Are you a...duh duh duh...Christian?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm OK I don't really have a religion now, no one can tell me otherwise. Just because I don't believe in god, doesn't mean I'm going to go around smoking pot, smoking ciggies and spamming on tamatalk. A lot of people have pushed religion too far in the past and some even do it now.

It's a bit silly in Iran that if I girl doesn't wear an Islam veil they go to prison. I understand that the Government is religious but it doesn't mean every one else in his country are to follow his footsteps. Other countries also push religion too far.

And Hitler in the World War two, he killed all those people just for being Hebrews. Just because they didn't share his beliefs which is over the top.

Oh, and in the Tudor Times all these Catholics and Protestants in England and Scotland getting executed for belief.

And there's the Romans as well, killing millions of Christians and Hebrews because they didn't believe in their silly gods/goddesses.

And what about The Ancient Egyptians? Keeping Hebrews as slaves because they're....well Hebrews.

Yes, and Shakespeare writing the terrible stuff about the Hebrews, that's right, Shakespeare, the guy who wrote "The most wonderful words in history".

There's a load more historical religion stuff but it will take forever to put them all on.

People in the Past and People in the present should have chosen/should be able to believe whatever they want with no trouble what so ever.

All that stuff is exactly why I don't have a religion.

Erm OK I don't really have a religion now, no one can tell me otherwise. Just because I don't believe in god, doesn't mean I'm going to go around smoking pot, smoking ciggies and spamming on tamatalk. A lot of people have pushed religion too far in the past and some even do it now.
It's a bit silly in Iran that if I girl doesn't wear an Islam veil they go to prison. I understand that the Government is religious but it doesn't mean every one else in his country are to follow his footsteps. Other countries also push religion too far.

And Hitler in the World War two, he killed all those people just for being Hebrews. Just because they didn't share his beliefs which is over the top.

Oh, and in the Tudor Times all these Catholics and Protestants in England and Scotland getting executed for belief.

And there's the Romans as well, killing millions of Christians and Hebrews because they didn't believe in their silly gods/goddesses.

And what about The Ancient Egyptians? Keeping Hebrews as slaves because they're....well Hebrews.

Yes, and Shakespeare writing the terrible stuff about the Hebrews, that's right, Shakespeare, the guy who wrote "The most wonderful words in history".

There's a load more historical religion stuff but it will take forever to put them all on.

People in the Past and People in the present should have chosen/should be able to believe whatever they want with no trouble what so ever.

I agree 110%!!!

I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but back then that was when religion was developing. Things are much more respectful than they were hundreds of years ago.

Just a thought.

Jews are the most martyred of people groups/religion. It goes WAY back. So you have to understand a bit about the Jews plus the fights over the Holy Land with the Muslims to get a full picture of what happened and what's happening now.

It's very sad but that's part of Islam. If the government is Islam, the people have to abide by their rules which is sad! There is no form of tolerance there at all. You become Christian, Buddest, anything else than Islamic and you're killed.

In their sacred text, the only real way to know if you are going to the better afterlife [not sure if that's with Allah- I'd have to look it up] is to kill others in a suicide. But, not all of the Muslim people are that 'out there' if you will. There are girls in my school that actualy wear the headwraps but my other Muslim friend doesn't.

Hitler didn't only kill the Jews. He killed the sick, the disabled, the mentaly challenged- the list goes on and on. He was trying to "speed up evolution" ultimatly by picking and choosing the 'best' genes to go into the gene pool. He thought he actualy was helping humanity by killing of what he considered the weaklings and inferior so that there would be a more perfect human in the future. It's discusting- he thought he could just play nature or god. He couldn't be more wrong.

Yes, they should have but it didn't work that way. All religions have had some 'bad' history but you have to ask yourself, is it because of human nature that goes against what the god/rules of their religion say or is it what the religion commands that is wrong.

@tamtamkitty- But it's still happening today. Here, we take religious freedom for granted but look at Iran. You aren't Islamic, you litteraly are killed. Sometimes even by your own family. If a Christian goes to China as a missionary, they could get detained, booted out of the country or worse. People get killed HERE because of their religion [Columbine, for instance]. It seems more respectful here because we have so much tolerance to choose that it makes us blind- religous freedom is not granted to everyone elsewhere.

@tamtamkitty- But it's still happening today. Here, we take religious freedom for granted but look at Iran. You aren't Islamic, you litteraly are killed. Sometimes even by your own family. If a Christian goes to China as a missionary, they could get detained, booted out of the country or worse. People get killed HERE because of their religion [Columbine, for instance]. It seems more respectful here because we have so much tolerance to choose that it makes us blind- religous freedom is not granted to everyone elsewhere.
Gotcha' thanks for the insight. ;]

I think that's horrible, but I guess conflict over religion is never gonna end.

[and by the way TW/P your soo smart in this stuff! Bahhh]

In some place in Africa they believe that any kids whose family members who have died of AIDS or something are beaten and chucked into the street, accused of witch craft. Some kids even get accused of witch craft for something like bad behaviour or wetting the bed. Mostly the kids get beaten by Priests but it costs a lot of money so sometimes the family just does it. If priests are included, it must be something to do with whatever religion they have.

And in Iran, well it's just appalling! Do they even to that to tourists?!

Gotcha' thanks for the insight. ;]I think that's horrible, but I guess conflict over religion is never gonna end.

[and by the way TW/P your soo smart in this stuff! Bahhh]
No problem. It interests me too so I like to write about it. xD

I want to *maybe* be a Christian apologetics person [what do you call that?!] when I get older so looking and debating these sorts of topics is right down my alley.

@Missbehave- If a tourist walks down the street of Iran and they don't have a headwrap [for women] then I'm pretty sure they wouldn't just kill them but they'd think it was wierd and rude of them not too. Kind of like we think it's rude to have Islamic people demand we put foot washers in airports here in America. I think that's outragous but when in Rome, do what the Romans do.

Now, if I go over there and tell people about Christianity and they find out, the could kill me, yes. Or they may throw me in prison or have other bad things done to me. It doesn't just happen there though. I'm pretty sure there was a missionary group the Chinese government was holding a while back but because of political pressure, they let them go. Don't quote me on that, but it's happened before.

I have a question..

Well im Atheist know But i use to be a christan

But I was baptised Does that mean im still christian :)

I asked my friend that and he said that Im still christan and i might go to heaven >.>

I dont even belive in heaven!!

Baptism isn't what saves you. It's your desicion to trust in Jesus Christ as your savior and Lord, He blamelessly died on the cross for your sins and that without that repentence you could never be with God and you ment it, then yes, you are a Christian. If you didn't do that or didn't mean it then no, you aren't a Christian.

You don't just 'quit'. You could disown your religion but once truely saved, always saved. But again, it's not baptism or 'holy water' that does anything just like jumping into a pool of water doesn't make you a fish. ;]

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, sice everyone views their religon diferently, and no 2 people have the exact same veiws, everyone has there own religon. You are a member of the *Your Name Here* religon. Everyone thinks different thoughts therefore everyone has a different religon!

Baptism isn't what saves you. It's your desicion to trust in Jesus Christ as your savior and Lord, He blamelessly died on the cross for your sins and that without that repentence you could never be with God and you ment it, then yes, you are a Christian. If you didn't do that or didn't mean it then no, you aren't a Christian.
You don't just 'quit'. You could disown your religion but once truely saved, always saved. But again, it's not baptism or 'holy water' that does anything just like jumping into a pool of water doesn't make you a fish. ;]
Thank Tama/Paws But i have a serious question know

Everyone in my family are Huge Christans like my Nana has god statues in her house :huh:

Should i tell them im Atheist???

Paper*cut, it's always better to tell people the truth than to try to be something you're not. If you're an Atheist, then you should tell your family. ;)

Moving on to my views, I'm a non-denominational Christian. I believe in God, and I've repented my sins, and now God lives inside me. :p

I go to a traditional Baptist church, just to learn about God, but I don't agree with everything they preach. I believe that whatever the Bible says is the truth. If, say, dancing were a sin, it would say it in the Bible, but it doesn't. And on that basis, I consider myself non-denominational. :D

Paper*cut, it's always better to tell people the truth than to try to be something you're not. If you're an Atheist, then you should tell your family. :lol:
Moving on to my views, I'm a non-denominational Christian. I believe in God, and I've repented my sins, and now God lives inside me. :(

I go to a traditional Baptist church, just to learn about God, but I don't agree with everything they preach. I believe that whatever the Bible says is the truth. If, say, dancing were a sin, it would say it in the Bible, but it doesn't. And on that basis, I consider myself non-denominational. ;)
@ Paper*cut- I agree with the post below- you may find it hard but seriously, talk to them about it. They'd be wrong to shun your or to push you out of the way. You may have other questions you want answered and you could go to them.

If they are true Christians and follow Christ, they won't beat on your and blow you off because of your other beliefs. ;]

I go to a baptist church that believes all in the Bible is true, like you do. So I find it wierd that they don't believe in all the Bible or add on to it and the like. Maybe there's a difference between Southern Baptist and just plain Baptist?

Baptists are infamous for the no dancing rule and your church may think differently, but there is a valid reason for the dancing issue. There's a morality issue here for a few reasons- I'm sure you've been to a dance, grinding grinding grinding. We don't believe it's just ok to dance so inappropriatly and anything that may lead to that I suppose is a no no.

It is kind of wierd, but my church is different. We actualy had a square dance night and a program that did involve dance. If it's not so touchy touchy, generaly it's ok. But again, yours may be different which like you, I do not agree.

im catholic but i dont lik some of the catholic stuff like u should be able to marry someone from another religion cuz i like this boy from another religion but i dont tell my parents cuz thy will go crazy on me

I'm Muslim and people always have bad views against Muslims just because of 9/11...the truth is i'm just like you Christians. I do normal things, I have a crush, i go to normal school, I shop at Hollister and Abercrombie (PS: luv those 2 storez!)...the only thing different is that I do some things differently, but that doesn't make me a freak does it now?!

Chatterbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back