Black Hole

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfer_girl

Reaction score
If you don't know, (Everyone probably knows.)

Scientists are testing a black hole to see more info on the big bang theory. Apparantly, if one mistake or some malfunction happens, the world may end. (I am DEAD serious.)

I'm not that worried because the black hole is microscopic so no one can see it and it can't suck up anything and it'll only be for smaller than a nano-second. (Happening right now.)

But the thought of the mistake happening scares me to no end. I'll probably be alive tomorrow. xD

So I don't know if the world's gonna end. I hope it doesn't. So how do you feel about it?

~SG~

Holy shiz, really? O.O Then why would they do that?

They are NOT trying to make a black hole. They are trying to re-enact the Big Bang. And if you actually read about it and researched it, you would know that the scientists say the forces the experiment will produce occur naturally when cosmic space rays are flung into the earth's atmosphere, and that these rays haven't killed us yet. They are making atoms smash together, thats it. They are not trying to create black holes.

They also say that the "mini-black holes" everyone is concerned about are a possibility that they will occur but will not be persistent. So, I think you should research things like this BEFORE you start saying that the world could end etc.

If the "Atom smasher," as its called, does malfunction, there are thousands of safety measures in place that will prevent the "apocalypse". You have nothing to be afraid of and it wont malfunction. And they need these experiments to be done, or else we'll remain ignorant of the way the universe works.

If the experiment is a success it will most likely prove or disprove the String Theory.

Your fears are caused by the media and people who did not research the matter before they produced their own conclusions. So please, do not say that the world will end. The younger members may not understand and take it the wrong way.

They are NOT trying to make a black hole. They are trying to re-enact the Big Bang. And if you actually read about it and researched it, you would know that the scientists say the forces the experiment will produce occur naturally when cosmic space rays are flung into the earth's atmosphere, and that these rays haven't killed us yet. They are making atoms smash together, thats it. They are not trying to create black holes.
They also say that the "mini-black holes" everyone is concerned about are a possibility that they will occur but will not be persistent. So, I think you should research things like this BEFORE you start saying that the world could end etc.

If the "Atom smasher," as its called, does malfunction, there are thousands of safety measures in place that will prevent the "apocalypse". You have nothing to be afraid of and it wont malfunction. And they need these experiments to be done, or else we'll remain ignorant of the way the universe works.

If the experiment is a success it will most likely prove or disprove the String Theory.

Your fears are caused by the media and people who did not research the matter before they produced their own conclusions. So please, do not say that the world will end. The younger members may not understand and take it the wrong way.
Sorry, I didn't get my facts right. But it still does scare me though because the MEDIA were overreacting.

Everyone in my school were being scared today because they kept saying "OMG, THE WORLD IS ENDING!" and I'm laughing my head off. xD

~SG~

Sorry, I didn't get my facts right. But it still does scare me though because the MEDIA were overreacting. Everyone in my school were being scared today because they kept saying "OMG, THE WORLD IS ENDING!" and I'm laughing my head off. xD

~SG~
They aren't the only ones overreacting. Like you pointed out some people misread such stuff online and started PMing me scared out of their minds about it. I don't mind but really now...come on guys.

Never believe EVERYTHING you read on the internet, especially if you blindly just search through a search engine. Google has all kinds of information but some can be lies and made up stuff to get people like you acting like this irrational upset person who thinks everything's coming to an end.

Third, do research before concluding. I don't mean going on google either. I mean looking at other sources, talking with other people and learning more about things such as blackholes or things that worry you. The more you know about such things and in general, the more you learn what true and what isn't.

I watched a documentary about how in around 2 million years our sun is going to eat up the earth and expand...whereas another article I read it says it'll be 7.5 million years. It's all guessing. Sounds like whoever was guessing in the results you found you either didn't read right or understand completely because you're taking this literally. Children from around grade 4-6ish take things more literally than other age groups so this is why research and understanding what you're reading and learning is very important (Learned that in a parenting class back in high school).

Snopes.com is proably the only place online which is consistent with rumours and stuff liek this on the internet, and most of the emails and crap I read or your dad told you has been proven wrong and silly when I used sources like that.

Haha, At school we were all like,

omfg were gunna die at 8:30am!

And now it turns out that its happening on the 25th october or something. Confusing, but I don't really care. xD

What black hole?

They already tested the machine. We're still here, right?

Scientists aren't testing a Black Hole. Where did you hear that information? We have been smasking atoms for years. The LHC is just a larger scale one. Not too mention, the Earth is bombarded with higher energies than the LHC everday. We are still here.

The sun will die out one day, but that isn't for billions of years. It won't "eat" earth. It's just expanding into a red giant, which will destory the inner most planets and probily some of the outer planets. wHich it will become a white dwarf star and a black dwarf.

Don't listen to scaremongers, doomsayers and Tabloids.

Ye! I'm worried! I was staying close to my frriends all day. And we still may die it a month! Its my bday next month!!! But I still think everythings gonna be ok.

Sorry, I didn't get my facts right. But it still does scare me though because the MEDIA were overreacting. ...
It is a universally acknowledged fact that... If the media are over reacting then they are just doing their normal thing - trying to make something more dramatic / exciting / dangerous / interesting than it really is ;)

Never be scared by something in "the media" lol

I live in the UK so I get quite good quality "media" info from sources like the BBC - who interviewed Stephen Hawking about the whole matter (no pun intended) ;)

It was not in the least bit interesting (to me), but he explained as clearly as possible why there was no danger at all...

It's not just the media who over react... there were also religious groups predicting the end of the world because of scientists "tampering"...

I agree that sometimes scientists can get blinkered in their search for knowledge and facts, but this test was not putting the world in any danger whatsoever...

So.... school / work tomorrow as normal then :) :D

Ye! I'm worried! I was staying close to my frriends all day. And we still may die it a month! Its my bday next month!!! But I still think everythings gonna be ok.
We're not gonna die from this.

Most people who are afraid of this are doused by scaremongers, Doomsayers and tabloids. People do die everyday. The only "deaths" I see are the people who are killing themsleves.

I hate it when things like doomsday happen.

People commit suicide to get away from a horrible death, when the chances are it isn't going to happen.

I wasn't worried, I joked to my friends. "Omg we're gonna die today, hahahah."

There's nothing to be frightened of.

I mean october is still to come, but they wouldn't send it into space if they knew it would cause the world to be destroyed, they are experimenting.

By the time the astoroid came into the atmosphere it would have halfed in size, by the time it reached earth you could probably fit it in your hand.

Oh, phew. Thanks. I was getting scared for a second there. :D

I laugh about this 'end of the world stuff.' i mean i understand your concern. I'm not laughing at you... just the thought. The reason i do not believe this theory or any other is because I am a christian. I belive in the rapture. why would God destroy the earth before that? Bottom line: God wouldn't do anything stupid like destroy all of His children.

Jeez now I'm freaking scared!!!!

LOL

Omg I didn't even hear of that! Now I feel like I could die at any second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back