are you a vegan?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, eating meat is bad for your health! check this out: https://www.vernoncoleman.com/eatingfor.htm

Cinderpelt- thanks for replying! it's nice to get someone to reply that is actually a vegan or vegetarian! also, cool name! do you like the Warriors series by Erin Hunter? i LOVE that series!
If that was the case, we'd be dead.

Meat contains a bunch of iron and that stuff we need. No iron = dead human.

But, I guess your lucky about your link choice.

If you chose a PETA website link to throw at us, I'd have to hang myself.

actually, eating meat is bad for your health! check this out: https://www.vernoncoleman.com/eatingfor.htm

Cinderpelt- thanks for replying! it's nice to get someone to reply that is actually a vegan or vegetarian! also, cool name! do you like the Warriors series by Erin Hunter? i LOVE that series!
There are pros and cons about eating meat and being vegan/vegetarian.

PETA lies.

I have eaten meat since i was young. I am no way shape or form unhealthy.

TamaMum edit: *removed - site rules*

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up people.

Keep it polite and sensible in this topic.

No one wants to see it descend into snide remarks about what is good for you or what is bad for you.

Topic starter asked if anyone was vegan. If you want to explain why you are not that's fine whatever your eating habits, it's not a good idea to post misleading information.

Check your facts (whichever side of the nutritional fence you stand on).

A healthy diet maintains (or improves) our health.

If you consume the right amount of nutrients and water you have a healthy diet.

Nutrients are obtained from different kinds of food, so there are a wide variety of diets that can be considered healthy.

As long as everyone remembers that ideas of what counts as "healthy eating" varies depending on different scientific reports, cultural fashions, religious reasons and personal choices.

Just because you have no experience of living without a food product in your life, doesn't mean it can't be done and doesn't mean it is unhealthy :)

I feel like you are forcing your vaules and views on people.

I don't care if someone is vegan or vegetarian. I care if they force their vaules and belifes on me. Like preaching on hos eating meat makes you a cannibal. WHich I have met someone on a differnt site with that view.

I feel like you are forcing your vaules and views on people.
I don't care if someone is vegan or vegetarian. I care if they force their vaules and belifes on me. Like preaching on hos eating meat makes you a cannibal. WHich I have met someone on a differnt site with that view.
I'm sorry to disagree, that is not true.

This member has asked if anyone is a vegan.

They have specifically mentioned that they know some vegans are too strident in their views but that it is a stereotype and they are looking for like minded members.

They have not forced their values or views on anyone.

They have responded to points made by other members such as:

that we need to eat meat for the iron or we would be dead

that a vegan diet is unhealthy

Like I said. I respect Vegans and Vegetarians, but I am not one. I couldn't become one, due to having Allgeries to tofu, nuts, soy and beans. I respect the regilions who go with a vegan diet. COnsidering I knwo a few who have religions who require that diet.

I don't like ones who force their belifes.

i'm not forcing my beliefs, i just want to chat with other vegans :)
It's fine. Just. I do advise you kinda be careful and respect people who don't eat a vegan diet, okay?

Keep it a happy medium. I eat meat, but I am pretty healthy. Most smart eaters check the "label". The Vegetarians I met still eat stuff such as Seafood and pultry. My stepfather has some family who are Vegetarians who just eat Seafood.

I do respect non-vegans, in fact, most of my friends aren't vegetarians, and none are vegans. and i know that there are many very healthy people who are not vegans.

*edit: off topic - that PETA thread was closed for a reason. Don't start discussing it in another topic :)

I love cute animals, but I like meat too. I think we should be able to eat and drink things from certain animals such as cows, chickens, etc. But I think we should NOT eat certain animals like dogs, cats, anything that could be a loving pet. It also sickens me that people use animal skin for fashion or abuse animals.
EDIT: Oh, and I'm sorry, but I love my bacon :I
That would actually make us all be pretty much vegetarians/vegans.

Cows, pigs, chickens and the like can also be thought of as pets and actually ARE pets to some.

As for the original question/topic: I'm not vegan/vegetarian.

No, I'm not vegan. Nor am I vegetarian. Though I completely respect every single individual who makes the decision to be one. Personally, I think it's very important to eat meat since it contains a whole heap of iron which is absolutely essential for the human body. Then again, you can collect your iron from other foods such as fruits and vegetables which can be just as beneficial. Still, I'm not planning on changing my eating habits at the moment. :)

I honestly could never live without dairy products.

I can take away the meat, but I still choose not to.

Just my opinions.

Personally, I am a vegetarian. Have been, for around a year and 8 months? Something of that. Anyway, I don't mind people eating meat in front of me, what I do mind is people waving their meat in front of my face. I find it revolting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back