Are you gay or lesbian?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wont dis people who are but i dont really see how someone could be attracted to the same gender as you
There are various reasons and things to determine a person's sexuality. Some say it's the orientation someone gets when they are born. Others say it's how the environment and the raising of the child through life. I honestly believe its a little of both. One's genetic makeup as well as how the child is raised and such can affect one's choices in life, including sexuality.

There are various reasons and things to determine a person's sexuality. Some say it's the orientation someone gets when they are born. Others say it's how the environment and the raising of the child through life. I honestly believe its a little of both. One's genetic makeup as well as how the child is raised and such can affect one's choices in life, including sexuality.
There was an episode of 60 Minutes with two twin boys that looked about 10. One was into normal boy stuff, and the other loved pink, barbies, and nail polish. He even insisted on calling himself Ashley. They were raised in the same household and treated equally, so I think that environment plays very, very little or no part in determining someone's orientation.

I'm straight, but I had a friend who thought he was gay for a while. He figured out that he wasn't, but he hasn't really been interested in anyone yet (that I know of, he's in high school).

I also have an uncle who's A-sexual (I don't know if that's been posted before, I didn't read all 18 pages). Being A-sexual means that you aren't attracted to either sex. When he was in high school he was very outgoing, he had a girlfriend, he was really popular, etc. He had some cancer or a tumor in his brain that had to be removed. After the surgery he didn't remember his girlfriend, he started being really quiet, and he was never interested in anyone anymore.

Now he's very pale, he's really skinny and tall, very quiet, but he's pretty funny.

It's amazing what brain surgery can do. I don't really think that you can choose what sex you're attracted to, you kind of have to find it out. It's like a little question your body has that you have to find the answer to yourself. A lot of people only find out until they're older, much older than a child. Some people show signs even at childhood. I've seen shows about little boys who wear makeup and wear dresses all the time, and do so even when they're older. I also don't think that your environment affects you with your attractions to the same or other sex.

I really have nothing against gay/lesbian people. My mom has a gay friend who I saw a lot when I was little. My dad knows a gay couple in California that came to visit us before. My dad even had lesbian neighbors. I kind of grew up with gay people, so I'm fine with them.

No offense to anyone who reads the Bible, but I really don't think it's "wrong" to be gay. Is it "wrong" to be mentally retarded? I think it's a mental thing, looking back at my uncle. That's just really ridiculous to me. I don't see how that's "okay" or anything. I mean, think about having a whole RELIGION against you! It must be horrible.

♪~tk710

I thought I'd clear something up for anyone who's questioning their sexuality. Just because there was one instance in which you liked someone of the same sex doesn't necessarily mean you're bi or gay. It works the other way, too. I once had a real and sincere crush on a guy for about a month or two. There's a wide range of attraction, and you don't have to decide right away what to call yourself. That comes with time. Just remember that it's not all black and white. You don't have to call youself bi if you've had one or two attractions to the same/opposite sex. It's defined by what the majority of your attractions are. Just a helpful tip.

WARNING: If you where only one earing on the left but none on the right, people will think you're gay! ( and also when you cross yo legs to sit.)
What? That is so not true.

I am not lesbian/gay.I do not agree with it- which does NOT mean that I will harrase people that are. I know a couple who are lesbian and they seem just fine, but the Bible specificly states that being gay/lesbian is wrong. If God wanted us to date/marry out own sex He would have created 'Adam and Steve' not 'Adam and Eve'.

Is this topic appropriate? I can't tell- it's a bit border line.
hee-hee you sound funny ,but this annoying 7 yr old is GAY! he sucks cuz hes annoying no offense gays.

hee-hee you sound funny ,but this annoying 7 yr old is GAY! he sucks cuz hes annoying no offense gays.
I think it's rather stupid and pathetic to use sexuality as a form of insult. Come on. Grow up for this topic please.

Kuchipatchi101: I think you might be exaggerating a bit. Only you can make that choice. Just because there are people who are bi or pomo doesn't mean you HAVE to be anything.

I have nothing against gays and lesbians but I don't think that this is an appropriate thing to be talking about on TamaTalk. There maybe some gay or lesbian people on here and they might be offended about this topic.

You can keep doing this but you have to think of other people too.

Nope, I'm straight. ^^

I don't have anything against Bisexual's, Gay's or Lesbians. I treat them all the same, as i would my firneds. I sometimes don't get what people have against Bis and Lesbians/Gays. Their exactly the same as us, just they like either both the sexes, or the opposite sex.

Nope, I'm straight. ^^
I don't have anything against Bisexual's, Gay's or Lesbians. I treat them all the same, as i would my firneds. I sometimes don't get what people have against Bis and Lesbians/Gays. Their exactly the same as us, just they like either both the sexes, or the opposite sex.
People fear and hate things that are different.

Some people today expect everyone to like the opposite gender. Some don't understand how one can be attracted to the same. Some also take everything in the bible seriously.

People have issues with it for different reasons. No matter which way you look at it, it's still discrimination.

If people would actually have an open mind, there wouldn't be so many problems with it and they would learn and be able to deal with it.

um ya I lesbiain!!!!!!!!!!!! but my sister JAM is straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back