Are you gay or lesbian?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think there is another name for it. I just don't recall what it is.
I would just call it Gender Neutral for the safe side.
I think Gender Neutral would be you don't identify yourself as either gender.

I have a friend who calls herself gender neutral/gender queer.

Sexual identity is too confusing sometimes.

It is, SK. It really is.

I would say I am straight.

However.. I do have some gay friends. Most are really friendly also. My one friend is confused on his gender, however.

I think Gender Neutral would be you don't identify yourself as either gender.I have a friend who calls herself gender neutral/gender queer.
Well it's not anti sexual because with me, I'm not AGAINST sexuality, I don't make exact replicas by myself [oh my gosh TWP! Why are there three of you in your room!?! :rolleyes: ] and I know for a fact I'm female. <_<

I guess my horomones haven't kicked in yet. Or maybe I just won't ever care for anyone. *shrugs*

It's just you an' me kittiez! Mwahaha.

ok, so none of my friends/family know this but i am sort of bisexual. that means i like guys and girls. but i mostly like guys (so im bi, but mostly leaning towards guys. i am a girl) but all my friends kind of make jokes like "omg, that's so gay" and im sure a lot of us have friends like thazt. my friend has a lesbian sister but scince im MOSTLY straight, i decided not to make SUCH a big deal about it.

Yeah, and i am, i guess in a way, both bisexual and pomo. my friends used to say things like "oh that's so gay" and stuff like that but i got them to stop saying it because i find it sort of offensive. hey, sweet kandi, thats interesting information, thank you for the separate definitions and everything. hehehe, but, yes. it's very appreciated from me and all my friends!

I have plenty of lesbian and gay friends.

Bisexual

Bisexuality is a sexual orientation which refers to the romantic and/or sexual attraction of individuals to others of both genders (socially) or sexes (biologically). Most bisexuals are not equally attracted to men and women and may even shift between states of finding either gender or sex exclusively attractive over the course of time.[1] However, some bisexuals are and remain fairly static in their level of attraction throughout their adult life.

In the mid-1940s, Alfred Kinsey devised the Kinsey scale in an attempt to measure sexual orientation and activity. The 7-point scale has a rating of 0 ("exclusively heterosexual") to 6 ("exclusively homosexual"). Bisexuals cover most of the scale's values (1–5), which range between "predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual" (1) to "predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual" (5). In the middle of the scale (3) is "equally heterosexual and homosexual".[1] Although Kinsey's methodology has come under criticism, the scale is still widely used in describing the phenomenon of bisexuality.

Although observed in a variety of forms in human societies[2] and elsewhere in the animal kingdom[3][4] throughout recorded history, the term bisexuality (like the terms hetero- and homosexuality) was only coined in the 19th century

Lesbian

A lesbian is a woman who is romantically and sexually attracted only to other women.[1][2] Women who are attracted to both women and men are more often referred to as bisexual. An individual's self-identification might not correspond with her behavior, and may be expressed with either, both, or neither of these words.

Gay

In contemporary usage, the adjective gay usually describes a person's sexual orientation, being the standard term for homosexual. In earlier usage, the word meant "carefree", "happy", or "bright and showy", though this usage is infrequent today. Gay sometimes also refers to commonalities supposedly shared by homosexual people, such as "gay history", "gay music" and "gay sensibility".

The word gay is sometimes used to refer to same-sex relationships more generally, as in "gay marriage", although this usage is discouraged by some LGBT supporters: the rationale is that this usage is exclusive of not only bisexual and transgender people but also lesbians who generally reject labels of being a subset of men, even gay men. While gay applies in some contexts to all homosexual people, the term lesbian is sex-specific: it is used exclusively to describe gay women. Sometimes gay is used to refer only to men.

In contemporary culture, the word 'gay' also has pejorative non-sexualized usage (especially among younger generations) to mean 'rubbish'; for something not considered good [1]. The use of the term in this manner is contentious [2].

Outside of Western culture the concept of "gay" identity is less clearly defined and may clash with local models of sexuality.

I won't tell you the rest because there is no need of telling the rest I don't think.

I am not gay/lesbian. I think it's unnatural personally, but they do nothing wrong so I have nothing against them.

[SIZE=14pt]Hmm... I don't know.. =D I like older men/guys... (Isn't that Heterosexual? (From Wikipedia:[/SIZE]

The most common pattern in Heterosexuals is a Older man with a Younger woman))

I say I'm straight, I've had feelings for a girl, but we never dated.. xD

Being homosexual isn't bad or gross. Homosexual people are nice... =)

I am not lesbian/gay.I do not agree with it- which does NOT mean that I will harrase people that are. I know a couple who are lesbian and they seem just fine, but the Bible specificly states that being gay/lesbian is wrong. If God wanted us to date/marry out own sex He would have created 'Adam and Steve' not 'Adam and Eve'.

Is this topic appropriate? I can't tell- it's a bit border line.
nicely said!! i totaly agree! god didn't make adam and steve!!!

No, I am straight. (I thought gay or lesbian was the same thing...) But I respect the people who are. :eek:
ditto. No. I'm not gay or lesbian. But I also respect them. I like how they talk. I saw 2 guys at a store they walked past. And one was wearing a pink shirt with white spikey hair. And the other one looked like he was trying to look cool. And heres what they said: pink shirt guy: *Laughs* "Oh my gosh your just a funny man." The other one didn't say anything just sat there lookin stright ahead. Not answering. I have nothing aganist them at all. But some of them do marry and adopt. And I'm fine with that. I have seen people that just can't axept them getting married. Why are people aganist them? I'm fine with them raiseing a child. Hey its better than living in an house with a huge family that has adopted kids that you don't even know. I'm fine with gays getting married. But some people can never exept them getting married. Are there any gays/lesbian on this fourm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Eww Gross never ever!! im not gay/lesbian and i don't think this topic appropriate for tama talk there are young kids on here they don't need to see this but Heck No Never! Lol
People, if you're thinking this topic should be closed 'cause it's too mature, that's why it's in the (Seriously)Non-TamaTalk. :eek: Besides, everyone grows up, they have to learn sooner or later.

Anyway, I'm straight like a 180 degree angle. xD Lol me and my friends made that up.

But I respect people who are gay/lesbo/bi or whatever... but referring to tamaw/pants' first post here, God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

Lol.

I'm straighter than a straight line. I looove boys I'm absolutely CRAZY for them!

[SIZE=7pt]I was straight at one point. Everything changed for me though after I saw a few movies, and realized its not wrong to be gay or a lesbian.. I turned bisexual.. And I've stayed that way, even though I have a boyfriend x][/SIZE]

I'm autosexual! Yeah!

Eh, no.

But really, shouldn't we have more choices on the poll? After all, I'm sure that all the asexuals, bisexuals and erm, autosexuals currently feel very excluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back