Are you a...duh duh duh...Christian?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Muslim and people always have bad views against Muslims just because of 9/11...the truth is i'm just like you Christians. I do normal things, I have a crush, i go to normal school, I shop at Hollister and Abercrombie (PS: luv those 2 storez!)...the only thing different is that I do some things differently, but that doesn't make me a freak does it now?!
Chatterbox
Of course not- I don't believe you are any different besides your beliefs. I have awesome Muslim friends that wouldn't hurt a ffly. ;]

But doesn't it say in the Quar'ran [sp?] about that suicide bombings? I'm not accusing you, but I'm pretty sure that unless they 'changed it' there is something about that and picking off everyone who isn't Muslim. Again, not saying you are a crazy terrorist and you may not agree with what it says in certain parts, but I know there was something in there like that.

Well just to add on about what Chatterbox said, some Caucasion [sp?] people have done murders, robbing, etc, so why aren't we being classified as a group like the Muslims/middle easterns are?

Just because a couple Muslim people created 9/11, that doesn't seem right at all to judge to whole group based on someone elses actions. White people have done many crimes that could all add up to 9/11, but what I know of, no one is callig us trash, so why call them terrorists? If something is on the news, does that mean we can only judge thse crimes?

Blah I'm getting myself confussed, I hope you get the idea.

I would go on, but my key board is on the fritz and I'm using an on screen one.

I go to a baptist church that believes all in the Bible is true, like you do. So I find it wierd that they don't believe in all the Bible or add on to it and the like. Maybe there's a difference between Southern Baptist and just plain Baptist?
Baptists are infamous for the no dancing rule and your church may think differently, but there is a valid reason for the dancing issue. There's a morality issue here for a few reasons- I'm sure you've been to a dance, grinding grinding grinding. We don't believe it's just ok to dance so inappropriatly and anything that may lead to that I suppose is a no no.

It is kind of wierd, but my church is different. We actualy had a square dance night and a program that did involve dance. If it's not so touchy touchy, generaly it's ok. But again, yours may be different which like you, I do not agree.
Actually, my church doesn't believe that everything in the Bible is true, but I certainly do.

I understand the whole morality issue, and I agree with that. I don't believe it's okay to dance like that either. There is a valid reason for that particular style of dancing being wrong, but not every kind of dance has a valid reason.

My sister's husband learned how to dance the waltz for their wedding. That was their first dance as a married couple, and she was so excited, when all of a sudden, an elder from the church condemns them both for it. I don't understand why dancing the waltz with your spouse is "wrong." Dancing suggestively, however, is a whole different story.

But my church tends to add on to/take away parts from the Bible. The best example of this is the whole alchohol issue. My church believes that drinking is a sin. But, Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine. The Bible clearly says that it was wine. God knows the word for "grape juice," so why would he say wine if it wasn't wine? What the Bible says is not that it's a sin to drink, but it's a sin to get drunk. :angry: Under age drinking is a sin, though, as it breaks the law.

So, yeah, Southern Baptists do have different views and opinions than others.

That's all I have to say for now. Just throwing my thoughts out there.

Well just to add on about what Chatterbox said, some Caucasion [sp?] people have done murders, robbing, etc, so why aren't we being classified as a group like the Muslims/middle easterns are?
Just because a couple Muslim people created 9/11, that doesn't seem right at all to judge to whole group based on someone elses actions. White people have done many crimes that could all add up to 9/11, but what I know of, no one is callig us trash, so why call them terrorists? If something is on the news, does that mean we can only judge thse crimes?

Blah I'm getting myself confussed, I hope you get the idea.

I would go on, but my key board is on the fritz and I'm using an on screen one.
This would be totaly true ACCEPT for the fact that in the Muslim belief it is actualy right to kill non-believers. Not saying you are a suicidal maniac if you are Muslim -some do not agree with this- but that's what it says in the Quar'ran. That's why people may stereotype ALL Muslims as crazy murderers because it's in their text. As I've mentioned before, in places in the Middle East if people turn anything BUT Islamic they are killed by their own family.

It's kind of like how some Christians believe that this or that is actualy ok even though the Bible specificaly states it isn't. Some just don't agree with it for whatever reason.

@happi bunny- Oh really? That's crazy that they add/take away parts. Iagree 100% with ya. ;]

Last edited by a moderator:
It is, isn't it, tamaw/pants? In my area, it's so hard to find people that believe exactly what the Bible says, nothing more, nothing less. =/

i dont get it! do u believe or dont u? and i am christain, is there anything wrong with that :rolleyes: and also i chose this religion on my own, my parents dont like going to church in the morning or evining cuz they are too tired so I told them i wanted to get babtized and i told them i wanted to read the bible so i had to put matters into my own hands, and christian means that u believe in god and and blieve in heven and u dont need rituals to prove it.

Who is your question directed at? =S

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a Christian. There's nothing wrong with any religion, really. You can believe in whatever you want. :rolleyes:

I agree with what you said, you don't need rituals to be a Christian. Spot on. ^^ I've been trying to get that across to my aunt and uncle for a long time. =/

awww...u guyz r so sweeeet! I don't think it says anything in the Qu'ran about how it's allowed to kill non-believers. I DO know that it's said to RESPECT Christians and Jews, though. I haven't done Qu'ran studies ever, so im not eggzactly sure about anything....

Chatty Boxy Foxy

awww...u guyz r so sweeeet! I don't think it says anything in the Qu'ran about how it's allowed to kill non-believers. I DO know that it's said to RESPECT Christians and Jews, though. I haven't done Qu'ran studies ever, so im not eggzactly sure about anything....
Chatty Boxy Foxy
Slay non-muslims: "Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful," (Quran 9:5). [1]

"Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks until, when ye have routed them, then making fast of bonds; and afterward either grace or ransom till the war lay down its burdens..." (Quran 47:4). [1]

Don't go thinking every Muslim wants to kill you because you are of some other faith, but it's in the text. Respecting? If they go by the book, not here.

[1] https://www.carm.org/islam/terrorism.htm

Not to like upset anyone religious, but I am against religion, I have other things to do in my life.

BTW; the title is a bit...offencive...

im aithiest. RELIGION AND MONEY R THE CAUSE OF JUST ABUT EVERYTHING BAD IN THIS WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this topic is just a little ofensive... right now I am looking for something to believe in and most of these churches are not brainwashing! once u hit about 12, you start to think for yourself and then you can decide for reals. Up til that time so what! Whats wrong with kids believing in a higher power or believing that a god loves you. You cant make accusations on churches just cuz u dont agree with it. Im not even christian and that title offended me.

Non-beliver here. I don't care is someone is a Christian, I don't like the fact is when extream christians have to put down non-belivers or deem them inferior. The Bible feels like one big story book to me.

I havent decided on religion. But what bothers me is that for thousands of years, people have based their lives around the bible, which wasnt even written by 'God', It was written by a person just as great as you or me. I dont really want to live my life around something that might just have been made up by someone. I do beleive that there could be a God out there, and a Heaven and Hell, and I'd rather beleive what I want than what someone wrote down.

Yeah, I don't know what I believe in. But say we evolved from apes, where the hellojello did everything else come from? Did the planet just create itself, is their another scientific theory on how the world was formed and all that. The bible was not written by god, but by people. It's very likely most of the storys are fables and life lessons. People have devopled faith and religion for hope, and they heavily rely on it. I really doubt their is a god, I have prayed before. Nothing ever happens and there is no feeling or response, even though I want to believe in a much higher power. I think people believe and trust in God so much, they start to believe they can hear it. One of my teachers, was having us read a similar story written before Noahs Ark. She said, Noah's Ark was definitely a true story, since there are soo many stories about it. We were also told to pray for a member of her family, during class. I just faked a prayer, I felt bad but It was too awkward. Then we watched a movie on "Bible Truths and Myths", are we supposed to be learning about somthing that might not even be true? Yes, its history..but a video like that would be "opinion" based, no?

*Please do not curse- I WILL change them to something less attractive!*

Do you think I am not prepared to take them? I am! I have people shove the bible down my throat every day, and I am sick of it! It is fine that you believe in it! But I don't! So back off!
Beliefs and Truth...

The earth's temperature is rising at a pace of 0.06 percent each year. THAT IS A PROVEN FACT. It is not a BELIEF That is a scientific FACT. And yes, that is a big number. Because we're facing serious danger in the near future!! Our ozone is being depleted thanks to cars and hairspray and the plumes of smoke wafting from the factories!!

Adam and Eve: Prove it.

Show me the fossils. I'd love to see them.

And don't you dare say the bible, the bible is merely a storybook of tall tales and fables.

Okay what else did I want to say...Someone else posted something about how the bible teaches lessons? It does! It's great! ...the parts of it that are teaching good fables, not ones of evil and hypocracy. I think that MOST of the stories in the bible are those that you should teach and impose onto others- Love your brother. Treat others how you would like to be treated.

..but not PRAISE GOD OR YOU WILL GO TO HELL.

Because prove hell to me too, while you're at it.

Prove heaven!

It's all a belief, and without people to believe in HIM, god wouldn't exist!
This my be kinda Flam(ish) but not totally..

Uhh, excuse me? no one is shoving the bible down your throat. Why can't you just keep an open mind and try to get educated about other people's culture instead of your own? And uhh, the bible isn't just fairy tales, it is a book to educate us about Legends, christianity, beliefs, and maybe even about keeping an open mind..

Adam and Eve can't scientifically be proven. Why do you think EVERYTHING in the world is explainable and has a scientific fact behind it?

okay, and once again you cant scientifically prove heaven.. I am not going to 'shove' the christian beliefs down your throat but I am just saying that heaven cannot be proven. Havn't you ever heard about Angel's? People have seen angel's

alot! If there isn't a heaven then how do you explain angels? And it is not all a belief! It is true and you can never prove its not true.. Hell isn't considered a threat either. It's not like you'll never get out of it. If you say to god "Please god, I am sorry please forgive me. I will Never do anything bad in my life anymore" And god will know if your lieing and if it is coming from the bottom of your heart.

Just my opinions ... Don't wanna offend anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back