change the background...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done something much much more Major than this i changed the circuit boards over even tho the v3 and v4 screws at the top are in different spots.
but now i've lost that tama at school  :(   but i got a new v4 and it very very very glitchy its in what happeedn to my tamagotchi if you want to read it.
Wait, You mean the V3 is a V4 and The V4 is a V3? what? ;) :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
hints before you do this:*choose a bright colored background

*push down SORT OF HARD when you are unscrewing and screwing

*DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE SCREWS AND THE OLD BACKGROUND! TOUCHING ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT IS A MEGA NO-NO!!!!

*words that are ALL CAPITALS mean it's VERY IMPORTANT!

*read this and THEN do it! rereading is very useful!

okay, here's how you do it...

1.) unscrew the screw on the back of your tama

2.) remove the battery

3.) with a small screwdriver, unscrew the 4 screws [THAT ARE REALLY TINY (in the corners)]

4.) now, this is where you stop if you were debugging your tama, but don't stop here! now, look very closely for 4 more screws on the sides, and unscrew them.

5.) pull on the buttons LIGHTLY and they will pop off

6.) DON'T FREAK OUT IF THE OLD BACKGROUND SLIDES OUT. IT'S JUST A PIECE OF PAPER. keep track of it, though.

7.) put your tama aside where dust won't get onto it.

8.)using the old background, you can either

*flip it over and draw your own background

or,

*using the old background, grab a picture or something that you want as a background, and put the old background RIGHT on top of it. trace along the edges, and cut the picture out.

9.) slide it in so you can see the picture on the [VERY DELICATE] screen. now, you notice it was given a tinge of green. =P

10.)put the buttons in the holes, and fold the circut board thingy back in place.

11.)screw in all the screws.[sHORT ONES FIRST (FOR THE CIRCUT BOARD THINGY) THEN TH LONG ONES][MAKE SURE THE SCREWS LOOK THE SAME WAY THEY DID BEFORE THEY WERE SCREWED OUT]

12.) put the battery in FLAT SIDE UP.

13.) screw the back onto it.

14.) flip it over, download, change the time back to normal, and you will have a brand new background!

note: It will act like any normal tama. nothing other than the screen will change.

well, hope that was useful! please respond and vote for the poll!

@complete tama fanatic@

ps- I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR TAMA BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T READ ALL THE STUFF AT THE TOP!
Very good idea thank you :)

that's so cool i never thought of that! GREAT IDEA!!

BTW: it's not dangerous if you read the directions CAREFULLY!!!!!!!

thanks for that idea!

well it is as dangerous as debugging but still its a clever idea! way to go! lol

a small pocket knife? ;) :p :D
okay, well don't use a small pocket knife. I JUST did, and it closed on my thumb, and I bascially spilt my thumb in half down to my nail. (I have very short nails, I bite them.) And I'm not exaggerating. It's kinda spilt in half. yeh. it burns.

So be VERY CAREFUL.

sounds awesome and i took the addiction test for the tamagotchi and I'm 67% addicted to tamagotchi's!!!

I am going to try that on one of my OLD OLD OLD Tamagotchis!!!! I am NOT risking my little baby!!! (versoins 4 and 4.5)I have every versoin 1-4.5!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back