Cell Phone?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KagomeGrl445

Reaction score
Well all of my friends have cell phones. I have a tracfone but it's boring and no one likes it. On my bus, me and my friends and me would gossip and have fun. Now, all they do is play on their cell phones and talk about cell phones. I don't know what to do. it's like they ignore me because i don't have a choclate or any other cell phone. should i get one? i only have the money for a tracfone but all my friends have cool phones. So do i get a new overpriced cell phone?

be lucky you have a phone. i came home from school this year when it was warmer out, and my dad wasnt home. i looked in my backpack, and there was no key. i didnt have a phone, so i couldnt call anyone. my mom was also at work. all of my neighbors were too. i would have called my friend to see if she would let me go to her house, but i couldnt because I DONT HAVE A FREAKIN PHONE!!! none of my friends live in my neighborhood, so I couldn't walk to their house. I was locked out of my house and had to wait two or three hours untill my parents got got home. i would probably been able to be in my house if i had a phone.

if you want a new phone, when ur plan expires, ask your parents about getting a new phone instead of renewing your plan.

The only reason that I have a phone is for emergencies :nazotchi:

A phone is a phone. Even the tacky ones do the job. Its not about if its the latest shiny phone, its whether it works and you can call someone in an emergency.

I would be happy with what I've got, but it is your decision.

I only have a cell phone because I live in a big city, where I could get lost/raped/kidnapped easily. And I had the choice of one, and I just chose the average flip phone. None of this msnmessenger-music-internet-everythingelse-phones.

You really dont need a cell phone until you're in High School, or if you are away from your home alot.

Obviously those kids don't have enough responsibility in the first place to own a phone.

If I were you, I'd wait a little while, why? Because you'll be a bit older and even better phones will be out by then. If you don't absolutly need one right now, don't bother.

Well all of my friends have cell phones. I have a tracfone but it's boring and no one likes it. On my bus, me and my friends and me would gossip and have fun. Now, all they do is play on their cell phones and talk about cell phones. I don't know what to do. it's like they ignore me because i don't have a choclate or any other cell phone. should i get one? i only have the money for a tracfone but all my friends have cool phones. So do i get a new overpriced cell phone?
I think the question is more do you WANT a cellphone than NEEDING it. You feel left out because your friends have one. You should speak up about that to them. Let them know you feel a bit out of place and miss the times before those things took over the good times.

Cellphones are generally used for various reasons, main one being in a bind you have one when you aren't near one to use. I'm guilty for using mine to socialize at times but it has come in handy since getting it when my mother needs to get a hold of me...plus we don't need a second phone line anymore so it saves my mother money.

So whether you want one is up to you. If you got the money and are willing to pay the bills on it, go for it. If not, I suggest waiting until you're a little older. My first celly I didn't get till I was 19 and I'm 21 now lol.

[SIZE=7pt]No one NEEDS a cellphone.[/SIZE]

I know you feel as if you are being left out, so talk to your parents about it, maybe they will agree to help you buy one.

You could also save up. Do you have a job? If you do, save up. Even if you get pocket money, if you want a cell that bad, save up.

If your parents don't want you getting one, tell them you will only use it to call in case of an emergancy.

How old are you?

Cell phones are mostly used for chatting with friends, text messaging, etc. but I believe the main reason they invented cell phones was for calling your Parents, Police, and other emergency people in contact, so you would have a portable phone with you at all times.

Cell phones are very useful at times, like when you have to call your parents to pick you up, you have one right in your pocket/backpack. ;)

I think you want a cell phone more than you need one. Get a piece of paper and list why you want it/need it, and divide them into groups. More reasons to want it means you want it more than you need it, and if you put more reasons under need it, then you seriously need it. :p

The next step is convincing your parents to get you the cell phone. You can't really convince them. Just save up the money for a cell phone, and then get one. Some cell phones are $20.00, just telling you. :p

Obviously those kids don't have enough responsibility in the first place to own a phone.
If I were you, I'd wait a little while, why? Because you'll be a bit older and even better phones will be out by then. If you don't absolutly need one right now, don't bother.
True.

A cellphone isn't really a toy, no matter how many cool things you may do with it. You should only use it for emergencies, or if your older, to call your friends or such when your out.

Cellphones are costy, they may be 20 dollars but you still need a plan and all that such. I really don't think you need one if it's only for the trend. You should get a cheap cellphone that gets the job done and thats it, only for emergencies. Spend money on that such when your older.

My opinion, it doesnt really matter if you have a cool looking phone or not. The question is, is it reliable? Can you reach someone when you need help? Actually, You should be lucky to have a cell phone :p . It can help you in some times of need.

Personally, I don't think you need one if you're just gonna chat on it with friends 24/7. You should be able to chat with your friends and text, but Cellphones should be used in emergencies only. ;)

Consider yourself lucky if you have a cell phone.

Some people really have no use for one, except excessive brain cell loss, and that is something our country needs less of.

alot of my frendz hav cells but some barely use them... i share a motorola RAZR w/ my brother... but its only 4 emergencies

Depends. I mainly got a cell phone for emergency reasons. I use it for other reasons now...it's been three years. But it all basically depends on your needs right now. If you feel that you have no use for one, don't get one.

Cell Phones come in handy in situations. But they are overrated. They are not the biggest thing in the world. I laugh at people who are obsessed with their Cell Phones. To me it is old news. Just be happy you have something you are able to communicate with. Why should any friend think someone is lame by not having Cell Phone? It is so...So..Erm..Well you know what I mean. But seriously, Things as silly as Cell Phones should not separate friends. You should have a talk with your friends.

~ChibiMuffins

I see kids saying "Look at my cellphone! Oh my gosh, its turning white!" Sure, sometimes you can trust your friend with a cellphone... it doesn't hurt :)

People need to realize that little things can't do everything for them. I prefer to walk over to someones house and say "hi".

If they use it occasionally, then your friend might be showing a sign of responsibility. I recall that from experience.

I use mine to call my mom from school, around town, etc. Also when I'm somewhere and friends need to get ahold of me.

I use it for texting as well, I don't over do it though.

I've had my phone for around a year, but only got it because my dad got a deal for two.

It depends on what you plan on using your phone for, and your maturity of owning one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back