Are you gay or lesbian?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even sure that most of the younger members on this site even understand the concept of being gay or lesbian. Well, they probably know what it means, but aren't really sure if they are or not.
well they probably do since i found at like 7 6

I know a lot of gay Catholics and Christians.
Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they don't have different religions. There isn't a 'gay religion', lol.
Haha, yeah. 'Gay religion' lol. But, it shows different opinions and beliefs on the subject of religion and how people think on those types of issues.

*BTW- This topic is okay because it's something that is relevent regardless of time. If it was like... a year old, then I could see the creation of a new one but this is fine. :]*

Oh and, I was wondering. How do you feel when someone says "that's soo gay"? I don't like it- because I think it's just... stupid- but what do you think of it? Being GLBT, what are your feelings on it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and, I was wondering. How do you feel when someone says "that's soo gay"? I don't like it- because I think it's just... stupid- but what do you think of it? Being GLBT, what are your feelings on it?
I dont identify as gay, but I am bisexual and do feel part of the community.

I have managed to keep all my friends from saying it because I think it is dizzyingly ignorant and disrespectful. I do feel personally offended when people say that, but there isn't a lot I can do other than tell the people I know that it isn't cool with me, even if they meant nothing when saying it. To me saying 'theres nothing wrong with being gay, its just an expression' isn't any kind of excuse. That is like people saying anything racist and then saying 'well there is nothing wrong with being _____ its just an expression' and expecting people not to feel hurt.

Im straight. I have no problem with gay, lesbian, or bisexual people. One of my BFF's is gay. I love him =]

I have some Gay, Bi, Lesbian friends at school. I almost like my gay friends more than my regular friends. Its sort of like, to me, having a brother. You dont really need to worry about them wanting to be more than just friends, but they watch out for you and support you. I like all of my friends, not just the gay ones. Dont assume that lolz.

Sorry, quickly back to religeon:

In the 'Cristian/ Catholic religeon, I believe it is a sin of being gay, but the gay people them self dont pay for anything. God made them gay for a reason, what that reason may be? Who knows. I believe that being anti-gay is worse than actually being gay.

If being gay is a sin, disliking them for that reason is even worse of a sin.

No one in my family is gay, but my mom and I are all for gay rights, gay maraige, freedom of speach, etc. People should be able to be in love with who ever they love. Love is blind. Color, gender, race, none of that really matters as long as you have feelings for eachother, wouldnt it be a worse sin to tear them apart for such a dumb reason?

Im done rambling now lolz.

Becca♥

That's honestly probably one of the only things in life that truly offends me.

Gay is not an insult regardless of how you're using it.

Gay has two true meanings.

Happy and homosexual.

Yeah. I don't see an insult in there anywhere.

I'm not a lesbian or bisexual, but I really hate when people say 'Thats so gay'

I used to say it all the time, but then I accidentally said it in front of a gay person and I felt so bad that I never said it ever again. It sounds awful.

Im straight, but im totally getting mad over people hating on gays (Not saying people on TT do, but ive heard other people from other sites hating on gays) It gets me so mad, I dont mind if you think its gross but its just plain rude to hate gay people just because they like the same sex >_>

I also hate when people use "Gay" as an insult, like seriously it just makes them sound immature.

I'm straight, but I completely support gay/lesbian people! I think everyone should be able to be themselves. (I'm a christian and understand that the bible says not to be homosexual, but lots of people interpret the bible differently. I mean, if god tells people what to write they might think he said something TOTALLY different than another person. I'm not trying to force my opinion, that's just how I see it.)

*removed*
I'd really appreciate if you DIDN'T offend me. It would really be nice if you would try to respect the fact that some of us, myself included, are NOT heterosexual. Like my mommy always said.. if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

^ Lesbian is like, the female version of gay.

@Mileyroxursox2342- You are in Seriously Non-Tamatalk, a subform for mature posts. *edited*

Can't stand it. The word gay has unfortunately become a generic insult, as the word retarded has. It's really sad; sometimes I feel like saying "that's sooo straight" to try and show people how I feel but...OK, it doesn't really work. Before I came out, I would use the word gay as an insult to try and hide my identity, but it just made me hate myself and everything was worse. I guess there's no way to find an insult that's not insulting...wait, now I'm confusing myself.

Can't stand it. The word gay has unfortunately become a generic insult, as the word retarded has. It's really sad; sometimes I feel like saying "that's sooo straight" to try and show people how I feel but...OK, it doesn't really work. Before I came out, I would use the word gay as an insult to try and hide my identity, but it just made me hate myself and everything was worse. I guess there's no way to find an insult that's not insulting...wait, now I'm confusing myself.
Mkay- thanks to all you guys' imput. I figured it bothered people.

It is like 'retard' and I can't stand that either. >...<

So you identify as lesbian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back