such leaps of logic, false deductions and wishful thinking."

What do you call God?

You've got nothing on us.

We at least have SOME evidence, some ACTUAL evidence, no matter how miniscule or 'ridiculous' you find it, it's still more than you'll ever have.

HA!

I believe that Christianity is becoming a cult.
Not with everybody, but with the people who fear god's wrath, people who fear hell, fear 'sins', etc.

Watch the movie "Jesus Camp".

It will change your world.

I also believe, that religions are taking advantage of people. Children, mostly. They are being brainwashed into 'believing.'

What I believe in, is a higher power, it's called time and space. NOW. NOW NOW NOW. What is happening NOW is what's controlling us. We can't stop it. It is GOD!

Read The Electric Kool-Aide Acid Test.

That will also change your world.

* Edit by TamaMum: Before anyone gets all fired up for a flame war - please remember that you are in Seriously (Non) TamaTalk where all site rules are to be followed (no excuses, no exceptions) and all discussion should be mature and sensible: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showt...dpost&p=1668801 *
Lolololol. XD No.

How can this so called 'god' be around forever, something must have created him at SOME time. 0_o Either that or he made himself. o.o

I beleive in reincarnation, to be honest. But not that you know what you were in your last life.

Agreed with your post, too.

"Paleontology is rife with such leaps of logic, false deductions and wishful thinking."
What do you call God?

You've got nothing on us.

We at least have SOME evidence, some ACTUAL evidence, no matter how miniscule or 'ridiculous' you find it, it's still more than you'll ever have.

HA!
Why don't you back off and accept other's opinions? We'd respect you more.

I also forgot to elaborate on what I -did- believe in the first post I made. I believe time is a circle, and eventually the universe will collapse and then rebound in another big bang, resulting in the same life, etc.

Too bad I'm too tired to read your post's addieral- or at least every word of it.

I will comment on the whole 'who made God thing'. No one made God. If you believe in God [like G-o-d, not some god] it's fairly easy to understand- well kind of. It's a little hard to rap your mind around. Anyways- just go with it and pretend you believe in God for a sec.- if God created the earth, time, gravity, ect., it doesn't mean He was created. God is not bound by the laws of 'science' and physics because to put it simply, He made them.

You think you can just push things down my throat but it's considered 'offensive' when someone mentions the name of Jesus or the G-word? Now how does that work out ok? How hypocritical.

I'd love to have a mature debate with you but curssing and yelling with capitals is not what I consider mature. You aren't going to change my mind but with debating we can learn more about BOTH topics and begin to understand different beliefs.

[Thanks for the code Star Tama! ^^]

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there is a lot of evidence of evolution, but there is also A LOT of evidence about God existing. Like the Bible, the Saints of the world, people having visions of God or Jesus, and miracles. So, addierall, we all have our opinions, and nothing you say about people evolving from apes can change a Christian's mind. I respect your theory, but please stop trying to change our beliefs! :D

Earlier, you were asking about evidence. People have found the tomb Jesus laid in. During mass in Rome, the host the priest was holding turned into actual flesh- a real witnessed miracle. Countless people I know have witnessed visions of Jesus. Parts of Jesus' cross have been found. The Bible was written. People have found Noah's ark's resting place. I could go on and on about evidence that you ask for, but I wouldn't be able to fit it all here. :D

I'm no trying to change your beliefs, I'm just saying that there is definetly evidence, and no matter what you say, everyone will have different beliefs. =]

Last edited by a moderator:
Tamalight- I'm not offended or anything and you can choose to believe what you wish, but if you believe the Bible- the whole Bible, not just parts- then the evolution/creation theory conflicts with it. If you want to find out what the Bible does say about the beginning of well, everything, then read the first part of Genisis. :]

Maybe you could look for a youth group to join. I wish I knew you personaly so you could go to my youth group! It's good to go to church so you can learn more and fellowship with other Christians. Maybe look around or ask a fried or two. ;]

About the ark, tomb, cross- actualy people really don't know for sure. It's a possibility but there's just no way to tell for sure.

Tamagirl 101, People on LSD have also witnesses visions of Jesus. I thought I saw God when I was on acid, so I will not consider that evidence. People with scitzophrenia have also witnessed visions of Jesus or God. Yes, Jesus was a real person. And yes, tamaw/pants, none of those things (the cross, the ark, the tomb) have been proven as actual factual things. However, evidence that these things might have existed is out there! I believe that some of the stories in the bible were true, but eggagerated. I also believe that Jesus was a real person.

But who said I don't believe in God? I do, I believe we're all God, God is life, death, God is that everything/nothing emotion that humans can't comphrehend. Everything = nothing, we can't compute that in our human forms. I believe that we're all just one big mass of energy, and that is how I precieve God. That huge mass of energy.

When did I say that mentioning God or Jesus is offensive? Please, talk about Him. I don't find it 'offensive', or rude at all. In fact I'm not sure where you got that from, tamawpants. Not once did I mention anything along the lines of it.

And the thing is, that even if all of our evidence was here, you (and other Christians) would choose not to believe in it, because it goes against the book of God.

So why should I even bother being calm about the subject, when I know no matter how I act, I won't get through to you. It's a loose/loose battle. I can't be calm because you won't take me seriously, and I can't be angry because you see me as a radical lunatic! *sigh*

I'm Jewish. I don't think anyone is forced into believing anything. They chose to believe what they want. It's not being brainwashed. That sounds silly.

I'm agnostic. That means I believe there is a higher power or powers out there, however we do not know what or who it is and until they come out and tell us, we won't know. We can't be the top of the pyramid. There's got to be more somewhere out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back