Are you emo?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not emo.

Although, it is commonly mistaken that I am ^^

I don't mind. I get used to it.

People see my feet and jump to conclusions o_O

I don't believe in limiting myself like that, though, I have no problems with people who do label themselves.

Okay sorry 4 the outburst i had...but seriously...the world is so dumb right now. For example, kids these days think Michael Jackson is ugly and dumb just cuz he supposedly molested a kid and isn't the best looking person. They kno nothing about him, about his history, his childhood, they don't kno ANYTHING! They just jump to conclusions cuz of what others tell them and pictures of him. They just think its fun to make fun of him. Yes, he did do child abuse, and I hate him for that, but thousands of people abuse, and I don't see those peeps being made fun of! So one day peepl ask their mom or dad or some1 else "what's emo" and their response is most likely "some1 who wears black and blah blah BLAH! Just don't be emo!"

Gosh, I can't explain how sad i am and how much hatred is looming over the earth right now...urgh : :wacko: :

Chatz

Chatz

Ok, well-

https://ask.yahoo.com/20070524.html

Have a look there, emo stands for "emotional" emo's are emotional people, and when they have problems with themselves, family, or school- only those types slit, you don't have to be an emo to self harm. :/

Is originally started off as a type of music, which originated to what it is now.

Im not emo. The end.

Rib

well i don't really know cuz i listen to the type of music emos listen to and i wear black almost all the time, but i never cut my rists or think about commiting suicide and i'm probobly one of the most happy and energetic people around so i don't know cuz you help me decide

sandragotchi- Not all emo's self harm, it's only people who have problems at home or at school. :furawatchi:

Do you like hanging out with other emo's?

To Ribbo:

i'm the only emo at my school except for one of my friends but i would consider her more of a punk

PS- I don't mean only people who have problems at home or school are the only ones that self harm, it's the ones that have reasons to cut. :(

Ok, here comes the hard bit to explain about emo's.

They dres like that, so they can hang out with other emo's.

Because they don't feel like they fit in any other "group". That is why they hang out with the other emo's- if you want to be classed as one, I would recommend finding other people, like yourself, to hang out with- but thats just my opinion. ;)

PS- I don't mean only people who have problems at home or school are the only ones that self harm, it's the ones that have reasons to cut. :D
Ok, here comes the hard bit to explain about emo's.

They dres like that, so they can hang out with other emo's.

Because they don't feel like they fit in any other "group". That is why they hang out with the other emo's- if you want to be classed as one, I would recommend finding other people, like yourself, to hang out with- but thats just my opinion. :wacko:
True dat, LOL! xD

Hit the nail on the head. ;]

True dat, LOL! xD
Hit the nail on the head. ;]
Lol!

That's what I don't understand about emo's- this point isn't hitting at ALL emo's, k.;

They class everybody who doesn't act and dress as them 'prep's' :)

It doesn't actualy surprise me why they don't fir in, even though sometimes I feel sory for them- there is this boy who dresses as a 'Scene kid'. Gosh, there are WAY too many names for emo's, why can't they just stick to one? :<

Basically, it was music- it got exaggerated into a stle, and people start 'acting' like emo's.

I can't really explain, it's just a bit to hard. :/

No. To tell you th truth, I don't go under any category. (That may or may not be a good thing)

...maybe. I just think it's cool. There is nothing wrong with it and dressing a certain way does not say anything about the kind of person you are, it just says what you think looks good. A lot of people say that I cut myself just because I wear black a lot, but that's not true. I don't stereotype other people who don't or do dress like me, I hang out with everyone who i like (well they like me too).

The whole emo thing did come out of a style of music, but it sort of took on a life of it's own. It's often confused with goth but they have really different roots (I think they are both cool though). Some of the people who did dress like this starting practicing self mutilation and that is why it's associated with that, but that does not mean that all of those people do. In fact I bet that most people who do cut themselves (or otherwise hurt themselves somehow) do not dress in that fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta say this.

If you are emo and threaten with suicide...

Save us the drama * removed *

Edit: TM

No you don't "gotta say this" :D

You do "gotta post by the site rules" :(

[SIZE=7pt]Ignore my other post, It was me being weird.[/SIZE]

Im not emo, but you may see my avvie, and posts, and siggy and think I am, but I have to tell you; I'm more 'emo' on the computer.

Don't ask me why, because I don't know. I just am. :\

Everyone is calling me 'emo' lately. >.>

kc-

Emo used to be short for emotional. Now it's become a label meaning people who wear black the majority of the time, people who cut themselves, and people who are normally quiet.

I get called emo sometimes. I do classify as an, 'emo'. But I'm only quiet around people I don't really know, like, etc.

BTW, just know I don't like labels.

Lots of kids at school say I am but if I was everything they say I am and I'd done all of it too I would've made out with half the boys in my class, cut myself so deep my arm fell off, killed myself about three times and done unspeakable things with my two best friends o.o

In other words, I'm not Emo but people enjoy saying I am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back