Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Humm. Its nice they are beginning to be on Ebay now, but I hope the prices drop a bit more. I can't see myself spending that for just one being overseas. Two, beam me up, but not one. *waits*

Humm. Its nice they are beginning to be on Ebay now, but I hope the prices drop a bit more. I can't see myself spending that for just one being overseas. Two, beam me up, but not one. *waits*
Even with my collegue discount at one of the Uk retailers I can't see myself spending money on a TF. Really didn't get on with the tamago. Just a shame they haven't thought about a discount if you buy two, since your going to need a second to get the full benefit from it, {and I really wanted to get my friend one for Xmas} as much as I like to get my hands on new things, and their on eBay uk for their RRP of £25 think I'm going to wait.

Tamagos dropped to £8 in argos before they discontinued them... Only reason I bought one!

I have the TF and the Tamago and I can say after 1 generation of the TF, I can say that it is the best tamagotchi yet. It's just so entertaining! For anyone who thinks it is too much like the tamago, you are completely wrong! They are completely different, the difference between the two is like the difference between a v2 & v4! The style may look the same but gameplay wise Thay are completely different from each over! Would defo recommend it!

Mine came in the post today- I ordered the Pink With Hearts and its very pink. I love it but if you don't like in-your-face-pinks you might want to give this shell a miss.

I'll post a full review as soon as I have an adult. All I can say so far is it seems pretty basic, and I'm not exactly thrilled with it. It seems very low-maintenance though, which I like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the TF and the Tamago and I can say after 1 generation of the TF, I can say that it is the best tamagotchi yet. It's just so entertaining! For anyone who thinks it is too much like the tamago, you are completely wrong! They are completely different, the difference between the two is like the difference between a v2 & v4! The style may look the same but gameplay wise Thay are completely different from each over! Would defo recommend it!
Actually one of the first good reviews I've seen, which gives me hope. Still kills me paying for it knowing I could ship in a tamagotchi p for £7ish more :( I know I'll still end up getting one on Boxing Day though! Just hope I don't regret it!

I have the TF and the Tamago and I can say after 1 generation of the TF can say that it is the best tamagotchi yet. It's just so entertaining! For anyone who thinks it is too much like the tamago, you are completely wrong! They are completely different, the difference between the two is like the difference between a v2 & v4! The style may look the same but gameplay wise Thay are completely different from each over! Would defo recommend it!
Are you sure? Comparing tamago and tf to v2 and v4 seem off the v4 had features coming out of its sides and has more than the tf if you think

about it u want to see for myself if its really better I guess I could be wrong but seeing as its like a lesser advanced tama p's id rather play with one of those but I would get one for dream town I hope its gonna be good.

I just relized that the message feature on the TF has already been done before on the p's I guess it would be good to write in english not sure if you could or not on the p's

It's lovely to finally see some positivity surrounding this release, and oh, from someone who actually has one. Your description of their similarities is exactly how I thought it would be, too. :)

I don't think that comparing Tama Go and Tamagotchi Friends to v2 and v4 is accurate... Because v4 had guts points, daycare, school and job, more games, etc...

Tamagotchi Friends has more games than the Tama Go, different connection function and a shop with jewerly. And... That's it, it doesn't have the toilet training, nor a friendship level (BFF level is entirely something else) or discipline, or even the option to change the inrerior design. Not much with new features, really...

Actually one of the first good reviews I've seen, which gives me hope. Still kills me paying for it knowing I could ship in a tamagotchi p for £7ish more :( I know I'll still end up getting one on Boxing Day though! Just hope I don't regret it!
Actually it's out now! The release day was brought back a bit! Try the entertainer (thetoyshop.com) or amazon :)

My TF got shipped yesterday!

Good review, TTD! I like how you're staying on the positive side. :)

I really like how there's no stupid POTTY TRAINING, FRIENDSHIP LEVEL, NO DISAPLIENE because I totally hated that stuff on the Tamago!

Also, I downloaded the instruction manual and it's really easy to read! Just go on the UK site, go to ANY shell design and press "Read the instruction guide" which is basically downloading the instruction manual which is easier to read!

-Tamacass

I agree Ra even though the wallpaper feature wasnt as big on the tama-go as the colors I really liked it especially when you would find unexpected wallpapers instock

I'm still bummed that there's no wallpaper change option. It'll be rather taxing to be stuck with the same wallpaper.

Ra,
Right. It is kinda sad because you cant change the wallpaper. But look at the different features!

Also, I was reading my downloaded instruction manual when I found that you potty train it.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

(Double post XP)

The next webisode is up for Tamagotchi friends!

https://uk.tamagotchifriends.com/videos/

Yay! I've been waiting for the second one. :)

-Tamacass

WOAH! Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi's voices... O.O But they don't sing. D: I was hoping they would. :<

The fortune teller's voice is a lot like in the Japanese anime at least.

It's VERY weird how they call Mitchi "Mitchi Sensei" like in the Japanese version... Sensei is Japanese for teacher. I expected them to translate it but I guess they didn't.

Right. It is kinda sad because you cant change the wallpaper. But look at the different features!

Also, I was reading my downloaded instruction manual when I found that you potty train it.

:angry: :angry: :angry:
But the only new feature of any importance is the bumping- which has turned out to be a huge disappointment.

Unless you unlock a ton of different stuff by getting jewelry they literally don't do anything we haven't seen before- and I've actually got one.

I'm still bummed that there's no wallpaper change option. It'll be rather taxing to be stuck with the same wallpaper.

Ra,
That is one of the few negatives, but when you start up your tamagotchi friends you are given a free wallpaper, if you don't like it reset it to change it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back