BMI Scale...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 4"9 (I grew!) and 65lbs- should I worry? xD
Well, if your parents are like that/older siblings, it's probably just a family thing.

Just in case, talk to your doctor about a healthy diet. If it is something to worry about, they'll help you gain a bit of weight. :p

Well, that particular BMI calculator does tell you your BMI, but it's thoughts of what is underweight and what is overweight is screwed up. Usually under 15 is considered underweight.

This scale isn't right. I am not fat. Some of that fat is Muscle (Mainly in the lower legs and Arms) And it says I am overweight. if you really want to know ask your doctor. My wrist measures 7 inches around. I should be at 22 BMI according to Rachelgotchi and she is smarter then me to some scale.

20.2. Is that fat or not?
You're at a very good weight.

BMI-------------Category

Below 18.5<->Underweight

18.5-24.9<->Normal Weight

25-29.9<------>Overweight

30-39.9<-------->Obese

Above 39.9<--->Morbidly Obese

You're at a very good weight.
BMI-------------Category

Below 18.5Underweight

18.5-24.9Normal Weight

25-29.9

30-39.9

Above 39.9

But the scale they provide isn't the one doctors usually use. In general you're only considered underweight if your BMI is under 15. And that scale isn't even for children, so it's more unaccurate. I'll find one for children and post it in a minute.

Here's one for kids that has a more accurate saying of what's underweight and what isn't. And at the bottom it explains why it isn't always right.

Last edited by a moderator:
But the scale they provide isn't the one doctors usually use. In general you're only considered underweight if your BMI is under 15. And that scale isn't even for children, so it's more unaccurate. I'll find one for children and post it in a minute.
Here's one for kids that has a more accurate saying of what's underweight and what isn't. And at the bottom it explains why it isn't always right.
I used that one and it said I was at the risk of being overweight. But if I loose one pound, I'm not (that should be easy xD) o.o

I used that one and it said I was at the risk of being overweight. But if I loose one pound, I'm not (that should be easy xD) o.o...
Well, the reason that one is more accurate is because kid's are still growing and going through puberty and stuff. You might not really even be 'at risk of being overweight', you might just be farther along in puberty than other kid's your age.

But I don't believe in BMI. It doesn't tell you if your fat or not. That kind of stuff still depends on a lot of stuff. Like age, boy frame [ like how heavy your bones are], gender, ect.

I for one have heavy bones' my frame is large. So my weight for me is normal whereas for someone thats the same height, but has a smaller frame, it might be overweight. Catch my drift?

Well, the reason that one is more accurate is because kid's are still growing and going through puberty and stuff. You might not really even be 'at risk of being overweight', you might just be farther along in puberty than other kid's your age.
I am getting really into puberty so your most likely right. I'm in the middle of a graoth spurt and a lot of other stuff too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=8pt]Mine is 17.1, which is bad, cuz I am 5 feet 5" and I weigh 103. Oh well. I'm still breathing at the moment! :eek: [/SIZE]

17.2. I'm 13 and really tall legs. that was not my guess. i thought i would be a 20
Same here, (well, It said I'm 17.4), i'm pretty tall (5''9)

I thought I'd be at least a 19-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back