Are you gay or lesbian?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, most people get baby crushes wwhen they're like 4 or so, it's just natural. Anyway, I always got crushes on girls, I never once had a baby crush on a guy. I know it's probably 'wrong' by some standards, but, if this IS a choice, when did I make it? When I was 2? I think that though it isn't DNA hardwired, it's completely 100% unavoidable. If you're gay, you're gay. There's nothing I can do about it. Also, why would someone choose to be gay? It's kinda hard being descriminated against and not allowed to be able to marry someone you love when you grow up. I know some don't like it, but I feel, I love, I know what it is to be hurt. I am a human being.
I bolded the part in your quote I'm responding to...

It actually is avoidable if you want to avoid it. You choose if you want to go on with being gay or you just don't. You don't have to be anything you don't want to be, meaning if you don't want to be gay you don't have to be gay.

This is just my opinion...:)

I bolded the part in your quote I'm responding to... 

It actually is avoidable if you want to avoid it. You choose if you want to go on with being gay or you just don't. You don't have to be anything you don't want to be, meaning if you don't want to be gay you don't have to be gay.

This is just my opinion...:)
I agree. I think it's actually a little bit of both: Choice and genes. Everyone's got a choice of what orientation they want to have, and everyone's got some stuff in their genes that also would aid in their decision.

Just a gentle (off topic) reminder: This is Seriously Non TamaTalk

The topic is supposed to be a mature and sensible discussion about being Gay / Lesbian.

Please, remember to stay ON TOPIC and express your opinions politely (no matter how others choose to behave).

That means no flaming, abuse or blunt / rude comments.

Thank you.

Geez! All this 'God hates you because your gay' stuff! I was pretty darn sure that God loves me because They made me in the image of Themself! I don't think God takes kindly to you guys calling Them a hypocrite. Last time I checked, I was a child of God, too...

Geez! All this 'God hates you because your gay' stuff! I was pretty darn sure that God loves me because They made me in the image of Themself! I don't think God takes kindly to you guys calling Them a hypocrite. Last time I checked, I was a child of God, too...
Agreed. Although I don't believe in any kind of god, it's pretty ridiculous that people will actually say something so stupid as 'god hates gays.'

Supposedly, everyone is god's child. God loves all his children. Hence ALL his children. I seriously doubt some superior being would discriminate over something as stupid as sexual orientation.

While you're at it you might as well say all racism comes from him too. It's that ridiculous :|

Since we brought religion into the discussion, I'd just like to make this clear. God doesn't hate anyone. Everyone sins, and, according to the Bible, homosexuality is a sin. But God loves you no matter what.

You don't have to believe in God, but I do. Since the Bible says it's a sin, I believe it's a sin. But it's not my life. I don't care what sex you're attracted to. Hating homosexuals would be like hating someone because they told a white lie, or said the Lord's name in vain. It's the same thing. We're all sinners, but we don't hate each other because of that. So why should you hate someone because of their sexual orientation?

To answer your question, I'm straight.

Since we brought religion into the discussion, I'd just like to make this clear. God doesn't hate anyone. Everyone sins, and, according to the Bible, homosexuality is a sin. But God loves you no matter what.
You don't have to believe in God, but I do. Since the Bible says it's a sin, I believe it's a sin. But it's not my life. I don't care what sex you're attracted to. Hating homosexuals would be like hating someone because they told a white lie, or said the Lord's name in vain. It's the same thing. We're all sinners, but we don't hate each other because of that. So why should you hate someone because of their sexual orientation?

To answer your question, I'm straight.
People fear/hate what they don't understand. And the people who just so happen to be biggots when it comes to religion feel the need to demean homosexuals by saying that their god hates them from loving someone of the same sex.

You know, most people get baby crushes wwhen they're like 4 or so, it's just natural. Anyway, I always got crushes on girls, I never once had a baby crush on a guy. I know it's probably 'wrong' by some standards, but, if this IS a choice, when did I make it? When I was 2? I think that though it isn't DNA hardwired, it's completely 100% unavoidable. If you're gay, you're gay. There's nothing I can do about it. Also, why would someone choose to be gay? It's kinda hard being descriminated against and not allowed to be able to marry someone you love when you grow up. I know some don't like it, but I feel, I love, I know what it is to be hurt. I am a human being.
Some people are more influenced than others. It's also human nature I believe, just like lies. To lie isn't hardwired into us but we can choose to do it and some people lie more than other for one reason or another.

@to all- Stop with this whole "omggeee, dun say God hatezz gayz!" It's true, like HB said, He does NOT, but who said anything about that? No one has said anything about it. When they said "God is against gay" I'm pretty positive they ment the action or else they would have put 'gays' with a s or gay people. So please, don't even drop that on us.

I agree with every word HB said, BTW. *nods*

Your really showing it with your avvie and sig. :huh:

Theres nothing wrong with liking the same sex. Infact its perfectly normal. But i'm just straight. :angry:

I've just been reading through the topic and I've noticed some confusion about what homosexuality really is. So I looked it up on a wonderful, informative site, and thought you may be interested in learning a bit more about homosexuality: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality
Although Wiki can be a good starter site, some of it may not necessarily be reliable. Just keep that in mind for all Wiki. ;]

i have nothin gagainst it im just wondering!!!! if u r then its cool with me! feel free to comment!

Note from Tama-Love:

Just a little heads up--

The Staff Team chose to keep this thread open, on one condition. Please keep all posts mature and sensible, just like the puberty topics we have running on TamaTalk. :huh: Any SPAM will be deleted by the TamaGuides, ASAP. You can always help out by reporting the post when one is spotted.

If you are uncomfortable with the topic, please don't complain through posting just simply leave the thread alone.

Thank you,

TamaTalk Staff Team
No way...I was the 180th voter for no...do you get it...gays and lesbies are wrong to have...really...don't be one... :huh: :huh: :lol: :huh: :huh:

I totally agree with you. Religon should be taken to factor but not to the extent of telling

someone God hates you because you're Gay/Lesbian(sp) We are born equal sexualy,gender or race does'nt make you any more or less great.

Being true to yourself is what makes a good person great.

I don't think that God hates gays/lesbians/bisexuals. He loves everyone. I still can't elieve all this 'GOD HATES GAYS!" thing came up from someone asking a simple question. Wouldn't it be best if we just,stoped with the religion part of this topic? To answer your question,I am straight,you can tell by my siggie, Elizabeth+Brennan. But seriously,one more God hates gays post and I'll report whoever does it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that God hates gays/lesbians/bisexuals. He loves everyone. I still can't elieve all this 'GOD HATES GAYS!" thing came up from someone asking a simple question. Wouldn't it be best if we just,stoped with the religion part of this topic? To answer your question,I am straight,you can tell by my siggie, Elizabeth+Brennan. But seriously,one more God hates gays post and I'll report whoever does it. :(
Goodness, will someone tell me where anyone even said that?! I've been following this topic from the start and I have not seen anyone said God hates gays. If someone has, give me the page link and the number of post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back