Bandai says no Tamagotchi Color for US!?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
leave them alone, they did not release a lot of the same Japanese versions in America.

its best to stop asking...it is always going to be a "no, there is no Tamagotchi color being released in America"

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I see it, it never hurts to ask. I don't think my one question will have any impact on their business paradigm, but it can at least, put to rest the idea.

DoveMuffin, I sent Bandai something about the Tama+Color, and they sent me the exact same thing.I want it in english sooo badly!!!D=

Perhaps one of the reasons that they're releasing the Tamagotchi Music Star and not the TMGC+C is that from all the pictures I've seen of the TMGC+C, the TMGC+C has a lot more text (like your Tamagotchi talking to characters it meets when it goes out). All this would have to be translated, plus animations for certain celebrations would probably have to be changed to reflect different cultures. Maybe the Music Star is just released to keep Tamagotchi fans happy until the TMGC+C comes out in English?

I wish sure wish.

Bandai emailed me back and stated that at this time, there were no plans to release any English versions of the TMGC+C. My friend is going to Japan at the end of this year so maybe I'll get her to up one for me when she goes. It'll be alot cheaper than paying $100 on ebay for one.

NO! I wish we could get an English color, that would be awesome!

I have a Japanese TMGC+C. The menus are simple enough that a non-Japanese person should be able to cope well enough. The only thing you would miss out on is the conversations the TMGC+C character have with friends at the playground. It seems they occasionally contain some usefull tips.

hi yes i just got a tamagotchi color from ebay and i have had before the uratama and entama.. this was much easier to understand than any of them and i dont know one word of japanese! the tamasuku i found more difficult but again simple once you play with it enough to figure it all out. i gather though they would have them in english because any tamagotchi that they have in japan that bandai decides to bring out here, it is translated.

do u btw binary, know any tips for the tamagotchi color... r u thinking that it may be able to be hooked up to the enwarehouse program?!

also i have a tamagotchi facebook fan page. i would love it if you joined :D :furawatchi:

i agree! i love the japanese tamas much more .. i never play with my english verisons any more unless its a new one comming out.. and i just love them. the tama color i just got 2 days ago and its awsome... i love it so much.

honelsty. i speak only english and i love the japanese tamas.. i only buy them now tha ti have treid them.. and really the tama color is so easy to use! i love it... if you know how to use a tamagotchi.. you can use this one... you really dont need to nkow any other lang. you just go to an option that is in japanese, and click on it and then it does omething.. so then you remember what it does after a while.. make sense? its not like you look at ur food options and say ... MEAL.. ok so i click this one. u just know it with your eyes closed after... its the exact same with any other tama

the graphics are so cute :furawatchi:

The TMGC+C doesn't have login/logout passwords, and so far there doesn't seem to be a pattern to the universal passwords we know of, so I doubt I would be able to generate any working passwords on my own.

P.S. if you're replying to a specific post (which isn't the most recent in the topic) you should click Quote instead of Add Reply. That way, people would be able to see which post you're replying to.

Last edited by a moderator:
:furawatchi: Darn! On ebay they're like, $60-$100, and I'm mad! This always happens!!! If something comes out (lets say, tamagotchi) in Japan, the cool thing that came out NEVER COMES TO OTHER COUNTRIES! And, man! I really liked that one. All of the pixel tams are sorta boring...

:furawatchi: Darn! On ebay they're like, $60-$100, and I'm mad! This always happens!!! If something comes out (lets say, tamagotchi) in Japan, the cool thing that came out NEVER COMES TO OTHER COUNTRIES! And, man! I really liked that one. All of the pixel tams are sorta boring...
They aren't boring. You just call tem that because something better came out. We don't get them in America/Europe/Austrailia and we just have to live with that.

Yes, I know. Ah, well. I gues your right! These tams are fun and better than nothing, too!

The TMGC+C doesn't have login/logout passwords, and so far there doesn't seem to be a pattern to the universal passwords we know of, so I doubt I would be able to generate any working passwords on my own.
P.S. if you're replying to a specific post (which isn't the most recent in the topic) you should click Quote instead of Add Reply. That way, people would be able to see which post you're replying to.
ahahah thanks binary.. it makes sense.

oh and did you want to join our tamagotchi fan page? i would love it!

its on facebook

Oh well. I don't really understand why they aren't comming out in the US... I mean, I would think they'd sell awesome here, but apparently they don't or whatever.

Sounds like Imma have to order mine from ebay then. :(

As for it being in Jap, I don't really mind; I could figure it out in 1 day tops.

I haven't had any passwords on my TMGC+C yet. Do they have those? I was under the impression that the whole tamatown was on the unit itself - but then again, I don't speak any Japanese. It would be really neat if they could also go online! Will it eventually do that?

Also - as a side note to anyone who has one - what does the magnifying glass do? My tama just waves it around and then does that happy dance. I'm not really sure what its purpose is.

DOVE

:lol: :furawatchi:

I haven't had any passwords on my TMGC+C yet. Do they have those? I was under the impression that the whole tamatown was on the unit itself - but then again, I don't speak any Japanese. It would be really neat if they could also go online! Will it eventually do that?

Also - as a side note to anyone who has one - what does the magnifying glass do? My tama just waves it around and then does that happy dance. I'm not really sure what its purpose is.

DOVE

:D :)
I don't think there's any way for them to go online, since there doesn't seem to be any way of getting a login password from them.

If you're lucky you might find a 4-leaf clover.

OH! Ok. Thank you! I have been looking, but haven't found one yet. So far, it has been snowing and now storming outside. I wonder if it will be easier to find them when the weather is nice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back