Are you emo?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am totally NOT into labels like that. No offense, but I think labels are stupid. I'm definetely not what people would call emotional/emo or gothic/goth. I dress way different than your typical stereotype but the only reason people ask me is because I'm so darn self-pessimistic. I'm trying not to be.

A girl came up to me at school, took some scissors and went "OH LOOK I IS CUTTING MYSELF!", did the action and make a retarded face.. >.< Some people are so retarded when it comes to this emo/goth stuff. . .

No, that's so not me I'm way to hyper. One time, last year, this girl called me emo....I was like, pshh, are you serious?? I don't like labels anyway.

My definition of emo.

Emo - Non-existant // Stupid label made so teens can be grouped into one 'clique' and ridiculed by the rest.

I am not an emo.

I am a Rebecca.

I intend to stay that way.

Don't label me.

Or anyone, for that matter, you selfish, rediculous retards D< WE DON'T DESERVE THIS.

My definition of emo.Emo - Non-existant // Stupid label made so teens can be grouped into one 'clique' and ridiculed by the rest.
Thats exactly what I think!

Me and my friends dont even bother using the word 'Emo' because its just a stupid label and it pretty much doesnt exist.

No. There is no such thing as 'emo'.

I'm really against 'emo' and 'emos'. Basically if you claim you are emo you are a poser.

End of story.

Why aren't these "R jUuuUUUUuu EmoZ" topics banned if they cause hurt feelings.

Not another emo topic,well,no i am not emo and never will be.I am not a "depressed" person.

I am not Emo.

But something regarding the word ''emo'' happened in humanities the other day.

A boy was being called emo by his ''friends'' because of the length of his hair. They had been doing this for a while and then they started calling this other girl emo. By then the teacher was really mad and said "Nobody in this class is emo. An emo is someone who has emotional issues and self-harms. An emo is suicidal. Nobody in this room is in that situation so I should not hear anyone call anyone else emo".

Then she banned the word from the classroom.

We didn't know what to make of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not Emo.
But something regarding the word ''emo'' happened in humanities the other day.

A boy was being called emo by his ''friends'' because of the length of his hair. They had been doing this for a while and then they started calling this other girl emo. By then the teacher was really mad and said "Nobody in this class is emo. An emo is someone who has emotional issues and self-harms. An emo is suicidal. Nobody in this room is in that situation so I should not hear anyone call anyone else emo".

Then she banned the word from the classroom.

We didn't know what to make of it.
That is exactly why I think many people have made "emo" out to be something totally.. Wrong.

Personally, I feel that "emo" is just having a sense of individuality for most.

A report has even called "emo" as in being in a cult, issuing self-harm, being depressed and suicidal, and believing that all emo's go to the 'black parade' after death. "Emo" has gone much farther than a middle school/high school label of the style and listening to the music. Adults have worried about their kids because of what I consider filth that other adults have made "emo" out to be.

Take Hannah Bond, for example. There is an article about her, including other young people who are emo. The article is titled, "Why no child is safe from the sinister cult of emo."

People believe that Hannah Bond committed suicide because of My Chemical Romance, and the emo fad.

I thought that was absolutely ridiculous.

I honestly don't view myself as emo.

I've been called emo, goth, and skater because I shop at Hot Topic and Pac Sun, and because I listen to My Chemical Romance, Panic! at the Disco, Hawthorne Heights, etc.. I like the fashion. "OH NO YOU CUT YOURSELF! SOMEBODY FIND A ROPE FOR THIS GIRL!".

There are some people who's heads I would love to rip off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally don't know why some people are so steriotypical (is that even a word? x.X) about emos. Some people I've seen and that am friends with, they dress in black or wear band t-shirts (ex: MCR,Linkin Park,Three-Days Grace) and other people call them emo,some people are just going through hard times (ex: divorced parents,someone they knew died,or just growing up;aka puberty) and people say "Whoa! Emo-Alert!",or even people that just like emo style,or music,or things like that. I don't like steriotypes. People can live how they chose,and if the lifestyle happens to be emo-ish,then it just is. I don't even really have a problem with emo-posers. So long as they don't o running about screaming "I'M EMO!!!!!!!!!". I,and some others,would consider myself emo sometimes because of mood swings and stuff,but not all the time. All the emo-like people I've met,are only sometimes emo,and they're probably starting,in the middle,or ending puberty.

I'm definately NOT emo.

When I think of emos I think of people who dress in black, are always depressed and cut themselves ((Well, sometimes.)), and they don't think of themselves worthy of life.

I think of goths as people who just dress in black and like the darkness. But I could be wrong. When they were turned into labels, I mean. Goth and emo I mean XD

I honestly don't view myself as emo.

I've been called emo, goth, and skater because I shop at Hot Topic and Pac Sun, and because I listen to My Chemical Romance, Panic! at the Disco, Hawthorne Heights, etc.. I like the fashion. "OH NO YOU CUT YOURSELF! SOMEBODY FIND A ROPE FOR THIS GIRL!".

There are some people who's heads I would love to rip off.
That's happened to me -.-

Only the rope part had varied from person to person. Last friday I waslked into my friend's classroom to get her backpack and this guy shouted

"Get out of my classroom you emo freak!"I gave him a dirty look an his buddy said

"Oh no now she's gonna kill you!"

Tori gets mad about this kind of thing and the kid has made fun of her about this kind of thing before, and I literally had to hold her back.

I was really angry after that. That, and because the day before he called one of my best friends a slut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back