Big decision.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrowFrost~

Reaction score
Ok, so most of you here know I like this guy named Michael. Well, I may hove my friend (Kate) over for New Years and I KNOW she likes him. Thing is, we keep fighting, and it basically kills me, we are such good friends too. Well, I just don't want anyone hurt.

I am basically thinking of asking her to be truthfull and tell me if she likes him, if she says yes I am going to call Michael and basically say:

"Look, I like like you, and I have for, five years, but... I don't want to hurt my best friend, and you are one. I promised I wouldn't say anything. But, I refuse to feel more than friends with you." then hang up.

The thing is, it's a lot easier said than done, and I am wondering if I am doing teh right thing if I do it. I love him, I really do. But this, everything above, could ruin my friendship with him, forever, and I don't want that.

The more I think the more I know it's the right thing to do, but it hurts. Any ideas?

Do you love him? Do you REALLY love him? Would you do ANYTHING for him? Love isnt a boyfriend. Love is someone you want to spend the REST OF YOUR LIFE with. Think about it.

Would you rather have a friend forever or a boyfriend for a couple weeks/days/months?
I agree with you!

You shouldn't pick a boy over a best friend..I find that wrong!

You never know, maybe he'll break up with you the next day, and you're bestfriend won't be there to comfort you..So I prefer not to go out with him...Friendship is way more important, than a boyfriend, but it's your decision. Good Luck :mellow:

-NINJA

Um, how hard is it to choose, really? A boyfriend or a best friend? Pretty simple, if you ask me. But it's not that way with everyone, so I'll add my insight to this topic.

Well, boyfriends at your age, well, they don't last forever. They rarely last more than a few weeks. Friendships last years, decades, lifetimes. Would you rather risk a friendship that you could keep forever just for a boy that you kinda like at this time? The decision is yours, but if I were you, I would choose to keep your friend. And don't even call him up. Don't say anything at all to him.

I agree with all of you, but we are best friends too, and... well... it hurts. He is always there, he was willing to try to read Warriors, try to draw wolves, even try to help me get back at my other friend. We, me Kate and Michael are our little Trianglular Friend thing. xD

I would choose a friend over a guy, but, a lot of my friends, ARE guys. Michael, being number one.

I agree with all of you, but we are best friends too, and... well... it hurts. He is always there, he was willing to try to read Warriors, try to draw wolves, even try to help me get back at my other friend. We, me Kate and Michael are our little Trianglular Friend thing. xD
I would choose a friend over a guy, but, a lot of my friends, ARE guys. Michael, being number one.
Yes, I know how it feels. I have a lot of guy friends also!

But it's more easier for me cause a lot of my guy friends have crushes on me, and they have asked me out, but I said "no" because well..I can't date untill I'm 16! ;)

-NINJA

Ps. This is really hard for you to choose, why don't you just be best friends for right now?

Does he like you back too? Why ring him up, your could ask your friend would she mind if you ever went out. In my experience the boyfriend lasted longer than the friends. But I have new friends now which are alot nicer :furawatchi: .

Does he like you back too? Why ring him up, your could ask your friend would she mind if you ever went out. In my experience the boyfriend lasted longer than the friends. But I have new friends now which are alot nicer :) .
Yesyes, he does. LOL. WE talk on the phone for hours on end, eep!

I think its time for the Quote to invade! :)

Bestfriends- ForeverBoyfriends- Whatever!
You usually keep you bestfriends for years and years but boyfriends hardly ever last. You should forget him. Boys arnt worth it.

Hmm, well then why don't you just continue being friends with him? You don't have to call him up and say, "Hey, i like you" and blah blah blah. Just keep your friendship with him the way it was before. Same thing with your other friend.

Like you said, it could ruin your friendship with Michael if you told him and all that.

Well, I think you're trying to fix the problem, which is good, but you aren't really going in the right direction to fix the problem. I suggest that instead of talking to Michael, you should talk to Kate. It sounds like you two need a huge talk-it-out, and then you can come to conclusions together. Two heads at a problem are better then one.

(Also, lol I have two OC's named Michael and Kate)

Well, I think you're trying to fix the problem, which is good, but you aren't really going in the right direction to fix the problem. I suggest that instead of talking to Michael, you should talk to Kate. It sounds like you two need a huge talk-it-out, and then you can come to conclusions together. Two heads at a problem are better then one.
Thanks Pyon!

And LOL. Never knew that! (I mean, I knew about Kate, just not Michael!)

I would have to agree with you Pyonchit!! :blink:

2 problems is just to much!

-NINJA

As Pyon said, it is with your best friend whom you should talk to.

If she is really your best friend, you should come to a conscensus (be on agreement) about the topic.

My best friend and I used to like the same person, who was also a best friend to us - so that could be a sticky situation. However, we talked it out, we didn't do anything, and we said that in the case that "One ended out going out with the other" or anything like that, the other would not do anything - or not tell the other to avoid problems.

I don't know about my best friend, but I was always prepared to accept it, and didn't mind. (¬¬).

Anyway, my best friend moved on and liked someone else, and I just stayed the same. :)

Well - I'll stop telling my life now - and as I said - you should talk to Kate.

They are both your best friends. You should all get on.

Since they are both your best friends you shouldn't choose EITHER over the other, be one a girl or a boy.

Add-on: And - if you did say that by phone - would you really be achieving anything? Michael may feel wounded, you would feel awful too, and Kate... I don't think she would gain much from that either.

Last edited by a moderator:
me and my friend used to like the same guy and we talked it out and it didn't work but then i found out i was moving so i wouldn't see them till this year but i see my friend and not him anymore because he moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back