Black Hole

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no one is going to die today! lol see did it happen? noo...and i think people exagerated (excuse my horable spelling) alot over it, like i think it was just an expiriment and now it comes down to the worlds going to end? Besides they said in the new millenium like the year 2000 the world was going to end...8 years later were all still here :mimitchi:

Yeah, on the news they said the test was successful and we might have to wait 15 years for the results. -__-''

And then some other people are saying it's October. God, why do anything if they're gonna confuse people and make people panic. Though everyone kept saying they're creating black holes. Im like "lulwhut?" xD

Good old-fashion media. A bunch of ***holes we all love. xD

I watched a documentary about how in around 2 million years our sun is going to eat up the earth and expand...whereas another article I read it says it'll be 7.5 million years.
The scientifically correct answer would be 5 billion years. The Sun has already been a main sequence star and burning hydrogen for 5 billion years. It still has half its life to live :) Afterwards, the Sun will use up all its hydrogen, start burning helium and expand into a red giant, and if the Earth is not swallowed up by it, its surface temperature would still reach to at least 1000 degrees Celsius. But 5 billion years! Of course by that time, humans would be able to find a way for the Earth to draw away from the Sun.

I actually wanted to make this thread. But we're still here, aren't we? ;) A particle accelerator (yes, that's what it's called) created by humans cannot possibly produce enough energy to create a black hole. (I shouldn't say produce, should I? Emit is more like it. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, just to let you know ;) ).

And what with the religious perspective of it, my Christianity & Life teacher said that nobody would possibly know the date of the apocalypse except for God Himself. And he also said that even if we die we would not be separated from His love.

The scientifically correct answer would be 5 billion years. The Sun has already been a main sequence star and burning hydrogen for 5 billion years. It still has half its life to live :) Afterwards, the Sun will use up all its hydrogen, start burning helium and expand into a red giant, and if the Earth is not swallowed up by it, its surface temperature would still reach to at least 1000 degrees Celsius. But 5 billion years! Of course by that time, humans would be able to find a way for the Earth to draw away from the Sun.
I actually wanted to make this thread. But we're still here, aren't we? ;) A particle accelerator (yes, that's what it's called) created by humans cannot possibly produce enough energy to create a black hole. (I shouldn't say produce, should I? Emit is more like it. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, just to let you know ;) ).

And what with the religious perspective of it, my Christianity & Life teacher said that nobody would possibly know the date of the apocalypse except for God Himself. And he also said that even if we die we would not be separated from His love.
Still it's all scientific guessing though. Each estimate was from a scientific source somewhere. Where did your information come from?

Also let's try to keep religion out of this. I got nothing personally against it but I will bet you any money we bring God into this, there's going to be flaming and drama that we don't need. We had enough drama with some oflks freaking out to best to just stick with the topic at hand which is blackholes.

I was worried but now it is thursday I calmed down a bit

If it was going to happen, we are officially dead, and if we were dead, we would probably be in the afterlife therefore haunting our barren space.

..Or the alternate afterlife, which, for me, is having a clone of all of my favorite characters, whom are all completaly in adoration of me.

So I don't think I'm dead yet.

Nope. If we get killed by nature.. well there's not really much we could do to prevent from, happening.. But hey.. people always find a way to solutions to protect the Earth even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
. . . This is pathetic Dx

And I'm still here, so that means that apparently, I am not dead.

Hoorah.

Yep I think this also has taken it's course too this topic...no point leaving it open since it's come and passed :gozarutchi: Everyone calm down now.

*topic closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back